That term doesn't bode well in my opinion. Most black comedies are comedic in my opinion.

It bodes well in mine. It's a nice change of pace from the constant flow of unfunny crap like "A Millions Ways to Die in the West" and "22 Jump Street."

It bodes well in mine. It's a nice change of pace from the constant flow of unfunny crap like "A Millions Ways to Die in the West" and "22 Jump Street."

I can agree with a Million ways, but if you didn't find 22 jump street funny, frankly I'm not sure your even Human.

Edited by skullmilitia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Golden globe nominations :

Best screenplay- Alejandro & Co.

Best director- Alejandro .

Best motion picture- musical or comedy.

Best actor- Michael Keaton.

Best supporting actor- Edward Norton.

Best supporting actress- Emma Stone.

.....Go Mr Keaton!!!'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the only movie I liked recently more than Birdman was Whiplash, my main question is when is Keaton giving us another Beetlejuice?

Good question. I remember first seeing Michael Keaton in Ron Howard's Night Shift (yes, I'm that old) and really enjoyed his movies back in the 1980s but his career went into a nose dive after Batman Returns. I don't get what happened to him, bad agent perhaps? Anyways, I hadn't seen Birdman yet but I'm glad he is making a comeback of sorts. Another Ron Howard classic starring Michael Keaton is Gung Ho.

On a side note I did want to see Birdman last week but only had time for one film and that was American Sniper. Great movie and I'm surprised we don't have a thread on it, should I start one??

Edited by TangledThorns

Well, I'm not putting it in my top 5 or 10 all time, but yeah, I agree with A LOT of what he says here.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie and the cast was superb, Michael Keaton is such a great actor, Ed Norton was awesome!

The only real issue I had about the movie as I knew next to nothing about it based only on the trailers, I thought Keaton's character was going to go from being a washed up Broadway actor and return as Birdman, maybe use those super powers, fight some evil, save the day, etc. I enjoyed the film and story that was presented & the way it was filmed, its just not exactly what I expected as the Super Hero part never really happened.

Good question. I remember first seeing Michael Keaton in Ron Howard's Night Shift (yes, I'm that old) and really enjoyed his movies back in the 1980s but his career went into a nose dive after Batman Returns. I don't get what happened to him, bad agent perhaps? Anyways, I hadn't seen Birdman yet but I'm glad he is making a comeback of sorts. Another Ron Howard classic starring Michael Keaton is Gung Ho.

On a side note I did want to see Birdman last week but only had time for one film and that was American Sniper. Great movie and I'm surprised we don't have a thread on it, should I start one??

Dat Shelly Long ass.

I lasted 20 minutes into this flick. We had just finished watching "A million ways to die in the west", though, so maybe that was a factor.

I was surprised to see "The Interview" on Netflix. Great movie for nights spent in the nothing zone.

• 4 weeks later...