Like all broadcast series made by major stuidos nowadays, it has some impressive looking potential and attractive production pieces hampered by the very nature of it being a broadcast series made by a major studio. Every time I see something like "Hannibal" or "Constantine" I'm always thinking; "Damn, wouldn't this be a great series if only it were done by FX/AMC/HBO" :)

Looks like it could be interesting, although I never read any of the Hellblazer books. I also kind of liked Constantine (sorry!). The synopsis I read made the show seem like it was going to be a lot like how Supernatural was (traveling around dispatching demons/monsters).

I would say depending on the time-slot this will give this 1/2 to 2 full seasons.

-b.

Yeah. I was disappointed by the NBC logo. When it began I was thinking it was a BBC series. But it does look better than the Constantine movie with Keanu, content-wise.

The movie wasn't bad, but it suffers from being a star vehicle rather than a direct interpretation.

I definitely like the cockney blond look of the Constantine character (reminds me a bit of Guy Pearce from Memento, sans accent) as it fits much better with the comics. And they do seem to be going for the irreverant dark humor of the character, which is good. But like I said, I'm not feeling the excitement so far.

I too liked the "Contsantine" movie more than I care to admit most of the time, but only as it's own thing and not really a Hellblazer adaptation.

Yeah. I was disappointed by the NBC logo. When it began I was thinking it was a BBC series. But it does look better than the Constantine movie with Keanu, content-wise.

The movie wasn't bad, but it suffers from being a star vehicle rather than a direct interpretation.

I saw the movie without knowing it was based on a comic book and I liked it. Having since read the comics, I still like the movie but I can see how it would bother people who where already fans of the books.

• 5 months later...