Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

tfw2005 crossing over to MW

... <_<...

as a Transformer and Macross fan (infinitely more so the latter) I certainly hope not

+1 we have great reviewers that post reviews regularly on MW

+2 - there's even a thread dedicated to posting the YouTube reviews and transformation guides

-b.

What's the good news??

Anyways, yea, like David said, they usually re-use the test sample(s) to go to different reviewers when there is only 1 or 2 copies in the transformers world, so the same can be done here. So give a sample to 2 reviewers (maybe a very involved member here, and maybe a very recognized reviewer like Peaugh / Optibotimus that has a lot of fans), then sent to another 2, one with Photography / Digital skills (VERY important), or mix / match...

But, I think Lunar should still first make sure the copies from Master Made are acceptable / ok enough for a test shot anyways, and even if not, no problem, just pls ask Master Made what will be fixed on the final production version that is not on the test shot, and give that list to the reviewers (and to us), so as to get the right info across. Test shots aren't always perfect, so that's ok, we just need to know what will be addressed, and for reviewers to know it.

http://chimungmung.c...h1c4t7fvns5l5t6

"This product will be in stock on Tuesday 30 September, 2014."

Not sure if a review will matter in the short run.....if that release date is accurate it would indicate an initial production quantity has already been set.....especially since it also indicates that the first batch will get the 2 "free" sd vf-1's.....maybe 100?

However, if it sells out or demand outstrips this initial production quantity...then I think a review site which can deliver the most exposure would definitely help initiate second and more runs....

Besides, we know we will get a Macross-centric review anyway as soon as one of our members gets his hands on it....

Also, even if the toy is not as great as it appears, it still deserves our support if only to encourage more and better 3P releases going forward...I hope whoever does the initial review takes this into consideration and is not too harsh.....we don't want to squash 3P Macross before it has a chance to succeed...in this respect, I think it would help if the reviewer at minimum appreciates the franchise and is somewhat knowledgeable about it's trials and tribulations outside of Japan.....

Edited by jvmacross

http://chimungmung.c...h1c4t7fvns5l5t6

"This product will be in stock on Tuesday 30 September, 2014."

Not sure if a review will matter in the short run.....if that release date is accurate it would indicate an initial production quantity has already been set.....especially since it also indicates that the first batch will get the 2 "free" sd vf-1's.....maybe 100?

However, if it sells out or demand outstrips this initial production quantity...then I think a review site which can deliver the most exposure would definitely help initiate second and more runs....

Besides, we know we will get a Macross-centric review anyway as soon as one of our members gets his hands on it....

Also, even if the toy is not as great as it appears, it still deserves our support if only to encourage more and better 3P releases going forward...I hope whoever does the initial review takes this into consideration and is not too harsh.....we don't want to squash 3P Macross before it has a chance to succeed...in this respect, I think it would help if the reviewer at minimum appreciates the franchise and is somewhat knowledgeable about it's trials and tribulations outside of Japan.....

That release date is inaccurate. I had a talk with MM, and they told me I will be getting the most earliest release for NYCC. All others are after. In another word, first order are to fulfill for all my PO customers.

Edited by evilcat005

That release date is inaccurate. I had a talk with MM, and they told me I will be getting the most earliest release for NYCC. All others are after. In another word, first order are to fulfill for all my PO customers.

Ok..thanks for the update....I have my preorders with you already...so I can expect to get the VF-1 figures as well?

Ok..thanks for the update....I have my preorders with you already...so I can expect to get the VF-1 figures as well?

afaik, the VF-1 is a first run premium for the toy. Succeeding batches will not have these. so if you PO now, yes, most probably you will get it.

I think the fact that Jenius has preordered one is the reason for the good news. Jenius being anymoon.com/scorched earth toys, so we'll get the usual great review from him.

Speaking of which, do you have your Arcadia YF-19 yet Jenius? :)

Noooooooo :(. I'm waiting for the vf25G tornado parts to hit the street before I try to get it shipped. My buddy in Japan has been very busy so I haven't pushed it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it does look real promising. i think it's going to be widely avail since it's a 3d party and so cheaply priced. i imagine the makers are trying to sell as many as they can. i'm going to look at the reviews. before doing anything.

but awesome prices and options to get it at.

Where did you get that info? I need to ask Master Made to confirm this info. Some how i didn't pick this info up.

Where did you get that info? I need to ask Master Made to confirm this info. Some how i didn't pick this info up.

Probably from chimungmungs website , they listed "First Edition include VF-1J & VF-1s Mini figure "

So Everyone would just assume only the first edition gets the mini valks.

Probably from chimungmungs website , they listed "First Edition include VF-1J & VF-1s Mini figure "

So Everyone would just assume only the first edition gets the mini valks.

Information for SDF-1 on their web site seems to be off. They might be getting the information from another source. To my understanding, the entire batch will come with figures, the release date they have is off too, it will be first released in October, and its barely makes it to NYCC on time.

I read it when I use google translate on weibu or taobao(forgot which). So I assume as much since it was a common practice for china BL/KO gundam kit as well as complete different 3P kit, they have this habit of adding FIRST release extra to attract buyers.

The toy looks good but I'll get one after reviews of it are done. Hint: do VF2ss next. And then do a mospeada legious at 1/48. (watch out for harmony gold though.)

Maybe if this stuff takes off a tv series is done about it? Astro Plan. (chinese robotech/macross frontier lol) Much like what happened with the transformers? (americans created a story based on the toys, the comics were made based on the tv series, now we have michael bay live action movies that never resembles the toons or the old toys lol. The recent prequel transformers video games are pretty good though...)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I’m torn by this release. In the end, it is IP theft and some details like the VF-1J with four head cannons even suggests a lack of respect for the IP. I don't like that. On the other hand, the rest of the product looks really nice. Although, I am aware that good lightning, color refinements and other digital touch ups can make any plastic crap look good… And before I decide to buy it or not, I might need to look up if it’s even legal for me to own this item by European Union laws.

The toy looks good but I'll get one after reviews of it are done. Hint: do VF2ss next. And then do a mospeada legious at 1/48. (watch out for harmony gold though.)

Maybe if this stuff takes off a tv series is done about it? Astro Plan. (chinese robotech/macross frontier lol) Much like what happened with the transformers? (americans created a story based on the toys, the comics were made based on the tv series, now we have michael bay live action movies that never resembles the toons or the old toys lol. The recent prequel transformers video games are pretty good though...)

what? :huh:

I’m torn by this release. In the end, it is IP theft and some details like the VF-1J with four head cannons even suggests a lack of respect for the IP. I don't like that. On the other hand, the rest of the product looks really nice. Although, I am aware that good lightning, color refinements and other digital touch ups can make any plastic crap look good… And before I decide to buy it or not, I might need to look up if it’s even legal for me to own this item by European Union laws.

I really doubt the police are gonna throw you in Jail just because you bought something from China that kind of resembles a thing from Japan.

but in the event that a SWAT team does come flying through your window to confiscate your evil Chinese bootleg toy, be sure to get it on video because that'll be hilarious.

Edited by anime52k8

It is most definitely IP theft, blatant at that. Despite employing SD aesthetics, this is a straight up usage of the SDF-1 visual design. Now is that "good" or "bad" or "moral" or "immoral"...that's a subjective and personal matter.

As far as a legal matter, that's for the IP holder(s) to determine as far as pursuing action goes.

I doubt you would have issues for purchasing and/or owning the toy but I don't know anything about the EU laws regarding IP infringing products.

The Makuros does look very good in the promotional photos...personally, I'm primarily interested in the toy design and utilization of the materials in its construction. For roughly $100 plus shipping, I hope this is not a fragile object where I would have reservations about handling it despite it being a seemingly well articulated toy.

If you're in the US, BW doesn't care about us. So don't feel bad.

Plus I highly doubt anyone buying this, wouldn't buy a 1/3000 SDF-1 if Arcadia announced it the day after these arrived.

I'm just saying this kind of toy, does not affect the current market's major players.

I really doubt the police are gonna throw you in Jail just because you bought something from China that kind of resembles a thing from Japan.

but in the event that a SWAT team does come flying through your window to confiscate your evil Chinese bootleg toy, be sure to get it on video because that'll be hilarious.

Don't be silly. I'm talking more about like getting a $200 fine and having the item confiscated. What I meant was that I'm no legal expert and have to look it up. It would suck to get into trouble if it can be avoided.

I doubt you would have issues for purchasing and/or owning the toy but I don't know anything about the EU laws regarding IP infringing products.

I just know that the EU takes IPR infringement and counterfeits very seriously. I also know that bringing any counterfeit into my country is illegal, even if it's in good faith. But I think the focus is on European brands and the people at the customs office wouldn't know anything about Macross anyway, so it's probably quite safe.

Edited by Lorindor

I just know that the EU takes IPR infringement and counterfeits very seriously. I also know that bringing any counterfeit into my country is illegal, even if it's in good faith. But I think the focus is on European brands and the people at the customs office wouldn't know anything about Macross anyway, so it's probably quite safe.

Oh, I see. That definitely makes importing U3P products into your country more of a gamble than most others.