Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

So would any 3rd party consider making VF-1 Joke Machine reneweal, please? Same rolling cockpit, better paint job, gun mount in fighter mode and ball joints on legs? May be $60 each? Bandai already killed their SD DX line so there is no competition from there.

I would love a veritech/joke machine renewal. Toynami could make 'em since they have a contract right?

Not sure if they could, but if they did it would probably be crap.

What we need is the Joke Machine 2.0 that a member custom made several years back. It was pretty darn amazing. I believe Exo and a few other lucky others have one.

Tangent: I CANNOT stop staring at your avatar.

Some day I hope to find a scan that doesn't have fighter mode covered with a giant watermark. <_<

post-430-0-84260900-1410971110_thumb.jpg

I'd also love a transformable SD Koenig Monster, and a Joke Machine 2.0, and really any other transforming Macross mechs they want to make. A SD VF-17 would be at the top of my list.

Been distracted the last couple of days to get over here and reply, but I think Gakken's covered everything pretty well. I can't think of any points I disagree with, nor anything else I can add to it. It's a really nice neat little figure. If you're interested in it, you'll likely quite enjoy the final figure.

I'm on board for it. And I actually prefer the round head over the original sdf1's, especially in robot mode. It looks ionno more like a head.

I agree. The head was a big part of what sold me on this one because it just looks so dang cool!

Anyone noticed that Hikaru's SD valk head unit is the pointy chinned 1J s and NOT the 1S.

Yeah there are a few inaccuracies with the mini valks.

Can push it up to evilcat and see he can let them know.

Las Vegas Dad - Always catching up in this hobby :D Be careful. Glad you liked it though.

Peaugh - Thanks man. Good review yourself.

This surprised me! I thought it was a small toy like the older valkyries. The ones with the rotating shields. But this looks a lot bigger and more expensive! I'm going to watch the reviews this weekend.

Its getting close to Release day for SD SDF1. Going to consolidate final number at end of this month. Those who didn't get their order in still have time. Once order is consolidated only those who Pre-order will receive it. Those who didn't Pre-order it will still have a chance to get the extra stock that I will be selling at NYCC, but NYCC customers will have priority. Any remaining stock that didn't get sold out at NYCC will be distributed to all online customers. I will try to get extra units at cut off day for late comer, if those units get sold out, then you guys will have to run your chance with retailer in China, and EvilBay.

Being a US based seller, US customers will have a easier time to address replacement part, or defect issue.

http://www.lunartoystore.com/collections/02-pre-orders/products/master-made-sdf1-makuros-pre-order

Edited by evilcat005

Lunar: If you live in the states, this is the obvious best choice, and you really shouldn't look elsewhere. It will be cheapest and probably best service too for ordering and if you have any issues at all.

Chimungmung is reliable and well used by transformers fans, and I really recommend them if you are international (ie none US), as this is one of the best price etailers in many cases. I have bought a few items from them. Tony is the owner and based in Hong Kong. If you have an issue, and he has to send you parts, he might ask if he can ship with other orders, or if you can pay a small amount for shipping. This will still come out cheaper in the end for international buyers!!!! As a Canadian, I have POed mine from them as soon as I saw it going up, I have very good experience and I know I wont get hit by tax or duty and shipping time is about 1 - 2 weeks, and he will help me out if I have any issues. ;)

Robot Kingdom is another option, but check out their shipping cost, they might be more than you thought. I think the Asian market benefits more from them for best pricing. They are popular among transformers fans, and they will send replacement parts. I think you can undervalue here too (let the flaming begin) and avoid tax / duty, but not 100% sure, just ask them. They are much bigger than Chimungmung and have more offerings. Personally haven't used them though, as Chimungmung saves me more in many cases (you have to compare though).

Edited by Arthurius

That reminds me...I'd like to see an unlicensed third party make action figures of characters! No one else seems to want to do it. Plus by the very nature of them being characters instead of Mechs, people would be much more forgiving of taking "artistic license" of the original design (people won't be as nitpicky as they would of a non-SD-not-VF2ss for example). For me, if a company was to make a non-SD Valk, it would have to be as close to the source material as possible, just like my Yamarcadias/Bandais. Unlicensed 3P stuff survives on being JUST close enough to skirt license-holder radar. This lends itself well to the TF community...maybe not so much Macross unless it is heavily stylized like this SDSDF1 :)

The anime figure is not part of the package. the photo only to show off the feature of the figure can have.

you can pre-order your from here www.lunartoystore.com

Oh. I thought it's a 'bonus' part. Hahaha! :lol: Btw, already did 'pre-ordered' since Page 1. ^_^

Can some one let me know the figure that got its head swapped? From the size of it, it looks like a Nendoroid Petite figure.

Yup. That's correct. ;)

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4042/Nendoroid+Petite+Macross+Heroines.html