Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings Now Available

Peace is a fleeting state. The last written words of Blazer Vaughnt’s father echo through his mind when he joins the UCSB Space Forces Academy. His hope, to bring an end to centuries old conflict with the Galactic Federation.

He does not go it alone, joined by his three comrades from the Navigator’s Guild they find themselves at the hidden training facility. There they will join the Blade Force and meet the alluring Marda Sciminder, driving a wedge between Blazer and his closest friend. His time at the academy will test him in more ways than he can imagine.

Conflicts that arise from within and without will test his loyalty to his friends, his faith in himself and make him question his future. Death and loss will plague his quest to gain his wings forcing him to make the toughest decisions of his young life. On Dagger’s Wings combines heart racing space combat, realistic military action, in a unique and genuine science fiction universe.

ON-Daggers-Wings-Final-3.png

Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings, ISBN: 9781483530512 is now available at the following ebook retailers:

Gardner's Books

and Copia.

Coming soon to the iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, and other fine book sellers.

Go out and get your copy today, please review and recommend to your friends.

Thanks, honestly, the more people who review and share the book, the better it will do. I would appreciate it if people who read it would cross post any reviews here.

Also here is a nice little treat. The "hero" fighter/trainer of the book.

First video I've shot on the new computer, yes still in autocad. I want to make some more complicated videos but am having trouble figuring out how.

Edited by Knight26

Here are a couple more to enjoy:

The Feral-F Heavy Bomber

The Splicer 5000 Firehawk Space Superiority Fighter

(sorry about the background is so dark, will redo later)

And of course an enemy fighter, the GF Corvus Space Superiority Fighter

Edited by Knight26

Here are a few more I just animated:

GF TigerCat Light Fighter, this one needs its textures redone, they were corrupted during the computer move.

[VIDEO]

GF Solaar Mk1 Anti-Bomber Interceptor. These relatively cheap craft are sent out in large numbers to intercept incoming bombers and torpedoes.

[VIDEO]

UCSB Splicer 2000 Cutter High Speed Fighter Interceptor.

[VIDEO]

UCSB Splicer 3000 Marker Strike Bomber, standard configuration.

[VIDEO]

UCSB Splicer 3000 Marker Strike Bomber, support gunship configuration.

[VIDEO]

• 4 weeks later...

A small bump. We found a new feeding chair for my disabled son Owen, but we are planning to use the funds generated by the book to pay for it. To that end I need to generate at least 100 sales by the end of July. I should get my first sales report/royalties check in august. So, for anyone who has read the book, thank you, and please leave a review here or at the e-retailer you purchased the book at, reviews help to generate sales for first books. Also, if you liked the book, please recommend it to others, and if you haven't picked up a copy, head on over, as every dime I make on this goes to help buy equipment and therapies for a very special, disabled boy.

Possibly stupid question, but is it available in a "universal" format like a PDF from Amazon/BN? I only see "reader" versions there----because posting a review at Amazon would probably gain the most visibility, but so far only ibooks seems to offer the format I'd like. (I don't like reading on a phone, nor even an ipad really---I'm most comfy with a real screen/PC--but that means I need a PDF etc, not a nook/kindle/reader version)

I don't think any of the major e-retailers release in pdf, but if you want to read on your computer, I recommend calibre. It is an e-book management and conversion program available for free for all OS' and will read/convert to all major e-book formats including PDF.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning to rent a table for MWCon this year and sell signed copies of my book Spiral War: On Daggers Wings. I will be selling them at the list price of $18. Since Exo will be there and he did the cover artwork, people may also be able to convince him to sign the cover as well. What I am trying to gauge now is how many copies to bring to the convention. Any interested parties, who will be in attendance, please post that interest here.

See you all at MWCon.

• 2 weeks later...

My first attempt at doing a video/youtube ad for Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings.

Thoughts?

Also I need to make a decision before 12-September regarding getting a table at MWCon, would any members be interested in getting a signed copy of On Dagger's Wings there?

• 8 months later...
Looking for Beta Readers.

Book-2-mockup-tov-13.png

Spiral War: In Death's Shadow

The second volume in the continuing Spiral War saga. Still reeling from the attack on their academy that cost the Monstero Nach their squadron commander, they proceed into Special Operations training. There they come under the tutelage of the menacing Tadeh Qudas, a fearsome Telshin warrior. Their instruction will be fraught with danger and not all of them will make it through. Worse yet, the attention of a long dead cult of Energy Gatherers, the Electrolites, resurrects a ghost from Blazer's family's past that threatens them all. Forces all around the Blade Force tear at them as they proceed, endangering their lives, loves, and the Confederation itself. Only their training can save them, but will that training be enough?

Ideally I would like two camps of Beta Readers for this. Those that have read Book 1, and those who have not. I will have some specific questions for the Beta team about how to deal with certain story elements. If interested please PM or e-mail me @ sprialwar@gmail.com with your preferred format: mobi, epub, pdf, rtf, etc...

All Beta readers will receive complementary copies of the book, and book 1. I am also willing to exchange Beta Reading services.