FINALLY, got to watch this movie.

I really enjoyed it.

But GEEZ DISNEY!

I know you have a rep of killing off parents in your films or having them not be present in the main character's life (Andy in Toy Story).

But HOLY CRAP!

Is Hiro's super-power having everyone around him DIE?!

The kid's parents died, then you kill his brother, and then you kinda, sorta kill off the original Baymax.

I'm surprised Disney didn't find a way to kill off Mochi, the pet cat, too. . . just for the hell of it.

Yeesh.

I think if all the Disney characters (excluding the recently acquired Marvel heroes) ever have a proverbial pissing contest about who has the saddest backstory, Hiro will beat everyone out.

But overall, I still liked the film and was glad they showed Hiro getting out of his brooding funk.

Don't worry Mog, Tadashii will be back... in a bad way. :lol:

http://www.movienewsguide.com/big-hero-7-movie-tadashi-alive-plays-villain-stan-lee-confirms-sequel/62242

Still not 100% confirmed but finding out that Tadashii will be back as a villain(?) kinda ruin the magic on the first one. That's the drive of making Hiro a hero. But bringing back Tadashii as a villain, kinda not ok. By the way, is that how it goes in the comic books? :huh:

By the way, derex, that's a cool Baymax toy. Reminds me of Stay Puft. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

I really hope they don't go the Racer X angle with Tadashi.

Or the villian angle.

Or the amnesia angle.

It'll preserve the original story if he

stays dead like Bucky Barnes. . . Jason Todd. . . Ben Parker.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

There you go. 

Oh, I'm aware, but it shouldn't need to look that cheap, style wise, to be cost effective.  Everything they're producing, or are about to release, has this godawful style:  Tangled, Hotel Transylvania, Forces of Destiny, the upcoming Duck Tales, BH6, etc.; and it's not just Disney either, CN, Nickelodeon, and others, are just as equally guilty.  Now, I know these programs are almost exclusively targeted at children who couldn't care less about the quality of the animation (It's all about the colors and frenetic pace), but still...

But it's been like that for ages, now. US animation is not what it used to be. It's been reduced to simpler drawings and cheap animation techniques.  You won't get anything like the 80s or 90s animation, with shows like Thundercats, Silverhawks, TMNT, X-Men, just to name a few, which may noy have been perfect, but at least had decent character designs and more attention to detail when it comes to characters movement and background designs.

There have been gems in the midst of all the goat droppings, though... anything from Marvel Studios, for example, or the Avatar Series; and it's not like 80s and 90s American animation haven't had glaring faults:  The 80s were notorious for stilted animation and even more wooden dialogue; the 90s had some pretty bad forays with animation styles too numerous to mention.  But I've been noticing this particular Shockwave Flash-esque style more and more in the past few years; it's over-saturation, and I find it disappointing... I guess I've just reached my limit of being able to overlook it.

Thundercats, Silverhawks, and the like weren't made by American animation studios as I recall, but by French/Canadian and Asian animators. They may get have been commissioned to do so by American networks, but I don't think the USA touched a cel.