Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

I thought it was 4/30.

Thanks, Jenius. That's about right, since these were up for preorder thru Nov/Dec. Having not seen or heard anything for at least two months, I was hoping it wasn't going to devolve into vaporware.

I did some more snooping around the web and discovered the Suprememecha blog. Cool stuff on there...anime models, toys, and such. As it happens, they have a 4/2015 release date for the Monster as well, so that's a good indicator. I'm really starting to anticipate this thing. The blog also points out a few things Bandai fixed from the first release, so that makes me happy, too. Improvements FTW.

Jenius got it. It says right there on the order page on NY "Estimated Release Date 2015-04-30"

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/macross/9753-macross-f-dx-chogokin-koenig-monster-wings-of-valkyrie-limited-edition.html

Speaking of this web exclusive... Is it still possible to order one if you missed the pre-order? I could've swore I read that you can still get one once the item releases. Is that usually the case for these Tamashii web exclusives?

Edited by Offswitch

Jenius got it. It says right there on the order page on NY "Estimated Release Date 2015-04-30"

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/macross/9753-macross-f-dx-chogokin-koenig-monster-wings-of-valkyrie-limited-edition.html

Speaking of this web exclusive... Is it still possible to order one if you missed the pre-order? I could've swore I read that you can still get one once the item releases. Is that usually the case for these Tamashii web exclusives?

Yeah usually all the retailers order a few more than they had preorders so there is a high possibility that some will be available after release. The YF-29 Isamu Custom is still around.

Yeah usually all the retailers order a few more than they had preorders so there is a high possibility that some will be available after release. The YF-29 Isamu Custom is still around.

Cool, thanks, Scyla

I didn't know the Isamu 29 was a web exclusive. (Just got into collecting a few months ago.) That's weird to think that an "exclusive" item can actually be easier to get than a regular release where getting a pre-order is like winning a lottery. :wacko:

Thanks, Jenius. That's about right, since these were up for preorder thru Nov/Dec. Having not seen or heard anything for at least two months, I was hoping it wasn't going to devolve into vaporware.

I did some more snooping around the web and discovered the Suprememecha blog. Cool stuff on there...anime models, toys, and such. As it happens, they have a 4/2015 release date for the Monster as well, so that's a good indicator. I'm really starting to anticipate this thing. The blog also points out a few things Bandai fixed from the first release, so that makes me happy, too. Improvements FTW.

What improvements were made?

I must be going blind in my semi-old age. Thanks Offswitch, and Jenius, of course.

Ok, so the improvement (singular) that I saw was actually on a different blog: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/16410/bandai-dx-damashii-koenig-monster?page=5

However, they point out that the renewal will have screws in lieu of pins in the arm joints, which will hopefully be more durable. Sorry for misleading; my memory leaves much to be desired, and I was jumping about perusing various sites for info on this thing yesterday. My excitement got the best of me when posting.

Cool, thanks, Scyla

I didn't know the Isamu 29 was a web exclusive. (Just got into collecting a few months ago.) That's weird to think that an "exclusive" item can actually be easier to get than a regular release where getting a pre-order is like winning a lottery. :wacko:

Usually the web exclusives are reserved for either obscure paint schemes or side characters that no one cares about. That plus the fact that they are made to order (i.e. everybody in Japan can order as much as they want) usually means that they are fairly easy available after release.

There are some exceptions like the Super and Armor Parts. In that case everyone who bought a regular release wants the add-on sets.

The marked for regular releases the market is completely overheated due to a history of Bandais inability to provide enough stock (or brilliance to provide just enough to keep us hooked).

I must be going blind in my semi-old age. Thanks Offswitch, and Jenius, of course.

Ok, so the improvement (singular) that I saw was actually on a different blog: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/16410/bandai-dx-damashii-koenig-monster?page=5

However, they point out that the renewal will have screws in lieu of pins in the arm joints, which will hopefully be more durable. Sorry for misleading; my memory leaves much to be desired, and I was jumping about perusing various sites for info on this thing yesterday. My excitement got the best of me when posting.

Nice find of the mention of the improvement to the arm joints, M'kyuun.

Aside from that, were there any other issues with the original Konig Monster? Or any improvements that Bandai should've done? I just feel like Bandai really could've taken the opportunity to spruce up a 5 year old mold... other than to just change the color & tampos and fix a few screws.

I still wanna get one tho. :lol:

Usually the web exclusives are reserved for either obscure paint schemes or side characters that no one cares about. That plus the fact that they are made to order (i.e. everybody in Japan can order as much as they want) usually means that they are fairly easy available after release.

There are some exceptions like the Super and Armor Parts. In that case everyone who bought a regular release wants the add-on sets.

The marked for regular releases the market is completely overheated due to a history of Bandais inability to provide enough stock (or brilliance to provide just enough to keep us hooked).

Thanks for the clarification, Scyla. That's kinda why I was confused about the Isamu 29 being a web exclusive (he's a major character)... while the YF-29b Percival (an obscure protagonist) wasn't. :huh:

But I hear ya on the overheated market for the regular Bandai releases tho.... Seems quite silly since Bandai could make a pretty penny if they wanted to (the upcoming VF-19 Advance being a perfect example).

Well, I think Bandai and Hasbro are sharing their market strategy: determine what your consumer base wants the most, dole it out meagerly, and overload the market with all your other products about which consumers are "meh".

On topic, I'm not really sure what the flaws of the first Bandai Konig release were, but I'm hoping that in the intervening years they've made some fixes for the upcoming release. That seems to be Bandai's modus operandi. I still have a soft spot for my Yammie (he's standing tall on my desk), but judging from all the pics/vids I've seen, Bandai looked at everything Yamato got wrong and fixed it for their version. I'll be happy to have both.

I was under the impression that this release would be in the color closer to the Yamato version instead of the old color that Bandai used on the first release. I hope I am right as I don't really need 2 in the same color.

*Edit*

It actually looks like it will be a darker olive color this time around.

Edited by Loop

For variety, I wouldn't have minded its being more tannish than olive, but either is appropriate for a military machine. I'm just glad it's not brightly colored like alot of Kawamori's other designs.

NY already has my money; just waiting for the shipping notice. :)