Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

I am wondering if they will release a ghost set with the armor parts. I kinda hope that's the case, I already have 3x of the CF armor parts, but they are for the 3x CF-171's I have now. I would hate to buy another set then they announce a proper setup for this release.

so.... It has been confirmed the triangles are safe? :unsure:

Only time will tell, it takes a while for them to start cracking.

Luca firing weapons?!?! I think Basara fired more missiles off than Luca ever did :p

Thanks for sharing the pic though, I am still waiting for my shipment to come in.

It's not about the imaginary realism......it's about the imaginary awesomeness of it! It's a hulking valk; loaded for bear! :D

Both of mine showed up today (Happy belated Birthday to me!) The additional weight from the dish and fin does make posing in gerwalk a tad bit difficult. I'd take some photos of Fighter and Gerwalk (I hate the half-assed way they handled Battroid here so I won't ever transform that far) but this weekend is extremely busy and I'm heading out the door for the evening.

Is anyone willing to do a video, or take detailed annotated photos of the stand contraption and how it connects to the valk?

Especially how we can avoid the "walkers"

Heh.. suddenly, I'm remembering the bit from Forest Gump about "magic legs." :lol:

I'm planning on doing a thorough investigation into the parts on mine when they arrive, just to look for cracks and such. I might never even attach the dish at all, just so they match my Alto, and make a nice 3-ship group. :)

Heh.. suddenly, I'm remembering the bit from Forest Gump about "magic legs." :lol:

I'm planning on doing a thorough investigation into the parts on mine when they arrive, just to look for cracks and such. I might never even attach the dish at all, just so they match my Alto, and make a nice 3-ship group. :)

Unfortunately there's a bit of an additional bump on the back of the fighter where the Dish attaches to. It's not just flat, like the Alto version, with some peg holes. Part of the base of the Dish is attached to the back of the Valk. I haven't tried to remove that part yet but it looks attached to me. Plus there's some additional holes for the rest of the dish to plug in to. So it's not quite like the Alto but it works okay.

Eh, just as long as I can remove it to make the fighter mode a bit less ungainly, I'm good. :)

Picked up my pair a few minutes ago, only opened one so far, been going over it with a fine-toothed comb.

So far, no explosions, but the right knee joint definitely has a hairline fracture forming along a pour-line in the plastic. Bandai just needs to ditch their stupid metallic plastic, and get something that'll not explode. <_< Knee isn't loose at least, but I don't plan on transforming it much. The strain on the knee joints from going between gerwalk and fighter will be sure to destroy it eventually.

Black triangles look ok, but there's definitely some bending going on in the pieces, and the lower half of the NUNS triangle looks warped.

I'm pretty sure what's going on is that their ham-fisted assembly gorillas have been over-tightening the screws before jamming the pieces over the metal shoulder joint. Loosening that screw relieves some of the pressure, and might keep your pieces intact a little longer.

Another thing I'm actually very glad they missed.. they completely forgot to glue one of my shoulder covers together, and they managed to strip out the screw on top of it, so I've got easy access to the entire shoulder, without having to break or stress anything. I might go buy myself a caliper to see about duplicating the parts in CAD for the purposes of making more.

The lower triangles, I can't really even begin to tell if they're going to shatter. They're just two pieces of plastic held together by a spring pin, so you have to wonder if any little scratch on the plastic is actually the start of a crack. :huh:

Edited by Chronocidal

Got mine today. Just had to set one of them up; I bought the VF-171 CF Armored parts just for this! I snapped a quick cellphone pic, though I'll break out the DSLR over the weekend.

Looks great! hmmm makes me think maybe I should get me one of these! I don't have any 171 at all so this might cause a problem if I end up wanted to collect them all! :o

I might go buy myself a caliper to see about duplicating the part in CAD for the purposes of making more.

You do that, and I can't help but think you're going to get a lot of people clamouring for them. My 171 is in the box, because I'm afraid of it. Replace the triangle pieces and I'm a happy man, with something I won't worry about getting out and playing with.

Edited by mickyg

Just in case anyone's wondering. It's front heavy like this but is still secure on my valk:

DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK! (the antenna has little spikes that look fragile).

No walkers.

post-7577-0-84299400-1414806843_thumb.jpg

On the Yetistand. Just gotta get rid of the bulky front part of the bracket:

post-7577-0-28797800-1414806826_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-13065600-1414806861_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-79593100-1414808272_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-21664400-1414808326_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Nice pics!

I've decided to keep mine boxed (well, once it arrives) - for one I don't have the room to display it and two it's not that appealing a design for me to box something up to make space (like the RVF-25 or Alto's 171EX or anything else).

-b.

No problem, been wondering if it could do that so I just posted some pics. It's front heavy, but not so much that it'll come off the stands. The Bandai DX adapter is pretty snug for the YS so I won't even bother worrying. The Generic Bandai stand will also hold it but it has a little droop from the weight and if you bump it, it'll shake side to side but not come off the stand to adapter part. Also, if you hold the valk and pull up it detaches off the stand instantly ( I can cup the valk and lift it up to take it off) whereas the DX adapter is in tight.

Edited by wmkjr

Especially how we can avoid the "walkers"

I was binge watching season 4 of Walking Dead recently and it caused me to be confused by your comment for a little while until I realized you were talking about the stand. :p

Just in case anyone's wondering. It's front heavy like this but is still secure on my valk:

Do so at your own risk (the antenna has little spikes that look fragile)!

Nice. At least it can still be displayed without the extra stand legs if one should choose to.

No problem, been wondering if it could do that so I just posted some pics. It's front heavy, but not so much that it'll come off the stands. The Bandai DX adapter is pretty snug for the YS so I won't even bother worrying. The Generic Bandai stand will also hold it but it has a little droop from the weight and if you bump it, it'll shake side to side but not come off the stand to adapter part. Also, if you hold the valk and pull up it detaches off the stand instantly ( I can cup the valk and lift it up to take it off) whereas the DX adapter is in tight.

Do you think a new YetiStand adapter is needed? Maybe something that integrates with the RVF-171EX bandai stand adapter more completely?