Snowpiercer

Set in a frozen future where humans are nearly extinct, the film follows the last few remaining survivors, who are now living on a globe-spanning super train, and divided into two fractions: the privileged and the deprived. But when it becomes too much to bear, Chris Evans finds himself leading a violent revolution against the ruling class, in which victory is solely determined by the ownership of the train's engine.

Based on a French graphic novel, "Snowpiercer" was directed by acclaimed South Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (The Host), who co-adapted the script with screenwriter Kelly Masterson (Before the Devil Knows You're Dead ). The film also stars Tilda Swinton, John Hurt, Jamie Bell, Ewen Bremner, Octavia Spencer, Ed Harris and veteran Korean star Song Kang-ho.

A failed global-warming experiment kills off most life on the planet. The final survivors board the SNOWPIERCER, a train that travels around the globe via a perpetual-motion engine. When cryptic messages incite the passengers to revolt, the train thrusts full-throttle towards disaster.

Snowpiercer stars Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton, Song Kang-ho, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, John Hurt, Ed Harris, Ewen Bremner, Alison Pill

Release: June 27th, 2014

*the above taken from ENI

Red Band Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bTExC9tYG-w

Considering the cast this looks like a good lazy-afternoon watch.

-b.

• 1 month later...

Yeah Ive got it on bluray, released overseas last year. Pretty good flick,Good concept and refreshing quirky watching to break up the usual vanilla hollywood releases.

Check it out if you like class warfare and bit obscure characters. :)

See: Avatar

That's exactly what I mean by cliche; although, I was thinking more along the lines or Elysium and The Day After Tomorrow, among others, for my dismissal of this movie's whole premise, a premise that come across as more of a Scifi movie of the week cheese fest than anything else.

I've been enjoying Korean films for almost 10 years now and I've actually seen several of Bong Joon-Ho's other films, most recently "Mother" (which was excellent). So I'm kinda curious to see his English language efforts in this new film. Review have been strong and the movie is making a ton of cash. Hope it's as good as advertised.

It was OK.. a good watch but nothing to write home about.

I've been enjoying Korean films for almost 10 years now and I've actually seen several of Bong Joon-Ho's other films, most recently "Mother" (which was excellent). So I'm kinda curious to see his English language efforts in this new film. Review have been strong and the movie is making a ton of cash. Hope it's as good as advertised.

Hmmmm....I'm still looking forward to seeing it, and I too hope it's as good as the "better" reviews have made it out to be.

Apparently there's no pleasing EXO.

-b.