VF-4S Lightning III Miriya Jenius version anyone?

YF-29 Durandal

36 members have voted

1. 1. Arcadia to make the VF-4S Miriya Jenius version?

• Yes
    • No

Pic for reference?

Theres no pictures on this since it doesn't exist in any anime but logically this is what Miriya would have piloted in the period after SDFM and DYRL but think of it as a red VF-4G with a different head that also has a single head laser.

Theres no pictures on this since it doesn't exist in any anime but logically this is what Miriya would have piloted in the period after SDFM and DYRL but think of it as a red VF-4G with a different head that also has a single head laser.

Have you heard of the game Macross M3? It takes place between the end of SDFM (Flashback 2012) and Macross Plus. In it, Miria pilots a red VF-4G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gerwalk_w/4580191601/sizes/z/

Have you heard of the game Macross M3? It takes place between the end of SDFM (Flashback 2012) and Macross Plus. In it, Miria pilots a red VF-4G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gerwalk_w/4580191601/sizes/z/

The S version would look even better an yeah I know of that game but it's pretty obscure don't you think?

The S version would look even better an yeah I know of that game but it's pretty obscure don't you think?

The game isn't really obscure... it's one of the few games that have been adopted in the official Macross series chronology, with Macross Digital Mission VF-X, Macross VF-X2, and now apparently Macross 30.

Also... given what we know of the main Macross timeline's VF-4, the canon VF-4S would likely not look any different from other VF-4 variants (except the VF-4G). The only real change to occur (externally) is the weapons mounted to the arms.

Is there a point to voting for something that doesn't exist anywhere at all? People are still clamoring for toys that actually appeared in the anime.

Just as a point of order... the VF-4S does exist. Twice. We just don't know if Milia ever piloted one. As it was a UN Navy plane, she probably never did.

The "first" VF-4S was the VF-4S Siren which appeared in the Macross II-verse's canon PC Engine game Macross: Eternal Love Song in '92. It had a different transformation from the main timeline's VF-4, because it predates Kawamori's presentation of the completed VF-4 transformation, and had a head almost identical to that of the VF-1SR Attack Valkyrie that appeared in the first Macross II tie-in game: Macross 2036. It was flown by the player character (Hayato Kiryu) during the UN Spacy's counterattack against the Zentradi Burado main fleet in 2037 and featured a bunch of new tech like a beam rifle (which looks suspiciously like the Zeta Gundam's) and funnels (yes, like in Gundam).

The main Macross timeline's VF-4S Lightning III (not Thunderbolt, that's the VF-11!) is one of those "we almost never see this thing" variants that was previously a backstory-only VF. The VF-4S is described as being an atmospheric-service only variant built specifically for the UN Navy. The only time we've actually seen a VF-4S was the even more cut-down VF-4SL Lightning III that had had its weapons removed and been customized for air racing in 2058, appearing in Macross the Ride.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

So as cool as obscure Valks are, I'm gonna have to vote a "No" on this one.

-b.

lol, basically if it was the one we actually see, you could achieve the same thing by tearing the arms off a regular VF-4.

Ah ok... I thought that the VF-4S was a high-performance version like the VF-1S and it should be just like that.

Seriously whats the point in having an atmosphere only and carrier based VF-4 when it's all about space in the Macross universe after SDFM/DYRL?

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Ah ok... I thought that the VF-4S was a high-performance version like the VF-1S and it should be just like that.

Only a couple of VFs actually do that... there are just as many that don't even have a -S variant.

Seriously whats the point in having an atmosphere only and carrier based VF-4 when it's all about space in the Macross universe after SDFM/DYRL?

Planetary defense doesn't stop at the Karman line, y'know... and Earth did have a fair number of potentially violent Zentradi living on its surface, and the inevitable did happen more than once.

I voted yes, mainly just for the idea of a Milia VF-4. But not the M3 version, that was hideous. (which is surprising, since her M3 VF-11 looks awesome, even better than her M7 VF-11).

The VF-4's had the worst color schemes out of all the M3 valks. Most looked awesome, but the VF-4 was ugly and the VF-5000 was bland.

I'd say the M3 version is better straight-up compared to M7. It has a more 'exciting' look with more white breaking it up. As for the VF-4 Miria...eh. I'd love M&M VF-11 toys though, and I'd jump on a VF-4 Hikaru (or a VF-4G if I ever find one at a not ludicrous price which I know isn't likely unless we get an Arcadia reissue).

And the topic title still drives me crazy since the Thunderbolt (the actual one, the VF-11) is one of my favorite grunt mecha out there.

VF-0S, VF-1S, VF-17S, VF-19S, VF-22S, VF-25S... that's more than just a couple. ;)

Less than you'd think, actually... the majority of VFs don't indulge in that particular practice, both in terms of the number of VF models and the total number of VFs out there in-universe. The VF-1 is the only one of the UN Spacy's main variable fighters in Macross's main timeline that actually indulged in that practice.

The VF-22S doesn't fit the pattern because the -S was the ONLY general production variant (the letterless VF-22 was a trial production model), and that was a limited production plane. The VF-0, VF-17, and VF-19 were all limited production fighters because they were test units, special forces units, or bounced from main VF status for various reasons (respectively). As of 2059, the New UN Spacy hasn't even adopted the VF-25 yet, since it's in low rate initial production and evaluation.

The VF-1's successors, the VF-4, VF-5000, VF-11, and VF-171 don't indulge in that practice. Nor, for that matter, do many secondary VFs like the VF-9, VF-14, VA-3, VA-110, VB-6, VF-27, etc. Likewise, Macross II initially rolls with this idea, but it quickly tosses it after the VF-1 platform is retired, when -S variants like the VF-4S and VF-2SS ended up the default unit for everyone.

I would rather see this version:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37606

The VF-4G Lightning III version is too monotone:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vf-4g.htm

*impressed whistle* Very nice.

Easy----VF-4J, with twin lasers.

Yeah, if the -S variant really is a downgrade then call it the VF-4J. :)

Seto Kaiba... in my mind the -S still stands for the model that the aces fly.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Hmm, I see strengths and weaknesses in both of those schemes.

The M3 is what Bandai would go for, but they would also make sure they include some green and yellow paint lines somewhere because only blue on red is never enough. The M7 is what Arcadia would choose.

Yeah, if the -S variant really is a downgrade then call it the VF-4J. :)

Seto Kaiba... in my mind the -S still stands for the model that the aces fly.

But the -J type of the VF-1S was also a partial upgrade over the stock unit... so that makes no sense.

"In your mind" and "In actuality" may not necessarily be the same thing. In this case, definitely not... -S variants being issued to "elite" pilots is a comparative rarity, not the rule. The toy companies are gonna make toys based on designs that already exist, for the most part, so if they were gonna do a Milia VF-4 it'd be her VF-4G from Macross M3, which is still damn nice.

Any love for the VF-4 from the toy companies is a good thing.

A Millia and a Max just like this would be perfect (along with that FB scheme as well.)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40390

Ooh, I really like how the white on the tailfins is done on that Max. It's not directly copying the VF-1J scheme, it's tweaked just enough to "fit" the VF-4 better.

Ooh, I really like how the white on the tailfins is done on that Max. It's not directly copying the VF-1J scheme, it's tweaked just enough to "fit" the VF-4 better.

I REALLY want an Arcadia VF-4 in that scheme. Though, I do think I'd add a bit more color to it. Possibly white on the leading edge of the forward canards and color the panels near the stabilizers on the legs either white or a different shade of blue just to break up the fact the bottom half in Battroid will wind up being solid blue otherwise. Maybe white around the intakes instead of the panels near the stabilizers instead.