Macross Plus and Bryan Cranston

isamu

Has Bryan Cranston ever mentioned or acknowledged his role as Isamu in Macros Plus, during any interviews you're aware of? I've been watching a few of them and he never seems to so much as even mention his anime voice acting days.

Another question.....is there any behind the scenes footage of the English VAs doing their performance on Macross Plus? That would have been cool extra on the DVDs/BDs.

I've never heard him mention it. I think he must have got asked the question at a convention or other press event. Perhaps try comic con videos? I assume a voice acting role in the pre-famous days of an acting career would be much the same significance as day player on a soap opera or sitcom. So I doubt Cranston recalls much of anything specifcally about Macross Plus (unless he was a fan). He's more likely to remember in more vague terms, like his many voice acting gigs as a whole.

Edited by Mr March

Side note: I would avoid believing anything posted between March 31st through April 1st on the great Interwebs. When it's March 31st in your neck of the woods, it's April 1st somewhere else in the world.

You have been warned.

As for the second question, I don't recall many behind-the-scenes shots of the voice actors.

Richard Epcar, yeah. And (weirdly enough), Jan (or, I suppose, *Yang") is Dan Woren... AKA Roy Fokker.

Cranston was not credited as his own name in Macross Plus. This was most likely because he was doing non-union work. He probably doesn't publicly mention his non-union roles in order to avoid any sort of trouble with the screen actors' guild.

Interesting insight guys, thanks :wub:

Walter White flying the YF-19 :lol:

If I'm not mistaken I think the guy who voiced Guld is the same guy who played Ben and Lunk in RT?

OT:

I recently played EDF 2025 (a shooter that looks like starship troopers meets godzilla movies) and i think that is the same guy who did the dub for guld. lol He is everywhere. Good to see he has moved on since robotech. He also did the dub for ninja scroll as the bad guy.

EDF is really addictive BTW.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

There was an interview with him within the last year, though I can't remember where (Conan... something Late Night, possibly local since I do live where they filmed Breaking Bad). He mentioned doing a lot of voice work for various Anime before he started betting larger roles. He didn't call any shows out by name, he said he couldn't remember the names, but he said it was very different/strange.