Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

So I finally got mine today...sadly same issue. I bought two and took a chance that even if one box was messed up maybe the other one will be atleast mint. Too bad I was mistaken. Just like the others have mentioned its not the shipping box from Lunar to me, it seems to have been before that. The item itself was well padded with newspaper. Judge for the images.. you can call me anal but at this point not even sure what to do.. frustrated yes..

DSC_0029_zps95de8abc.jpg

DSC_0034_zps3dc49212.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsd15b3acc.jpg

DSC_0031_zps48b3d83c.jpg

DSC_0032_zps14715093.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsdde233b4.jpg

Did anybody actually get a mint box at all?

My SD SDF-1 came from Robotkingdom and the box was a dinged up as well.

The box cardboard is fairly flimsy, much more so than a bandai or yamatarcadia box, so I'm not surprised that a large number are dinged up.

For me, the box goes in the closet. The SD SDF-1 goes on my shelf. I'm ok with that!

Yeah^. The cardboard is quite thin. I'll have to dig the box out because I don't remember anything obvious, but mine also didn't have far to travel from Lunar.. The SD SDF-1 is in great condifion. I have no issues with the toy at all. I do empathize with the situation, though. I've had a couple Masterpiece Transformers arrive damaged from other stores, and following up on a downer like that takes time and commitment.

You wanna trade? LoL

You can just flat out have the box if you want. I'm running out of storage space for valk boxes anyway. The stupid Bandai ones take up all the space with the dang styrofoam packaging that I can't stack like I can with the Yamato/Arcadia plastic packaging. PM me if you want it and we can work out details.

Edit: Oh nevermind. I did find a slight ding in the corner that I didn't notice before. So it's not perfect as I thought it was.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

So I finally got mine today...sadly same issue. I bought two and took a chance that even if one box was messed up maybe the other one will be atleast mint. Too bad I was mistaken. Just like the others have mentioned its not the shipping box from Lunar to me, it seems to have been before that. The item itself was well padded with newspaper. Judge for the images.. you can call me anal but at this point not even sure what to do.. frustrated yes..

That's actually not so bad. Mine was worse. When you have to apply pressure to get the slipcase off and have trouble putting it back on, it stops being a "slip" case and you know the damage is kinda extensive.

Mine arrived too!

It's pretty good quality with lots of details and colouring.

I think it has even more colour than my Yamato 1/3000.

In term of price-to-value ratio of, Master Made beats Yamato.

I wonder how expensive is the Macross toy license, whats % of a Yamato Macross goes to license fee.

• 2 weeks later...

man i was editing my photos to clean them up. mine's like a poor man's version of yours though. lol...its not bad for me, bu just not as good as these.

Post your photos, all photos are good and the threads would be boring without pictures.

Thank you, a lot reading, trial and error went into trying to improve my photos.