Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

I have to say Lunar's customer service has been really good. They were very quick to respond to a shipping issue with mine and were just as quick to resolve the issue. And I must say, in the end; it's just the box. If the toy is okay, that is the most important thing.

YAHOO!!!!!! It's says it will be delivered today!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!

This little guy is FREAKING amazing!!!! I am so glad i got two, one for carrier and one as batteroid. DAMN!!! So cool. Hmmm, might have to get one more for work, lol....

This little guy is FREAKING amazing!!!! I am so glad i got two, one for carrier and one as batteroid. DAMN!!! So cool. Hmmm, might have to get one more for work, lol....

Then you are going to like this! I didn't create a thread because i figure its not Macross, but this is going to be MM next product.

10469308_677237015717310_571701255933096

Edited by evilcat005

From the damage of the box I fully assumed the toy it self had damage as well - it literally looked like someone had sat on the corner of the box. As soon as I saw the extent of the damage to the box I didn't open it - at that point I knew I would be sending it back so what good would opening the box do?

Lunar refused to work with me on providing an exchange, so why would I open the box and risk not being able to get a refund?

From the damage of the box I fully assumed the toy it self had damage as well - it literally looked like someone had sat on the corner of the box. As soon as I saw the extent of the damage to the box I didn't open it - at that point I knew I would be sending it back so what good would opening the box do?

Lunar refused to work with me on providing an exchange, so why would I open the box and risk not being able to get a refund?

If you respond with that just now to my initial email, it would of made more sense, and we would of work things out, but instead you respond with That email above. Beside, and Again i only ask you if you intent to open the box to see if it makes sense to even send you replacement box. I stated all these in the earlier threads, but to your believe, its none of my business to know the situation to help my customers.

Add to it, you don't need to open the box to get an initial feel if the product is damage, it have open window. Unless the toy was sat on and that person sat right through the 2 to 3 inch of protection, you can clearly tell if something was wrong from with the toy from the damage corner. Also, if you told me that you open the toy and it was damage i would of help you out just like how i will help out other customers. Replacement parts, exchange, or refund. Your just trying to make me sounds like some one who are trying to unload damage toys and run away. beside, I helped xrentonx out, why would i not help you guys out? You guys say Xrentonx posted on form and i didn't respond, that is because he never reached out to me through the official way yet, and I thought he got it from over sea because he say it could be done by over sea shipping. The moment i found out he got it from me i offer my help.

Edited by evilcat005

Their macross venture is not over yet. at least thats what i understand

I do hope their "SD" Macross venture is over....

BTW, do you know how long did it took MasterMade to produce the Makuros...from start to finish?

Just curious as to how many Macross projects we can possibly expect from MasterMade in 2015....you already mentioned the destroid pack....so maybe one transforming and one non-transforming item per year?

I hope other 3P's throw their hat in the ring soon.

I do hope their "SD" Macross venture is over....

BTW, do you know how long did it took MasterMade to produce the Makuros...from start to finish?

Just curious as to how many Macross projects we can possibly expect from MasterMade in 2015....you already mentioned the destroid pack....so maybe one transforming and one non-transforming item per year?

I hope other 3P's throw their hat in the ring soon.

They are a small group, but very talented. I don't know the ETA how long it took them to complete it, but I know normally it can take up to 6 months for one project from start to finish. I have no idea what MM's plan for 2015 is until they are near completing the project. I think other 3P's are on the side line to see if Macross field is profitable, right now no one i know is making the move other than MM.

My only question to evilcat005 is this:

Why would you send out damaged items, knowing full well the damage originated on your end?

And to do it especially to those who pre-ordered (those who forked over cash months before in good faith) is the double whammy here. It just makes no sense. They should have top priority, period. Any damaged items should have been set aside for sale at a discounted price or to offer to late-comers when they know full well the items are part of your last batch and mint condition shouldn't be expected (beggars can't be choosers and all that). If you had just followed this simple process (which all other sellers I know do), there would have been NOTHING to resolve. Instead, you choose to willingly do your customers a disservice with something akin to a bait-and-switch. And to the collecting community, that's a big no-no.

Your only concern seems to be if the toy is intact/undamaged then everything is good. Your assumption/expectation that people are just going to shrug off damaged boxes might work for some but not all. You're in the collectible business; you must be aware that box condition is a major factor.

I await you answer. Your response to my question should inform everyone of your business practice.

Edited by geodude

PM please... Blacklist if you aren't satisfied in the end.

QFT.

People have made their opinions known and dragging this out longer in public isn't really going to resolve anything and it will likely devolve into a pissing match if things continue. EvilCat has said he will offer box replacements when he can or offer full refunds. What was done is done and all he can do now is try to rectify the situation to the best of his ability and keep such things in mind for the future. If he didn't know before, I think he knows now that people expect undamaged boxes if not noted otherwise.

For those who have yet to get their issues resolved, please use the private messaging system or email (since at this point email contact would already have been established) to attempt to resolve the disputes with each other, civilly if possible. Also, I don't think most of us really need to know the contents of emails sent to each other in private either so please refrain from doing that as it is kind of bad form to do so.

What is that? Metroplex and mini Ultra Magnus?

I hope the SD SDF-1 was a success then and they look to doing more Macross related stuff in the future.

Sure looks like Metroplex and Ultra Magnus. I really want to see what they look like, but not so sure if I would buy them.

I haven't transformed mine yet but despite you-know-what, the plastic is pretty quality stuff...AND matte! Like a squashed down Yamato and I love the clear yellow visor and the other clear bits :)

Edit: and to set the record I wasn't expecting Lunar to comment on my situation until Sunday or Monday. Besides, he's right that I didn't send him an email right away (will do so tonight). If he can help me great. Otherwise, no freaking out from me. I'm done and will deal with him directly so that we can get this train back on track. :)

Edited by xrentonx

Seriously, isn't it though? For a lil more than $100, it has great details!

Not me. I would buy the hell out of some SD valkyries!

I guess an SD VF-1..or even some other SD VF type would be nice...it it were the same size of the Makuros.....however, I'd personally prefer some 1/60 scale enemy mecha....no transformation required and MasterMade would be able to crank a Regult with detachable/interchangable weapon add-ons all in one box with ease......I'd buy three at minimum just to have one in each confguration......then maybe someone here would provide a scout kit for it! :rolleyes:

My "Makuros" landed in the Puget sound area today! I did not have a chance to really inspect it, but my box is in great shape. When I get a chance I will inspect the toy, hopefully there are no defects.

Wait! Is that a confirmation?!?

LOL, oops.

I am damn sure just by the silhouette that that is metroplex.

MM is still doing the Monster too for Macross.

Curious to see what those 2 bots shown in shadow are. I was considering getting the Iron Factory small Magnus, and hoping Toy World was going to do Metroplex and Omega Supreme in small sizes, curious to see if this is Magnus and Metro too.

My "Makuros" landed in the Puget sound area today! I did not have a chance to really inspect it, but my box is in great shape. When I get a chance I will inspect the toy, hopefully there are no defects.

LOL, oops.

I am damn sure just by the silhouette that that is metroplex.

That's great loop! No clue where mine is, tracking shows mine was in Utah on the 8th... :unsure:

Got mine! Shipping was pretty quick...thanks lunar!

Luckyyyy, today it will be 10 days since they told me shipping was confirmed, then they emailed me back asking if i owe them $5, after i cleared that up they said it was shipped, but i am still waiting.. and waiting.

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Took it out of the box, took a quick look to see if there was any damage and transformed it. Its nice figure, and good quality parts.

I noticed once you attach the stand arm to be base, it cannot be separated or least mine won't come apart.

Edited by Saburo

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Took it out of the box, took a quick look to see if there was any damage and transformed it. Its nice figure, and good quality parts.

I noticed once you attach the stand arm to be base, it cannot be separated or least mine won't come apart.

You can, just super super hard to separate it. You might as well calling it inseparable.

Any one know where on MW form I can post about the next Master Made toy. Which is not Macross. Don't want to enrage hate for crossing the universe.