Latest completed build- SV-51 Nora Type

Jefuemon

Actually, I finished this last week, but my computer died, and couldn't get around to uploading the pics until now.

Heard horror stories about the decals on this one, but I never had any problems. Just kept Mr's Mark Softer and Setter close at hand.

post-12411-0-88964200-1399941462_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-66201800-1399941500_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-97461600-1399941520_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-02681800-1399941543_thumb.jpg

I had originally planned on having a standing Nora next to the plane, but unfortunately instead of carefully bending her, I broke her. Guess I should have use actual boiling water, and not just very hot water.

As usual, more can be seen here.

Excellent looking SV-51, you applied those decals perfectly, at first glance I thought you painted them on. B))

Now that would be a pain in the butt!!

I had no trouble at all with the decals on this. Kind of fun, actually. I actually had an easier time with this than I did on decaling Hasegawa's VF-25.

Very nice work, clean and very well painted. I have this on my shelf waiting to be painted, but sincerly, those decals..... I am affraid of them, also the colored styrene sucks, I don`t know how to start painting it.

Please share with us, how did you primed it? And what color you used for preshading? I saw a thread where they primed this bird in white, then used clear blue for preshading (yes, clear blue), then some light coats of the final paint.

Very nice work, clean and very well painted. I have this on my shelf waiting to be painted, but sincerly, those decals..... I am affraid of them, also the colored styrene sucks, I don`t know how to start painting it.

Please share with us, how did you primed it? And what color you used for preshading? I saw a thread where they primed this bird in white, then used clear blue for preshading (yes, clear blue), then some light coats of the final paint.

Nothing so technical. Primed using Mr. Surfacer 1000. Painted using some leftover Mr Color Gundam Red (2) (the darker color to Char'S Zaku II). Applied the decals using very hot water, Mr Mark Soft and Setter, and patience. Once I got all the big yellow decals set, I went over it with Promedeler's Wash. Finished off by doing the small decals.

Yes, it's a 1/72 scale. It's about as long as the 1/48 VF-1 kit. So, a 1/48 Zero line is probably looking at about the size of a 1/32 scale kit.