Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yes! I regret not getting this the first time around.

Congrats in advance, @Lolicon. :good: 

I still didn't PO. So money save for me. I only wanted the Sound Booster somehow but I don't think I can get one for less than US100. ;) 

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats in advance, @Lolicon. :good: 

I still didn't PO. So money save for me. I only wanted the Sound Booster somehow but I don't think I can get one for less than US100. ;) 

What great timing too. I was actually eyeing the set the popped up on Mandarake this morning. But 68k is too high, even for me. :( But really happy it's being reissued!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

What great timing too. I was actually eyeing the set the popped up on Mandarake this morning. But 68k is too high, even for me. :( But really happy it's being reissued!

Great timing for you but bad timing for that seller that might not get to unload his valk at that high price!

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

Great timing for you but bad timing for that seller that might not get to unload his valk at that high price!

Looks like that and the 19P that went up with it are both gone, presumably sold.

[edit] Nevermind, they're back. 

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like that and the 19P that went up with it are both gone, presumably sold.

[edit] Nevermind, they're back. 

I kind of hope they re-release the VF-19P alongside the VF-5000.. whenever that one happens. :lol:  The one I'm STILL waiting for is a VF-19F from the Master File though, just the plain white one with black stripes.  It would make such a good base for customs.

Originally release in May 2011. So years later we get a release. I love this design, but c’mon gives us something really new.

Not complaining, I am just hoping for something really new. Fix those gappy fighter knees, ratchet the ankles properly, and throw in a side of McD’s fries for god’s sake. 😜 

41 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I kind of hope they re-release the VF-19P alongside the VF-5000.. whenever that one happens. :lol:  The one I'm STILL waiting for is a VF-19F from the Master File though, just the plain white one with black stripes.  It would make such a good base for customs.

I'm absolutely down for a 19P, actually prefer it over Ronald McValk.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm absolutely down for a 19P, actually prefer it over Ronald McValk.

I'm also down for the VF-19P as long that the finish is matte this time. It doesn't have to be Premium Finish as long that it's matte. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

I was looking through the beginning of this thread and I noticed quite a few posts about how the earlier releases of these were shelf warmers. They were being heavily discounted and then, fast forward to recently, the prices for these on the secondary market were very high. Seems like we might see the same thing this time around? I mean, if I wait, will I get a better price?

I only mention it because I see some people saying they'll pass on this release. I guess I'll never understand how the market works on these.

Since Arcadia releases are somewhat made to order (mainly on the retail shop end), there is no preorder madness and depending on the release, there can often be remaining stock after the initial release date. Discounts will depend on the retailer and how quickly they want to clear their space. HOWEVER, due to the niche appeal, overall numbers for Macross products is relatively very low compared to something like Gundam so once the initial stock is sold out, prices are almost always sure to go up. Especially in the cases of "shelf-warmers", their initial numbers were probably even lower to begin with, making them the most rare items in the long run, leading to the highest prices in the long run. Happens pretty much consistently through the history of Macross toys.

Edited by Slave IV

4 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

I was looking through the beginning of this thread and I noticed quite a few posts about how the earlier releases of these were shelf warmers. They were being heavily discounted and then, fast forward to recently, the prices for these on the secondary market were very high. Seems like we might see the same thing this time around? I mean, if I wait, will I get a better price?

I only mention it because I see some people saying they'll pass on this release. I guess I'll never understand how the market works on these.

I remember way back seeing the Zola for $120ish on ebay at one point.  Good luck  now lol

On 3/28/2023 at 3:39 PM, optimuspint said:

Does anyone have any insight on if these are going to be offered stateside like the Tomahawk and SV-51’s ?

Yes, I too am curious if sites like BBTS with get this to sell.

Twich

• 1 month later...

Have Acadia given a word about the trims being yellow or gold?

I would like to change my gold trims one for the one with the yellow ones but the product photos at HLJ show one with the gold trims.

I guess this one is just a test shot for the assembly and not the colors.

4 hours ago, Froy said:

Have Acadia given a word about the trims being yellow or gold?

I would like to change my gold trims one for the one with the yellow ones but the product photos at HLJ show one with the gold trims.

I guess this one is just a test shot for the assembly and not the colors.

Given issues with actual gold plastic, it may be a gold coating over yellow plastic?