Latest completed build: VT-1 Super Ostrich

Jefuemon

Wow, two completed builds on the same page! Guess a heavily cut work schedule was good for something!

Here's the latest addition to my collection. A 1/72 scale VT-1 Super Ostrich resin kit from Yellow Submarine & Club M. Yes, it's a bit dated compared to the Hasegawa's, but it's still fun to give these old kits a little love. Besides, I can always use more practice with resin. The Minmei figure did not come with the kit, it's one from Studio Starforge.

post-12411-0-24416600-1397201937_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-18374000-1397201943_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-37423600-1397201949_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-22101000-1397201930_thumb.jpg

As usual, more can be seen here.

Awesome, I actually love these Club M kits, IMO some of them are much more representative of the "anime" look that i am so fond of...

mike

I've still got the regular VF-1, VF-1A Super, and VF-1S Strike waiting to be built. When the Hasegawa kits came out, the price on these really dropped. I don't think I paid more than 3000 yen for them.

I got the elint and super o, and a 1s strike that is almost done, so much of what i have is almost done, need to work on that continuing issue in my life.

For the strike on mine i substituted in a set of wings from the 15th anniversary bandai kit, the resin wings were already warped, but with a full compliment of missiles i bet they would not have a chance, but the styrene wings should hold up nicely. Good thing is that they do not look out of place at all.

mike

I've still got the regular VF-1, VF-1A Super, and VF-1S Strike waiting to be built. When the Hasegawa kits came out, the price on these really dropped. I don't think I paid more than 3000 yen for them.

Nice work! And old kit yes, but you did it justice. As it happens, I've rebuilt all the colored art for the VT-1 Super Ostrich for the next update to my website, so I'm very familiar with all the colors and little details. Your model is an excellent version of this valkyrie. Bravo!

• 3 weeks later...