1/48 dead?

RCB

I believe the reason was the cost only imagine the others size valks (the most are bigger than vf 1 in fact correct me if I wrong is the smallest) in 1/48 surely they would look amazing but with the present economy the price easily twice than 1/60 which in itself are quite expensive

There was only suppose to be the 3 intitial VF-1 1/48s from Yamato. I think only the VF-1 has the ability to draw in that many sales because there's really not that much difference between one aside from the head and paint scheme unless you start getting into the 2 seaters. I can see them milking a new 1/48 mold once they exhausted the 1/60 mold, whenever that could possibly be.

There was only suppose to be the 3 intitial VF-1 1/48s from Yamato. I think only the VF-1 has the ability to draw in that many sales because there's really not that much difference between one aside from the head and paint scheme unless you start getting into the 2 seaters. I can see them milking a new 1/48 mold once they exhausted the 1/60 mold, whenever that could possibly be.

Possible, but I think it will be too cost prohibitive. Especially if it"s a new mold Arcadia would want, or need, to recoup costs on.

-b.

It's the same size as most of their other and a lot more milkable. The only downside would be that it would compete with the 1/60 line plus a second license for the VF-1's. I think that would probably be the downside...

$800 1/32s??? :lol:

I was thinking 1/32 too... If they really want to "go big" and have an all-new "premium, high-end iconic VF-1"---a 1/48 re-hash may not be enough. Or, since 1/60 isn't really used by anything else but valks, there's no need to do a "standard" scale---could do something like 1/40 so it's not QUITE so big/expensive, but still noticeably larger than the 1/48.

1/35 is certainly an option, that's tank/diorama/heli scale. And also still not *quite* so big as 1/32.

:;edit::: 1/43 scale? Then you can have car dioramas etc for a sense of scale. Tons of 1/43 vehicles out there.

If anyone's got a 1/32 F/A-18 Hornet, that's about how big a 1/32 VF-1 would be. And trust me, that is a LOT of plastic and shelf space! I should photograph some of its parts next to some valks just to show people...

I'd love to see a Chogokin valk, with lots of metal, a deluxe size and detail. Opening panels, little missiles.

Like a fewture version, but not stylized.

Something that really costs $350-500 bucks for a reason :D

Edited by Gakken85

I'd love to see a Chogokin valk, with lots of metal, a deluxe size and detail.

Something that really costs 350 bucks for a reason :D

Ha! But it'd probably retail for $ 500.

It's all good to dream big, but when the SRP get's announced it'll be nothing but fire and pitchforks around here.

-b.

1/48 YF-19. Drool. That would be awesome. I've got 5 1/48s and love the size and heft. They are great collection pieces. I picked them up instead of messing with trying to get the right v2 1/60 versions during the panic buy. The prices were so much better and easier to pick up. I was absolutely impressed with the Urban GBP. It just looks so great and big.

I'd love to see a Chogokin valk, with lots of metal, a deluxe size and detail. Opening panels, little missiles.

Like a fewture version, but not stylized.

Something that really costs $350-500 bucks for a reason :D

Bandai does have the DX Soul of chogokin line that Mazinger was released in. (I do envy those who actually like that design. I hate it) That was really impressive.

The 1/48's make for great display pieces no doubt about it. That's why every single one of mine are on display, as oppose to most of my 1/60 V2 that are still in their boxes tucked away in storage someplace. I would definitely buy a V2 1/48 if Arcadia were to release them, but what are the chances, right?

The 1/48's make for great display pieces no doubt about it. That's why every single one of mine are on display, as oppose to most of my 1/60 V2 that are still in their boxes tucked away in storage someplace. I would definitely buy a V2 1/48 if Arcadia were to release them, but what are the chances, right?

Well, there must be a reason why they stopped making them.

Well, there must be a reason why they stopped making them.

*Points to signature* Namely the link that takes you to this post :

Yes it's true. Yes, it's perfect transformation. Yes, it has been engineered from the start to allow for 2 seaters.

Yamato want's to have all their perfect transformation toys in 160 scale.

Improvements over 1/48 include shorter nose cone in battroid mode (uses VF-0 type transformation), non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48.

No moving flaps or removeable nose cone, but it does have some other interesting gimmicks.

I'll post clearer magazine scans in about an hour.

Graham

Edited by Kyp Durron

Cue music. Let it go, let it gooo, let it goooooooo, let it go.... :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse..... :D

It shall forever lived in this community.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

*Points to signature* Namely the link that takes you to this post :

but but but... Yamato went out of business. They're Arcadia now

Edited by anime52k8