Master Made SD-style SDF-1 "Makuros"

Max1984

WOW, I am sooooo excited about this,

1) this is my first SDF-1

2) my first macross purchase since yamato VF-17 Kai (on super discount). yea, I couldn't afford anything anymore.

3) my first SD

PO / Paid at Chimungmung. I recommend this store to any Canadians (actually anyone outside US really) if you want to avoid tax / duty and pay some of the cheapest price. It came to 120$ shipped (95$ + 25 shipping from HK). To anyone in the states, you really should go Lunar only, they have the best price for you guys, and if you order something else to go to 150$, you get free shipping..

Pls pls pls don't mess up the quality / paint, get us a descent figure pleaaase. Crossing fingers this one will be ok (I know some 3rd parties nail it on their first try, whilst others completely blow it). I just couldn't resist, I really want a nice SDF-1, and this looks amazing in both modes, and so cute, it will be nice hovering over my Yamato Valks

Edited by Arthurius

Guest davidwhangchoi

PO / Paid at Chimungmung. I recommend this store to any Canadians (actually anyone outside US really) if you want to avoid tax / duty and pay some of the cheapest price. It came to 120$ shipped (90$ + 25 shipping from HK).

cool they gave you a shipping quote. i was wondering about that site. let us know when you get it!

cool they gave you a shipping quote. i was wondering about that site. let us know when you get it!

WOW, I am sooooo excited about this,

1) this is my first SDF-1

2) my first macross purchase since yamato VF-17 Kai (on super discount). yea, I couldn't afford anything anymore.

3) my first SD

PO / Paid at Chimungmung. I recommend this store to any Canadians (actually anyone outside US really) if you want to avoid tax / duty and pay some of the cheapest price. It came to 120$ shipped (90$ + 25 shipping from HK). To anyone in the states, you really should go Lunar only, they have the best price for you guys, and if you order something else to go to 150$, you get free shipping..

Pls pls pls don't mess up the quality / paint, get us a descent figure pleaaase. Crossing fingers this one will be ok (I know some 3rd parties nail it on their first try, whilst others completely blow it). I just couldn't resist, I really want a nice SDF-1, and this looks amazing in both modes, and so cute, it will be nice hovering over my Yamato Valks

Thats Great! Sorry i couldn't do more for Canadian Customers for now. Once the new website get deployed, there will be great shipping rate improvement for international buyer, especially for Canadian Customers. I'm striving my best to bring great deal to all.

Just read that this will be a TOY! Initially it was thought to be a model kit, so I was a bit reluctant to purchase one since God knows when I'll have time to build it.

Now that we know its a toy .. hmmm .. calculating cash after yet another JM purchase..priorities..priorities..

Who is coming to NYCC?

add item to cart, paypal , etc and now back to the waiting game again.

No NYCC for me, need to stay and work to pay for all the toys that I have been buying and preordering. :rolleyes:

Ditto on the reason. :rolleyes:

It is confirmed that SDF-1 will come with the base stand in picture. In addition, there are possibility that the toy will also have the mini stand for the small Valks (to be confirmed).

Cool. Hope I can do a custome one and put LEDs in it. The base will work perfectly as the base for the batteries. ^_^

Yes, Chimungmung best option for international right now, and Lunar best option for the states. Also, I deal with Chimungmung for some of my TF, so I like using him, and never will get caught with tax / duty.

Robotkingdom may be cheaper in asia though, so you will have to check to make sure. I know to Canada, their shipping is 32$, and the std price is 99$.

@Lunar,

You will be getting a test shot and reviewing him? When do you expect this?

Also, pls email me when you get set up for international, I think I have come across your store before for a few things.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Arthurius

If the manufacturer really wants some serious "exposure", I would suggest they send a sample to Peaugh to review for his Youtube channel. He's got a zillion subscribers/viewers, and he is at least a moderate Macross fan.

Though if they'd rather have "super-uber Macross fans" review it on their channel, there's reviewers like veef, jenius, etc.

Third-party stuff generally relies HEAVILY on youtube-based reviews, for exposure/sales/etc.

I didn't know Peaugh was a Macross fan, but cool if he is, that would make the review better, and indeed get the word out and get more fans interested at least. It would be preferable to send it to 2 - 3 independent reviewer, as was done with FT Quakewave, which really got the balls rolling and increased the sales / audience.

Yes, Chimungmung best option for international right now, and Lunar best option for the states. Also, I deal with Chimungmung for some of my TF, so I like using him, and never will get caught with tax / duty.

Robotkingdom may be cheaper in asia though, so you will have to check to make sure. I know to Canada, their shipping is 32$, and the std price is 99$.

@Lunar,

You will be getting a test shot and reviewing him? When do you expect this?

Also, pls email me when you get set up for international, I think I have come across your store before for a few things.

Thanks in advance

I won't be doing the review. The review is likely to be done by another big Macross fan. I'm also thinking getting Optibotimus to do it. I will have 2 figures for state side review. its also good to get second opinion. Also, the review is for test shot which must be return to Master Made, so no one is getting paid off :p.

Peaugh! He's already a member here, has reviewed both the original and renewal VF-25s, the VF-27, the Quarter, and even just today posted a pic of his DX Alto w/Super pack on his twitter. https://www.youtube.com/user/peaugh/search?query=macross

He's even done SD Macross before:

I don't think Optibotimus is a Macross fan at all, never seen him review any DX's etc. If you want one of the "big name" third-party Youtube reviewers, I think Peaugh is much better choice for a Macross figure.

Peaugh has an account here, and even a for-sale thread. I just messaged him over at TFW to see if he's aware of this project etc. (since he checks TFW way more often than he does MW)

::edit:: Just heard back from Peaugh, he says he's been interested in this project since the beginning and would love to review it. He also says he just got a new DSLR camera to take better still pics to go along with his reviews.

He was actually wondering where to pre-order it from, so I think Lunar may be getting an order from him soon. :)

Most reviewers have agreements with multiple stores/sponsors----and since neither BBTS nor TFS is carrying this, there shouldn't be an issue. And even if there was here's Peaugh doing a Toydojo-sponsored vid:

And one from TransFans:

Both items of which are available from multiple sources including other ones he's worked with at the time.

I don't know of any reviewer who is "exclusive" to a certain store etc. They will often get stuff from certain stores for promotional purposes obviously, but they are "free agents". Also, a lot of reviewers don't keep the stuff they get--it is often just loaned for a little while to review, then they have to send it off to the next reviewer etc. Sometimes it's even just borrowed from a fellow TF-fan. I could send him my Ozma YF-29 to review if I wanted, and he'd very likely do it.

I'll be totally honest, and I mean no disrespect to any other reviewer, but these are my thoughts.

I think Veef would get the most eyeballs. I think he's very knowledgeable too, though his video quality isn't always the best (not a dis just being honest).

Jenius is my personal favorite, but since he isn't hooked up with CDX he gets less eyeballs, though he gets a ton of google traffic. I Think he has the best quality and detail.

If you compare Veef's and Jenius's review traffic in terms of macross fandom they are comparable and I'm sure there is a lot of overlap. Also you gotta think Veef will get a lot of eyeballs off CDX traffic that would never buy a Macross toy. I wouldn't be buying Macross toys in 2014 if it weren't for Jenius so obviously I'm biased.

Me, I'm just a scrappy little guy who likes to talk about toys and does it for fun. I'm not the best by any means. haha. I also get half the eyeballs that Jenius does, and most of my eyes come from here.

Exo is also great and obviously going to be knowledgeable about this piece. though he hasn't done a lot of reviews recently. He is also an admin and has access to the Facebook page ect.

I do think it should go to a MW reviewer first, though. The more independent the reviewer the better for this piece IMO. You gotta think that Harmony Gold might come knocking at some point yes? A guy like Peaugh will get a lot of views, but how many will buy a 3d party Macross toy? I think he'll get it eventually anyway and still have his fanbase to fall back on regardless. And if he's only going to do it because he can get it first, he shouldn't do it.

Edited by Gakken85

Bah, which ever reviewers have the most fans / subscribers, works... ;) Also, I like honesty. I just gonna wait and enjoy the reviews, and hope it's from more than one source. Reviewer, whomever it is, should be fan of macross to some extent!!!

Edited by Arthurius

That's pretty much the issue----reviewers that are well-known/respected within the Macross community, vs "big Youtube star reviewers".

However---if it's down to "Optibotimus vs Peaugh", then Peaugh hands-down.

There's a decent amount of crossover between Transformers and Macross of course due to VF-1/Jetfire, but a lot of "casual fans" don't follow the other one very closely---and someone like Peaugh could bring awareness to a TON of TF fans who watch every video he makes, who are already spending $$$ on third-party stuff.

It basically comes down to---"informing the Macross fan base that already knows about it" vs "spreading the word to a huge group that MAY be interested in buying it but doesn't know it exists".

And again---test shots/samples are often passed around--there's not that many of them so they have to be "reused". There's no reason at all the same exact figure couldn't go to EvilCat/Lunar for a photo shoot, then AnyMoon for a review, then Peaugh for another review.

I'm throwin my hat in Veef's ring here. CDX should get a decent amount of eyeballs. Peaugh's good for TF stuff and his priority is over there and not in this community. I'm subbed to both though.

Edit: Peaugh over Optibotimus for sure!

Edited by xrentonx

As of now. No one have contacted me for review or reply back to me for sample review. I can't give to any one unless they want it. Only a few MW form member have asked for it, and i don't mind letting the MW form have it.

Peaugh said he wants to do it, I just sent him a message to hopefully make sure he knows you know and you know he knows or whatever.