Saban's Power Rangers, in theaters March 24,2017

was at walmart picking up some stuff this morning and I stumbled across the toyline.....dear god they're hideous looking toys. The zords are HUGE looking, but the designs are awful to look at. And what ranger toys were there, very unappealing to borderline junk. There wasn't much there to look at though. I'm sure they'll go on clearance by summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well I saw it early this morning, I was the only one in the theater room. Felt to generic, lots of plot holes, poor effects, I was just there to see the cameo with JDF and Amy Joe. On the plus side I got some nifty lil limited edition card for being 154th of 500 to see the movie since yesterday. THAT says a lot....

16 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

well I saw it early this morning, I was the only one in the theater room. Felt to generic, lots of plot holes, poor effects, I was just there to see the cameo with JDF and Amy Joe. On the plus side I got some nifty lil limited edition card for being 154th of 500 to see the movie since yesterday. THAT says a lot....

154?  That is roughly 153 more than I expected.

It's atleast doing better than some of the other movies out right now except for B&TB....cause well, Disney. It's gone up 4% since I last saw the ratings last night that's at least a plus. But yeah I mean there are just some things that bug me that are forgotten...or poorly explored. Like all of these kids have problems that make them trouble makers or emo....but the two who are the weakest of this category of having real honest to god issues are Kimberly and Trini, Kimberly's being the dumbest and most explainable of them all.

Then you have all the news going on right now that Trini is the first openly gay ranger. I'm scratching my head cause there wasn't really anything that clearly said she is a lesbian.

12 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Are the mecha/monster designs as bad as they look in the trailer? Also, I heard the Power Ranger-ing doesn't actually start until the last 30 minutes or so. Confirmation?

So for your first question, yes, the designs are bad, better than the .......93/95 movie I can't remember when that came out. But they're fairly dumb. I mean a Momoth zord with 6 legs? T-rex has tiny arm cannons yet no arms. And when they become a megazord it's like transformers....how did these parts from Dinosaur looking robots become THAT?
As for your second question.......yes and yet no. Yes the real fighting doesn't begin until the last 30-35 minutes of the film. Although they do try really hard to morph as there's a stupid catch for them to be able to do it.

• azrael changed the title to Saban's Power Rangers, in theaters March 24,2017

Just got back from seeing this.  It was vapid, cheesy, juvenile.

SO GOOD!!!!! B))

It had just enough of the original series while still adding its own touches.  The armour and zord designs I can accept (srlsy, who expects realism in a Power Rangers product???)  The actors were remarkably effective in their roles, clearly enjoying themselves and doing a good job at the same time.  I think my favourite aspect is the editing.  It's a 2+ hour long movie that didn't drag in any one place.  At no point did I have the urge to hit a non-existent fast forward button, which is quite the rarity for me.

Haters are gonna hate, but I enjoyed this film far more than I thought I would've.

I was reading an article this morning. Seems when Amy Jo and JDF went to the premiere of the film......JDF in all his attention hogging glory tried to film peoples reactions to his cameo with co star. Security caught him just as this was going down and kicked him out of the theater demanding his cell phone as they felt he was trying to record the film. He had a huge tantrum explaining to them he was a big deal and that he was in the film and just messed it all up for him. Doesn't sound like he was allowed back in, and he never got to see the ending of the movie or the end credit sequence.
For someone who keeps telling himself he's a big deal......he's REALLY not a big deal.

It was fun. I mean it's power rangers but not as cheesy as you'd think. I got over the zord designs a while ago.  I don't think they're good but not gonna complain about it.  It's fine.  Better than the original movie.  All the actors did a good job imo.  The original song was a hoot!

For the first time in I don't know how many years, I went to see a movie twice in the theatres.  Power Rangers held up as well the second time as the first.  There's one slow, dragging moment near the start of the film but it very quickly got swept away by the pacing.

I can't get over how well edited this movie is.  Just amazing how well the whole thing was put together.  It deserves at least one sequel!

• 2 months later...