Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

No! Don't choose the MT option! The toy plastic degrades and there's a slight yellowing. Box condition is pristine though!

Drat, I knew there would be a catch with the MT! Perfect for the Schrödinger's cat collectors though.

After examining this toy, I found it to have an incredible amount of detail and the assembly is excellent. Having been involved in toy design for many years now it is good to see a product that utilizes excellent molding techniques. You will find no screws on this toy everything has been press fit or glued to insure a seamless design throughout. I would love to get an un-assembled version of this to study the craftsmanship! Some of the areas of molding had me stumped because I couldn't find the parting lines, then I realized that it contained several molded pieces placed together.

Be Very Careful, as all of the pieces are molded from hard plastic!!!

The antennas and other parts on not out of a flexible PVC, so they can break easily. Watch out for the bridge antennas on the big bridge and on the ARMD's! Also the little antennas that stick out from the base at the back of the head!

Take extra care when transforming this toy and be patient. It is a pretty straightforward transformation and easy once you get the hang of it. My wish for all of the new VF's that they would be simple to transform. Now a days you need a PHD in transformation to successfully go from mode to mode!

Over all awesome toy!! I would love to see their version of a non SD SDF-1 TV version and Movie!!

Hi to all

Pre-order payment request have been out for couple of days now. If you did not receive it, check your email. If you know your pre-order it from me, just go ahead and complete your pre-order. The pre-order dead line is also coming soon. For all those who have yet to complete their pre-order please complete it soon before 11/8th. Once we pass Nov/8th, your pre-order is consider forfeited, and there will be no refund of your $5 deposit. Please do not wait on it!!!

Any one want to extend their Pre-order, please contact me!!

Thanks!

It's fedex smart post so the delivery date is really a estimate due to the final delivery from the U.S. postal service. no worries it shouldn't be that long , probably early next week unless your postal courier likes to deliver doortags instead of packages.

weathered SD SDF-1?

Really? I guess I could. I hadn't initially intended to since it's an SD and meant to be cartoony, but it might be kind of funny like telling an anti-joke. I was planning on using some left over glow in the dark stuff from the SDF-1 kit at the very least. I guess I'll add this on my to-do list. Now if only Badger would respond to one of my emails I've sent them about my broken airbrush...

heh, I just realized that since I just moved into a new place the other day and all of my toys are still in storage, the MAKUROS will be the very first toy I put up for display when it arrives tomorrow. One tiny capital ship, all alone, waiting for his fleet to arrive. :D

Just got mine as well from robot Kingdom with 4 pack of TF cards and one hologram card. Very Nice indeed! The detail is exquisite!! However no Minmay figure??? Please pardon the crappy phone picture as it doesn't do the toy justice at all!!

Not sure why the photo uploaded tilted??

Just want to cleared a few thing about this Minmay myth. Minmay does not come with this figure. The photo is just to show off that people can swap Goodsmile's nendoroid Pete head with the Mini VF figure. I'm sorry if the photo confused people. for those who already have Minimay, enjoy this feature!

Mine arrived today along with my RVF-171. The Makuros was the first thing I opened between the two :D

Overall, I love it. They did a great job on detailing this thing and the articulation isn't bad at all considering that it's SD and the Macross isn't exactly the most articulated thing to begin with.

It's fantastic how much detail they crammed on the head/in the bridge.

Transformation wasn't the easiest for me despite it being very simplistic. Some parts were stuck and I was afraid I might break it. Eventually, I got it to budge accompanied by a sigh of relief. Cruiser mode is definitely the weakest of the two modes with a number of inaccuracies unrelated to proportion. Still, the fact that it transforms at all and the cruiser mode is still recognizable is a plus.

Paint application seems to be clean and pretty well done with the exception of some spilt paint splotches on the gun on the back of the right leg on mine. It has at least as much tampo printing as Yamato/Arcadia manages :p

It's a little surprising that with the attention to detail they paid to this thing, they got the 01 and 02 on the ARMDs swapped on the wrong sides.

Most of the joints are fairly tight on mine which is good. However the starboard main gun is floppy in contrast to the port side gun which clicks as you move it and stays in place nicely. There is no such clicking on the starboard gun. I don't know if anyone else's is like this or not.

The little VFs are articulated reasonably well. The legs are attached via ball joints. The shoulders swivel up and down and the arms swivel horizontally. The head is on a ball joint also. I can't tell if the head lasers are articulated or not. They look like they might be, but I can't get mine to budge and I'm afraid I might break it if I try any harder.

If I have enough glow in the dark stickers left over, I think I will apply some on this guy. Otherwise, I might look into mixing some of my own glow in the dark paint. I'll give this thing an oil wash to bring out the details also. I'm still deciding if I want to weather it like EXO hinted :p What do you guys think? Should I?

I got mine today as well. There is quite a lot of detail. I haven't had time to transform it yet since I'm at work, but I did take it out of the box to play with it. All the joints move around nicely.

The only thing scary was while taking it apart to put it back in the box, the stand and mount was really stuck. After a couple of minutes, I finally managed to pull it apart. :unsure:

Other than that, I'm liking it so far! I just need to find a place for it...

*ketchup packet for size reference :p

post-14399-0-78268700-1415317017_thumb.jpg

Mine arrived today along with my RVF-171. The Makuros was the first thing I opened between the two :D

Overall, I love it. They did a great job on detailing this thing and the articulation isn't bad at all considering that it's SD and the Macross isn't exactly the most articulated thing to begin with.

It's fantastic how much detail they crammed on the head/in the bridge.

Transformation wasn't the easiest for me despite it being very simplistic. Some parts were stuck and I was afraid I might break it. Eventually, I got it to budge accompanied by a sigh of relief. Cruiser mode is definitely the weakest of the two modes with a number of inaccuracies unrelated to proportion. Still, the fact that it transforms at all and the cruiser mode is still recognizable is a plus.

Paint application seems to be clean and pretty well done with the exception of some spilt paint splotches on the gun on the back of the right leg on mine. It has at least as much tampo printing as Yamato/Arcadia manages :p

It's a little surprising that with the attention to detail they paid to this thing, they got the 01 and 02 on the ARMDs swapped on the wrong sides.

Most of the joints are fairly tight on mine which is good. However the starboard main gun is floppy in contrast to the port side gun which clicks as you move it and stays in place nicely. There is no such clicking on the starboard gun. I don't know if anyone else's is like this or not.

The little VFs are articulated reasonably well. The legs are attached via ball joints. The shoulders swivel up and down and the arms swivel horizontally. The head is on a ball joint also. I can't tell if the head lasers are articulated or not. They look like they might be, but I can't get mine to budge and I'm afraid I might break it if I try any harder.

If I have enough glow in the dark stickers left over, I think I will apply some on this guy. Otherwise, I might look into mixing some of my own glow in the dark paint. I'll give this thing an oil wash to bring out the details also. I'm still deciding if I want to weather it like EXO hinted :pWhat do you guys think? Should I?

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to get mine.

I think you should weather it. :)

I got mine today as well. There is quite a lot of detail. I haven't had time to transform it yet since I'm at work, but I did take it out of the box to play with it. All the joints move around nicely.

The only thing scary was while taking it apart to put it back in the box, the stand and mount was really stuck. After a couple of minutes, I finally managed to pull it apart. :unsure:

Other than that, I'm liking it so far! I just need to find a place for it...

*ketchup packet for size reference :p

Nice and I like the use of the ketchup packet. :D

Got mine today, thanks Evilcat! I love it. The overall fit & finish and tactile feel reminds me of a Yamato toy.

This thing is very high quality. To anyone on the fence I'd say grab one now because my gut tells me the secondary market price will go up quickly once stores run out and word gets out how nice this thing is.