Passing on the SOC GX-21 EVA 03 and GX-22 EVA 04?

GDomino

I was gonna pass on these evas but now I think I'll get the 04 just because it has that chrome look (only if it stays that way though).

45.jpg

Tempting, very tempting, But I think I will stick with my Kaiyodo's for everyone except Unit-01. Those do look awesome though. Especially that chromed out silver Unit-04.

Aieeee............................Gucci versions! :p

I'll pass. I don't care how well enginered or articualted they are, I don't like Evas, and these days I only buy toys of mecha I actually like as opposed to in the past where I'd buy a toy just because it's a well crafted example of the toymakers art, whether I actually liked the mecha or not.

Due to both financial and space constraints my days of buying any pretty toy that cought my eye are long gone and I'm putting myself on a diet of only Macross toys (with the Toynami MPC Alphas for dessert as well)! :D

Graham

I already have mine preordered because I want the entire set of Evas for the sake of completion, but those really do look nice. It'll be interesting to see what accessories they come with, they've already covered basically everything and I don't see a standard eva plus basic accessories set as being worth the same price as any of the others released so far.

I might get 03 if it comes with the freaky longs arms and stuff so I can react the scene with 01, as for 04, has anyone seen any pictures from the anime of it? All I knew was it blew up when they tried to put a what was it called in it and 1 model of it.

Slap a different head design and call it EVA 4 & 5! Nothing spectacular and I have all of the EVA SOCs still debating whether I should get these or not but can't resist the chogokin aspect of it. When are they gonna make SOC Patlabor or a Votom. How about a SOC guymelef preferbly all of 'em.

an SOC Patlabor Ingram would own. c'mon, Bandai!!!

i'll be getting those. what i want to know if there will be HK editions of them.

God, people... support the medium. Buy originals wherever possible.

It's one thing when the product is out of print, out of circulation. It's another thing completely when the non-bootleg is still available...

i'll be getting those. what i want to know if there will be HK editions of them.

It's one thing when the product is out of print, out of circulation. It's another thing completely when the non-bootleg is still available...

There are HK SOC editions that aren't boots. They are legit and sometimes come with an added bonus, for the Eva's case, they come with the 'crystal'--glass base.

edit: meaning HK only exclusives, can be nabbed through e-bay or e-tailers that can get a hold of them.

Edited by GDomino

Slap a different head design and call it EVA 4 & 5! Nothing spectacular and I have all of the EVA SOCs still debating whether I should get these or not but can't resist the chogokin aspect of it. When are they gonna make SOC Patlabor or a Votom. How about a SOC guymelef preferbly all of 'em.

Bandai isn't going to do a SOC Votoms since Yamato has the property last I heard. What ever happened with the Yamaot Votoms?

An SOC Patlabor Ingram would be SWEET.

Vostok 7

errr...ummm....ok ?

the HK edition comes with a bonus crystal display stand and is from bandai. this is not a boot.

My bad... I'm also on an anime web forum and have been crusading pretty heavily against bootlegs there... HK is a hot word for bootleg anime....

All the same, though... don't buy bootlegs!

Even bootleg anime....it depends what it is.

For example, Initial D. Tokyopop did such a horrible job that it makes RT look like a faithful translation. Anyone who buys the US release tokyopop versions instead of the HK versions is an idiot.

Even bootleg anime....it depends what it is.

For example, Initial D. Tokyopop did such a horrible job that it makes RT look like a faithful translation. Anyone who buys the US release tokyopop versions instead of the HK versions is an idiot.

This is why people watch subtitles...

Even if the domestic does suck, it's not illegal here in the States. Bootlegs are... even if the Feds aren't likely to do anything about it...

Besides, money spent on bootlegs does not support the original companies... you buy more, they'll keep making it...

Does anyone know if these guys have mouths? I like a robot who knows how to keep his jaw shut (the 01 had a floppy jaw).

--

Juniper

Yups, look closely and you will see the mouths.

My Eva 01's mouth actually stays shut when I want it to. Also, a friend of mine that had tha jaw-dropping syndrome was able to fix it with a tiny bit of clear-coat nail polish...amazing what that stuff does!

Slap a different head design and call it EVA 4 & 5!

Hee... I'm laughing just because I'm reading this on a Macross messageboard.

Yep... different heads, different names... same basic toy. Nothing like that around here. :p

I think they look great. Soon as I can scare up the dough, I'm gettin' 'em.

Yups, look closely and you will see the mouths.

My Eva 01's mouth actually stays shut when I want it to. Also, a friend of mine that had tha jaw-dropping syndrome was able to fix it with a tiny bit of clear-coat nail polish...amazing what that stuff does!

Thanks for the tips GDomino. I nearly went cross eyed, but with a lot of squinting I too was able to make out the mouths. Hooray for me!

--

Juniper

Slap a different head design and call it EVA 4 & 5!

Hee... I'm laughing just because I'm reading this on a Macross messageboard.

Yep... different heads, different names... same basic toy. Nothing like that around here. :p

I think they look great. Soon as I can scare up the dough, I'm gettin' 'em.

At this point, the Eva fan in me feels I should step forward and point out that Units 4 and 5 are very much different from each other.

They're as similar as the VF-1 and the VF-4.

But I WILL agree with your comment on repainted toys, though :)