Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Based on the dimensions from the macross mecha manual it's 29.78m x 24.42m x 6.77m, which in 1/60 translates to around : 49.6cm Length, 40.7cm wingspan and 11.2cm height.

the length and width aren't really too killer. the footprint won't be different from most modern 1/32 fighter kits from Tamiya / Academy / Trumpeteer.

However, with the main fuselage hitting ~11cm in thickness it would be pretty heavy. It could be a deadly weapon even

I'd still buy one though the price would be pretty steep. It could easily cost more than 4-5 VF-25's

Edited by Duymon

Yamato had a prototipe before they went down. It would be too big and just too expensive.

And that's the HWR-00-Mk.II - the original Monster - which is bigger than the VB-6.

The joke back then was that we could use it as a coffee table - just put a piece of glass on top across the guns. :lol:

Graham must have more pics from the prototype in his hard drive!!

It'd be great if he was allowed to share the pics from the different Yamato releases.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

edited for truth.

Ha!

LOL this photo will never die! :D

Right! It does seem to pop up at least 2-3 times per year since it's release.

Graham must have more pics from the prototype in his hardrive!!

I'd be great if he was allowed to share the pics from the different Yamato releases.

Truly, I'd love to see pictures or hear about products/projects that were discussed and in the works or that were abandoned.

Graham, where art thou?

-b.

The price point of that Monster was less than some of the valks getting released now... :lol:

So let me get this straight: I understand there are two versions of the previous Bandai release. One has nose art and the other hasn't? I'm asking because I'm getting this but I'd love a plain one as well (If I can afford it).

Wasn't there three? One Ranka, One Sheryl and one standard?

You got it right LSB. The one with the character art (devil Ranka) also had a display stand and fancy box and cost more. Both are pretty hard to come by at the moment, maybe this third release will help stock resurface of the plain version.

Edited by jenius

hmmm, this might have been good to read 2 days ago. i just bought a sealed Chogokin VB-6 Konig Monster (SP Version) for $339CAD shipped from japan. :o[/size]

I wouldn't worry, the SP version is a very very nice piece from the Monster to the box itself.

First Release Normal Ver. (No nose art)

vb6_box_front_view.jpg

First Release SP Ver. (Sheryl nose art, Clear Blue Island 1 Roof Base, Sheryl VEGA credit card)

ishop2go-dx-chogokin-vb-6-koenig-monster

And new 2014 Re-release Ver. (SRW Style Ranka and Sheryl Nose art)

aqOpO2.jpg

Edited by charger69

You got it right LSB. The one with the character art (devil Ranka) also had a display stand and fancy box and cost more. Both are pretty hard to come by at the moment, maybe this third release will help stock resurface of the plain version.

I got one of those and it's actually devil Sheryl. There is no devil Ranka.

Yamato had a prototipe before they went down. It would be too big and just too expensive.

monster-prototype.jpg

283508d1395307382-los-likes-del-facebook

Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!Model kit!!!

Edited by MILKAUTICO

Come to think of it, there isn't any version of the Monster with this decal is there?
macrossF_16_02.jpg

That said, I much preferred the Devil Sheryl design.

Also, while I'm not much of a Ranka fan, could someone post that pic with the crude drawing of a "Koenig Ranka" on a warhead ?

Edited by SaitouSad

From the pictures, it kind of looks like a sticker, the graphics span right across a panel line and you can't see the panel line underneath it which seems like a sticker instead of a tampo print. Could be just a prototype though. I prefer just the sharks mouth too.

I found this scan of the sticker sheet. It looks like it might be from the regular version (I have one, but it's packed away so I can't check at the moment)

post-740-0-18508500-1403840493.jpg

(source: http://eyeforthings.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/bandais-dx-chogokin-robot-damashii-vb-6-konig-monster/ )

The person said they removed the eyes already. The third scan from the directions from the link above also show multiple nose art options.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Well it had no landing gear, no cockpit and iirc some of the joints in the arms where prone of developing stress marks.

Has someone a confirmation that this release will be different in any way engineering wise?

I've not seen Frontier, so I could be completely wrong - but I thought the "real" VB-6 didn't have landing gear either? That Shuttle Mode was just for spaceflight and re-entry, and it spent any time on the ground in Destroid or Battroid modes?

I wouldn't worry, the SP version is a very very nice piece from the Monster to the box itself.

awesome, can't wait! i saw it pop up on jungle before i went to bed that night and grabbed it as fast as i could cause i knew it would be gone in the morning at Y24,840 + shipping