Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Kinda sucks on such an expensive toy. Fairly minor compared to some of the QC issues on other releases, though.

Yeah I guess so.. and in the end the toy is still perfectly functional and isn't falling apart during handling. The two with the stress marks I have in Battroid and Gerwalk so you don't notice it at all! :)

Looks pretty cool! silly question as I've never had or experienced one of these.. do the 4 cannons stow away in the other modes or you gotta remove them for transformation?

They fold up into the shuttle body. This VB is a perfect transformation. The only thing lacking is a set of landing gears...

They probably could have if they tried, but I don't know if lineart of the gear even exists, or where they would need to fold out of. The nose area is taken up with hip/waist joints, and the wings are solid leg joint internally. The best place might be the large rear belly plate, but that becomes the cannon mount, so the gear would have to fit between the cannon barrels.

Don't have an older one, or this release in hand yet, but it looks like the colors on this one are more saturated, brighter yellow, and darker green.

Still debating whether I want to attempt to scrub off the nose decal, and try to save the shark mouth.

Oh, it's a decal? Yeah, at that size I can see the edge of the decal film stretched over that indented hole.

That actually might be fairly simple to remove then. Only question is whether the tampo will outlast the durability of the decal. And honestly, as gaudy as it is, I hesitate a bit to risk damaging the surface, or even killing it's "mint" condition.

Maybe if I get a second one.. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh, it's a decal? Yeah, at that size I can see the edge of the decal film stretched over that indented hole.

That actually might be fairly simple to remove then. Only question is whether the tampo will outlast the durability of the decal. And honestly, as gaudy as it is, I hesitate a bit to risk damaging the surface, or even killing it's "mint" condition.

Maybe if I get a second one.. :p

Let me know if it comes off easily. I'm not so hot on that decal either, but I do love the shark mouth. I really hate "stickers" that span over panel lines - it really makes it toy-like.

@Saburo looks fantastic mate! Good to see it finally arrived! :) so what are your thoughts on it!?

Thanks! I don't have the previous releases of the Koenig Monster in my collection, so I am not sure what or if there were any improvements with this one.

The first thing I noticed after taking it out of the box was it was oily to the touch, but fixed that by wiping it down with a cleaning solution I make to clean acrylic. I was surprised and how solid it was in shuttle mode, nothing was flopping around. I watched a transformation video before I attempted to do it myself and it was pretty straight forward, I only transformed to Gerwalk mode. In gerwalk mode, I spend a bit of time trying to get the legs even, with all the bits that need to click and move into place, also those hip joints were really tight. But even with all of the time tweaking it I can't get the foot pads (the inner one just behind the main toe flaps) to sit flat completely flat.

Overall, I am very happy with it. I'll be taking studio shots of it soon.

I got mine today.

I was unsure about the color because the images where not really showing the color accurately. I really like the hue of the olive green paint job. I think if it was a bit more green it would look better but I'm preferring the color of the reissue over the original release.

Mine was a bit oily but luckily had no stress marks on the both flaps for the legs. Strangely the legs where not transformed completely for bomber-mode but nothing was broken.

I was surprised about the size of the box. It was pretty flat. I dislike the muted color choices on the box that is typical for Tamashii Web Exclusive releases. I'd preferred a normal box. That is hardly a nit-pick however. The stand sucks but that was to be expected. I would love to have the stand plate that came with the SP version of the first release.

I really dislike the exclusion of the landing gear because I would love to display it in bomber mode with the landing gear out.

Now my Frontier collection comes slowly to a close. I only need a YF-25, VF-171EX and a VF-27CF. Luckily Bandai has the bases covered for me.

Edited by Scyla

Well, mine hasn't been released by Customs yet. It's a bit unusual for them to hold a package for this long (it arrived since Thursday last week.). I'm trying my best not to think of greedy custom officials trying to compute the maximum tax to charge me of off my purchase. :(

Well, mine hasn't been released by Customs yet. It's a bit unusual for them to hold a package for this long (it arrived since Thursday last week.). I'm trying my best not to think of greedy custom officials trying to compute the maximum tax to charge me of off my purchase. :(

I know how it feels, brouken. Hope you get your package soon.

Thanks Abaddon. I just hope that they don't break anything in the package. The Koenig is the only thing missing from my SMS team. As always, Canaria sure knows how to make a delayed grand entrance. :p

I just log a ticket with NY on mine as last place from tracking shows Osaka. If it was Australia, understand customs could be delaying it. It doesn't take a week for a parcel from Osaka to reach Aust for EMS.

Thanks Abaddon. I just hope that they don't break anything in the package. The Koenig is the only thing missing from my SMS team. As always, Canaria sure knows how to make a delayed grand entrance. :p

Haha! Cue Ranka singing Aimo. :lol:

I need some help. I figured out how to drop down the lower turret (under nose cone). I am looking at mine and it has 1 long barrel (right) and a 1 stub (left) on it. I wanted to ask if anyone can confirm this is how it supposed to be? I was looking at the stub and it doesn't appear the barrel snapped off at first glance.