Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

Pre-ordered...

I get very nostalgic about this valk, just reminds of 1995, the year where we had Mac7 and Gundam Wing...when you put it in that context and the bizarre mecha/big robot scene in that time period, the Fire Valk sort of falls right in the mix.

I bought the original Bandai Fire Valk back in the day and dumped it shortly after release. Didn't even bother with Yamato's releases, but this one just looks like the definitive version of one of the most polarizing designs from SK. Probably not one to pose next to your VF-1 or your YF-19, but maybe if they actually pushed out the entire FB crew...

Ankles aside...I am very happy with the Arcadia YF-19, so I see no reason why this would disappoint, blinged out paint job and all.

Pre-ordered...

I get very nostalgic about this valk, just reminds of 1995, the year where we had Mac7 and Gundam Wing...when you put it in that context and the bizarre mecha/big robot scene in that time period, the Fire Valk sort of falls right in the mix.

I bought the original Bandai Fire Valk back in the day and dumped it shortly after release. Didn't even bother with Yamato's releases, but this one just looks like the definitive version of one of the most polarizing designs from SK. Probably not one to pose next to your VF-1 or your YF-19, but maybe if they actually pushed out the entire FB crew...

Ankles aside...I am very happy with the Arcadia YF-19, so I see no reason why this would disappoint, blinged out paint job and all.

Had to vote or use that little + 1 button for this post. Nostalgia, whether it be from my childhood or something I saw just a few years ago like Macross Frontier is what drives 99.9% of my hobby spending.

Hopefully this is a very solid release for those that want it. Despite my own personal opinion of the design depending, and on any number of arbitrary circumstances I may pick one up down the line as I do recognize the VF-19's status in Macross history.

-b.

*edit because apparently I quoted Aye Aye's post twice, whoops :lol:

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Blue mouse = VF-1J Max confirmed!

.....on a more serious note, the gold trims make it look kinda cool.

HA!

I thought it already was based on the color of the VF-0D prototypes. B))

I do wish that the VF-19 had a different colored gunpod, the red makes it look more like an accessory (like a purse) than an actual weapon.

-b.

I like it that way, personally. It really wasn't much of a weapon, since it only fired speaker pods anyway, and the red ties it in with the 'weird civilian valkyrie' aesthetic it's got going on.

Exactly. It's not a weapon. It only looks like a gunpod so that it'll still fit/transform with a -19 and so that a battroid can functionally wield it.

I like it that way, personally. It really wasn't much of a weapon, since it only fired speaker pods anyway, and the red ties it in with the 'weird civilian valkyrie' aesthetic it's got going on.

Exactly. It's not a weapon. It only looks like a gunpod so that it'll still fit/transform with a -19 and so that a battroid can functionally wield it.

Ohhh, my bad guys, appreciate the clarification.

No comment on any of the in-universe stuff though. :blink:

-b.

The semi-sad part? Only the speaker pod has that bendy-joint in the middle, meaning it's the only VF-19 gunpod that actually sits level. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is still interested in this, its already in stock at Nippon-Yassan. As far as I checked, NY has the lowest price for this too.

I'm currently re-watching Mac7, and missed the first Yamato issue of the Fire Valk, so I'm looking forward to getting this definitive release with the sound booster and complete Fire Bomber band. :-)

Hehe, NY made a slight mistake about the availability of the Fire Valk. Apparently the release date is 25 Sept. They've sent me a new notice indicating that its actually a pre-order rather than an in-stock item.

Oh well, MW interest in this valk seems to be quite low. Pre-orders are still open on Amiami, HLJ and NY. :-)

Edited by brouken

Oh, sorry, I must have missed that info in the thread. That would make sense then.

Question: if its made to order, that would mean that there should be a minimum amount of orders before actual production right? So if there is not enough orders, then there is a possibility that this may be cancelled?

The Yamato VF-19Kai is an amazing Valkyrie. Weird, yes, but really amazing.

I was planning on getting the sound booster by the time, but there´s one piece missing... The actual "Sound".

I know that it would be a licensing nightmare, but I DO WANT a "LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!" coming out of this huge piece of plastic. Now even a 1$ toy has sound samples... I think that if the SoundBooster had some parts of the most iconic songs, it would be an insta-sell.

Even so, it looks amazing.

here's another update if anyone cares:

Bw_ZwyeCQAALdo6.jpg

I'm more interested at Giant Gorg at the back. Wish I could have one Gorg. :rolleyes: But T-Rex price is so ridiculously high. :unsure:

it's 33,060 yen at hobby search.... damn

Plus shipping to US would end up somewhere around $360-370? :blink:

Even at it's probable 50% off sale....that's still $150+ for a set of 4 figurines........ ;)

The HLJ Black Friday VF-0D sale on the other hand....... :rolleyes:

I'm curious on the Black Friday thing with HLJ. Haven't done it before. If the VF-0D falls on the BF sale, how much discount does it have? 20-30% off? Thanks. ;)

So you're just interested on the VF-19 figurines? :lol:

I'm curious on the Black Friday thing with HLJ. Haven't done it before. If the VF-0D falls on the BF sale, how much discount does it have? 20-30% off? Thanks. ;)

So you're just interested on the VF-19 figurines? :lol:

I think it was 20% off for the YF-19 during last year's Black Friday sale....it was a pleasant surprise....just pre-order it when it becomes available...then re-buy it at the BF price and dump the higher priced pre-orders.....

Yes....I would like to just buy just the Fire Bomber figurines if I could...I'm pretty sure someone will make them available...probably get the most for them on eBay or YJA...so save yourself the ebay and paypal selling fees and sell them to me!!!! :)

Edited by jvmacross

I think it was 20% off for the YF-19 during last year's Black Friday sale....it was a pleasant surprise....just pre-order it when it becomes available...then re-buy it at the BF price and dump the higher priced pre-orders.....

Yes....I would like to just buy just the Fire Bomber figurines if I could...I'm pretty sure someone will make them available...probably get the most for them on eBay or YJA...so save yourself the ebay and paypal selling fees and sell them to me!!!! :)

20% is not bad. As long that you still have option to choose a shipping method, right? Don't want to use EMS. Just happy to use a SAL with tracking for big package. Save a few $$. ^_^ But when you say dump, meaning cancel the early PO right? Now, I'm not so sure if I'm going to get the VF-0D. Trying my best to ignore that one and just wait for a VF-0S renewal. But that head, the wing-cape, and the 'periwinkle' blue really excites me. :lol:

Too bad, I'm not into Mac7 releases. Well, except for VF-11C. But since that one is so expensive nowadays, I'm just going to wait for a used one or a reissue/renewal one. ;)

Edited by no3ljm