So, how many of you had the Dead Kennedy's Frankenchrist album "Penis Landscape" poster? (Wikipedia link, but features the artwork. Look at your own risk). Had to special order it if you had the CD (like me). Don't think I have it anymore.

So sad that yet another genre legend passes. It's the strangest thing to think of how I loved this man's work so much and yet it was so hideous that it terrified me to the core. I think H.R. Giger may be the first exposure I had to the idea that horror and tragedy could be artistic and incredibly beautiful. A somber farewell to the master of the grotesquely exquisite.

I just saw the "Jodorowsky's Dune" this weekend and Giger was part of that elite team that J put together which Ridley Scott eventually absconded with to make Alien. Everyone should check it out. Almost that whole team that consisted of Dan O'Bannon, Salvador Dali, Jean Giraud AKA Moebius, HR Giger and Chris Foss has passed. It has tons of images that mdern sci-fi eventually used for their films, mostly Alien and Prometheus. It's out on limited release for now but everyone interested in Alien and Prometheus should check it out. It also dedicates a small portion to Giger and the genius that he was.

RIP HR.

His designs scared the crap out of me as a kid. I’m very thankful for that. R.I.P.

I just saw the "Jodorowsky's Dune" this weekend and Giger was part of that elite team that J put together which Ridley Scott eventually absconded with to make Alien. Everyone should check it out. Almost that whole team that consisted of Dan O'Bannon, Salvador Dali, Jean Giraud AKA Moebius, HR Giger and Chris Foss has passed. It has tons of images that mdern sci-fi eventually used for their films, mostly Alien and Prometheus. It's out on limited release for now but everyone interested in Alien and Prometheus should check it out. It also dedicates a small portion to Giger and the genius that he was.

RIP HR.

Didn't know about this documentary a bout the movie project. Hope I get to see it. I love Jodorowsky.

So sad that yet another genre legend passes. It's the strangest thing to think of how I loved this man's work so much and yet it was so hideous that it terrified me to the core. I think H.R. Giger may be the first exposure I had to the idea that horror and tragedy could be artistic and incredibly beautiful. A somber farewell to the master of the grotesquely exquisite.

Well said! I like to think that wherever he is.....satan has to call up to Giger and ask for advice for redecorating his lair....R.I.P. Sir.

Goodbye to the man that inspired one of the greatest science fiction/horror creatures ever conceived; your talent will be missed...