Monsutārobotto

MechTech

Hey fellow Macross Worlders! As many of you know, I switched from 1/200th scale to 1/350th scale because of how hard it was to get “extras” like aircraft and armor in 1/200th scale. Plus the price was high since many were collector’s items. So I switched to 1/350th scale and solved all those problems in just a few model kit purchases! Plus, more of our own members are making 1/350th kits of some awesome, long awaited subjects:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40821&page=7

Other kits in this scale soon to be released are the Valk, Spartan, and Regult. All have some sort of MechTech mechanical gimmick or extras. A 1/350th Daedalus is planned on towards the end of the year if all goes well.

After starting this project last year in February during the cold weather (couldn’t paint the Daedalus) and waiting for the right time to release, here are photos of the completed 1/350th “Monsutārobotto” masters for casting with some background on the kit and why certain things were done. The buildup will be posted later in "The Workshop" threads.

ACCURACY

Scaled line art drawings were glued to the plastic stock whenever possible to ensure accuracy while machining and that all the parts fit properly when complete. Then each assembly was meticulously compared to the plan line art (copy of the same drawings) to double check accuracy. Yes, I had to work through some “anime magic” since drawings had contradictions.

GIMMICKS

Fix him Ratchet! - As my name implies, I’m all about the mechanics. The hip and shoulder joints are built with ratchets in them to allow you to pose your model and make it stay there.

Pick a card - The rear spade is fully functional and the complete detailed set of “guts” in the rear module is included.

The squats - Just as the line art shows, the kit’s legs can squat and are articulated in the same joint areas as the line art.

Athlete’s foot – The toes and heels of the feet are articulated, in case you wanna depict yours stomping on something (like a Regult ;^) or just displaying it with a foot up showing off the tread pattern.

Get loaded – the rear loading hatches can be built hinged or glued shut for dioramas.

Who’s driving? – Yes, the cockpit is an option you can build open, with raised commander’s seat. Most 1/350th scale model figures fit the cockpit.

Rounds for everybody – a simple cart with various projectiles are included for fun.

PLEASE NOTE: the canon barrels will be in resin, but molded to minimize seams - because we all hate sanding ;)

EASY PAINT

Most of us hate sanding down seems and masking for paint can be just as laborious. So most parts are made to be painted and then snapped in place or glued without masking.

DECALS

Because most of the Monsutārobotto’s markings are white, I had to bypass decal printing for now, but I’m searching for someone who can do it at an affordable price.

PHOTO DISCLAIMER

Photos were taken VERY close up in most cases. This causes long lines like canon barrels and the arms to warp slightly – either that or you had too much to drink depending on what you’re looking at.

Special thanks to EXO for “duplicating” some parts in a couple of photos so you can see what one looks like “assembled” before paint.

PURCHASE

This kit is being sold for the extremely fair price of about $45.00 (USD) plus shipping. I don’t have the capability to cast at the moment so Tundrayeti has the production reigns and is already on it. The advantage to you is that you can meet him at Wonderfest and buy one in person! Production is geared for Wonder Fest at the moment. You can PM him and order one after Wonder Fest if you can’t make it there. For those of you living under a rock, Yeti will be here: http://www.wonderfest.com/ .

As always, questions and comments are welcome! - MT

post-2518-0-90293700-1400802689_thumb.png

post-2518-0-97494600-1400802711_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-32565100-1400802727_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-33533600-1400802785_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-80558100-1400802797_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-53999800-1400802899_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-33905300-1400802963_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-33596100-1400803000_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-83378600-1400803135_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-10019800-1400803162_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-72469400-1400803226_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-04930500-1400803250_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-62246100-1400803306_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

You mentioned a Daedlus I was just looking for possible add on pieces to turn the correct proportions of pink board 2 inch thick into an ARMD platform. A thought is if you made the bits that thrust forward in the front and bottom you could sell for a reasonable, well reasonable for a huge model the pieces to make your own.

Pete

Thank you guys very much for the compliments! The masters are out for casting with Tundrayeti, so the best can comparison I could do was a can on the drawings (the model was built exactly to the drawings as stated earlier). The can is aligned on the same line as the foot (the photo perspective is deceiving). About half a can high. All the other views on the drawing are to scale as well. Yes, 6.5 cm tall.

The 1/350th Daedalus kit design so far is to have vacu-fomed pieces that are CNC cut and engraved - the next best thing to an injection molded kit. It will be big enough to put motors and an R/C unit in. The plan is to also have an option kit with motorized goodies like the main hatch, ramp and maybe elevators and cranes. Most of the same stuff as the 1/200th build - as space, technology, and practicality allows. - MT

post-2518-0-02966500-1400875154_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

Thank you guys! Yeti STILL has to cast mine after WF, so don't worry. I'm sure as long as there's demand, he'll hook us up.

I thought of doing a Mk1, but in reality, WAAAAAaaaay TOOOoooo big too stick on a carrier (go anime magic!). I want to build an Asuka carrier too. When I get my kits, I'll stick one on a Nimitz class carrier so you guys can see (you know I HAD to get one already). The Mk1 won't even fit on the elevator (which it mysteriously goes up on in the movie). - MT

They will be available for order after. I'm taking 10 if these with me to wonderfest for their debut. Along with all the other kits we have going. Guys if I don't answer your pm's right away keep in mind who's making all this and let me cast. I promise once all of these are done I'll start taking orders. Got a lot on my plate right now and I'm on schedule and chugging away so please be patient. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you for sharing the printing. You're the private shapeways:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't know if I should be offended or not???

didn't mean any harm just grateful for offering to print for MW guys!

Lol non taken. I've tried shapeways before. Better to own your own printers. You control the quality and speed of the end product. Shapeways has some tech jockey that just spits out prints and doesn't care about the end result. Had some bad experiences with shapeways. Inside joke.

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh cool! on the outside thought i might've seemed ungrateful. i'm thinking about getting a Form 1 myself and lending it to EXO to help him get his projects out faster. but I think i'm more excited than he is. lol

• 5 months later...

Thank you for your interest! The kits will hopefully come out end of December or January. There's been various delays. Since your message is here, I'll contact you when available.-MT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for your interest! The kits will hopefully come out end of December or January. There's been various delays. Since your message is here, I'll contact you when available.-MT

Hey ManTech, I was wondering / hoping on any update on this? I'm still very interested. Hope you recovered well after your surgery.

Thanks!

Thanks Ultimateone for the interest! Yeti has been busy at school and delayed with the casting. He's done with school so we should see some parts soon. I WILL notify ALL interested persons on this thread when we can begin delivering. I'll give him a good guilt trip too ;) - MT