Saban's Power Rangers, in theaters March 24,2017

Cause the guy has nothing else to do in his life except be married, do some MMA fighting and raise his daughter....not like any of that matters right? Gotta get to those conventions to feel important.

Maybe Lionsgate and Saban were inspired by his performance from Bat Under the Sun or something to spawn this mess? While somewhere I'll always like power rangers, it's just they've had 2 bad movies, but 1 only being better than the other. I loved the suits in the first movie, but dear god the special effects, the CGI, even some of the story was just awful. Now Turbo, that was just an ungodly mess of stupid.

I wonder if Lionsgate gives the Power Rangers a "Batman Begins" style reboot..I'm kidding of course..

And the Red Ranger will say to the Pink one:

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I DO that defines me."

• 1 year later...

Hm not a horrible outcome for the character, more evil and serious taking than the old show for an adult.

I do hope they go in a design for the suits that are like the old movie but with a twist, no spandex please!

Yeesh...that looks like some horrible cosplay. :p

I think the problem here is, that cosplay has caught up to hollywood in terms of what they can produce for a person to actually wear. In some ways they have surpassed it because they have more time to work on the costumes and more love of the source material. That's why we're seeing more and more CGI costumes with minimal practical parts. Still, the practical suits in TFA were amazing, want to see more of that in movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this posted yet.

prangers.jpg

I'm very meh on them, they're too busy, and they look like generic sci-fi armor. It looks like the Guyver armor had a baby with a bunch of multi-colored Iron Man armors.

Edit: Better picture. Boob Armor? Heels on the girl's suits? At least now I know who to sexualize.

Edited by Tking22

Why, out of the thousands of fantasy and scifi armors we've seen for the last 100 years, is the "boob armor" bugging so many people?

People all over Facebook and the few articles I've seen posted are having a fit about it.

...why?

The heels bug me way more than anything else in this picture.

Edit: Also, gonna put 84.34% certainty into Rita being the Green Ranger or whatever is left of it.

Edited by Chewie

Why, out of the thousands of fantasy and scifi armors we've seen for the last 100 years, is the "boob armor" bugging so many people?

People all over Facebook and the few articles I've seen posted are having a fit about it.

...why?

The heels bug me way more than anything else in this picture.

Edit: Also, gonna put 84.34% certainty into Rita being the Green Ranger or whatever is left of it.

Because it's just as idiotic and unnecessary as the heels. Phasma didn't have boob armor in Force Awakens, just regular armor, and yet, lo and behold, she still had boobs under the armor. Why on the chest of the women's costumes do they need the armor to follow the curvature of their breasts? I'm 100% positive their boobs could fit into the male ranger's costumes just fine, and I'm also positive they'd be fine without the heels too. I see both complaints as being on the same level of idiot and absurd, they're pretty lame designs no matter how you slice it.

2 simple arguments in favor of "boob armor"

1. It lessens the doubt that is just a male stunt man in the costume.

2. Other characters won't mistake them for a man when first meeting them.

Just to note the director:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/05/power-rangers-reboot-new-suits-first-look

According to director Dean Israelite, the costumes are actually “translucent extraterrestrial armor that crystallizes around their bodies.” He continues: "Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made.

The big argument I always hear against sculpted breastplates usually amounts to the fact that armor is meant to deflect blows away from the vital organs, while a sculpted chest could direct the force of blows directly into the sternum.

While I can agree with that whole-heartedly, I want to say the circumstances may change when you move from metal plates held against the skin, and start talking in terms of cybernetic or biological enhancements that may be less about a person wearing armor than they are directly modifying a person's strength at the molecular level. If the armor is literally a part of the person, it's not as likely to injure them.

Not that I'm trying to defend these designs, which look pretty derivative of every cybernetic armor I've seen in the past ten years (my first impression was a mix of Iron Man, and the game Warframe). Mostly, I think people are tired of the over-sexualized form-fitting armor that so many franchises love.

The heels though.. just to play devil's advocate, I want to say there might be a good reason for boosted heels in the armor (mostly thinking of the heel springs you get in Portal) but if that's the case, everyone should have them. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Just to note the director:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/05/power-rangers-reboot-new-suits-first-look

"According to director Dean Israelite, the costumes are actually “translucent extraterrestrial armor that crystallizes around their bodies.” He continues: "Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made.""

Power Rangers: Everyone is Venom?

Because it's just as idiotic and unnecessary as the heels. Phasma didn't have boob armor in Force Awakens, just regular armor, and yet, lo and behold, she still had boobs under the armor. Why on the chest of the women's costumes do they need the armor to follow the curvature of their breasts? I'm 100% positive their boobs could fit into the male ranger's costumes just fine, and I'm also positive they'd be fine without the heels too. I see both complaints as being on the same level of idiot and absurd, they're pretty lame designs no matter how you slice it.

Sooooo.... I take it you're not a fan of Bubble Gum Crisis?