Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

just got mine today, I gotta say, Im not diggin the super glossy pearl color. To me it makes it look like a cheaper plastic. after tranforming it I gotta say I prefer the darker versiona lot more. except that its broken.so i guess this one is better cause the transformation was smooth and nothing broke. still very happy I have it, bu tmy dream would be for all bandai toys to be done in the same matte finish as the yf-30 chronos. That guy has become one of my favorites.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the triangles are not made out of the same plastic as the VF-171CF. this plastic is less glossy, and has more texture.

I think they fixed the plastic.

I agree. Plastic does look different. Be nice if they ran extras to replace the CF's.

Mine came today, nice and shiny and smooth... super stiff on the hips.

I don't have pics because I can't find my camera. :/ But it's all good - except that one of the breastplate flaps is missing! That's not worth trying to exchange it in my opinion, but if anyone ends up with an extra, please think of me!

Mine came today, nice and shiny and smooth... super stiff on the hips.

I don't have pics because I can't find my camera. :/ But it's all good - except that one of the breastplate flaps is missing! That's not worth trying to exchange it in my opinion, but if anyone ends up with an extra, please think of me!

which side is it? i might be able to help.

I think the Ghosts are Luca's regular Ghosts. I don't have a screen grab but at episode 24 around the 10:58 mark after Luca visits Nanase you can see the ghosts in the background. The only difference that I can see is the green lining looks black to me but could be due to low image quality. Also, the ghosts on the front cover of the instructions manual also have the green lining although it's really faint and hard to see although the Ghost on the top of the page has a slightly different looking antenna(black part goes all the way to the red tip). I hope I'm wrong and they do issue a set though.

Edited by wmkjr

Got my RVF-171EX today. I meant to take some pics but only got to take some before the battery in my camera died so now I'm recharging it.

Overall, it's not as bad as I thought. The green color could use some lightening. You can at least take the ventral antenna fin off. The box pics show the antenna facing one way, but I found if you turn it 180 the other way, it feels like it fits better.

Battroid without fin:

RVF171EX_B_01.jpg

Profile comparison with and without fin:

RVF171EX_B_02.jpg

RVF171EX_B_03.jpg

With CF colored super parts:

RVF171EX_B_04.jpg

Nope, it's the other side. Sorry, I tried!

I still appreciate the offer!

Overall, it's not as bad as I thought. The green color could use some lightening. You can at least take the ventral antenna fin off.

I find the green looks quite good next to my 1/48 Kakizaki. And yeah, I took the ventral fin off, too - I'm not a stickler for show accurate, and it looks so much better without it.

Got mine too, and it seems ok. Was a pain getting the battroid mode stand adapter to stay on. You get a gun but you can't stow it anywhere.

Also, judging by the amount of pics of it with the ghosts, I think it's a certainty that they are coming.

This is page one in the instruction book...

post-29332-0-07893900-1415459600_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Old Man

Yes mate, no problem at all at the moment. It depends on the wear on the adapters as some of my yeti yamato adapters are a bit loose now from all the rearranging. By loose I mean how tight the fit is between the yeti adapter and the one that comes with the Valk. For example, I couldn't do that shot with the inverted YF-19 that you did as the Valk would fall off the yeti.

The Bandai adapters are really tight though, so it is not going anywhere. :)

Ps. I should have reconfigured the stand for gerwalk so it didn't have the elbow in front but I couldn't be arsed lol.

Actually, that's still a light green on my screen. It's just the lighting makes the green look a lot more faded as the light source is showing and reflecting directly off the surface. Here is the same ghost a second or two before that shot.

post-10222-0-78619300-1415496532_thumb.jpg

You can see it's the normal colors of the ghosts Luca uses.

I'm still not convinced. They may not be the same ghosts, but the colors are still the same to me.

Here's a comparison:

ghost%2520compare.jpg

Alright so they are the same color, but not the same triplets. So Bandai can still do it, since there were technically two different sets of Ghosts on the battle field.

As far as I know, he doesn't call them by name while he's using the 171. I think it's likely they are still Simon, John and Peter and Luca can just transfer the AI's, like how Grace can be transferred to a new body, to other ghost frames which he would have had to do with Peter which was destroyed by a de-folding Vajra ship in Ep 7. Or he just gives the designations to whatever three ghosts he's working with. I suspect the former though since he mentions removing the yoke from the AI and references the Sharon Apple incident at Macross City and some potentially dangerous AI probably wouldn't be installed in common ghost units.

thanks, MJ! the ai transferring thing does sound more plausible than the preserved designations (version control blasphemy)!

i see that the rvf-171's added to your backlog now! looking forward to seeing it, as well as your other projects!