Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

I'm sticking with what I said before - I'll be getting one - but just one - and haven't pre-ordered... yet.

Still hoping for a special release of Speaker Pod Gamma... or an announcement of a MAXL... or and a VF-17T...

There fixed it for you. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

Got my VF-29S and damn this is sweet. Too bad the thing has some loose joints but for the most part it fulfills its job. I'm really really liking the VF-19 battroid mode now. Want another one when I get back to the states :D Macross is gonna destroy me so badly.

Can anyone please tweet Mr. K and tell him that if they're going with gold instead of yellow, then it makes sense to make the mouth silver, instead of white? I think that's reasonable, no?

Regarding the ankes -- in the blog post that Reivaj linked to, Mr K explains that he is trying to get the factory to improve the tolerances. It is just not feasible to do a whole ankle re-design.

He also mentions that the canopy will also have a yellow tint of sorts. I find this weird because never once has the Fire Valk been depicted that way that I can recall.

Another issue is just how accurately the Chinese factory will be able to recreate the Fire Bomber characters' faces in mass production remains to be seen. If the results are not satisfactory, they may have to forgo the painting of the facial features. For reference, my helmet-less Isamu pilot from the Arcadia YF-19 has a big splodge on the side of his face where the paint for the hair overran. We shall see.

I have to apologize in advance for the next sentence so.....

:5:

I agree that it would be not feasible to redesign the ankles for the VF-19 mold but I'm still baffled why the YF-19 from Arcadia has the same problems that are present and well known on the VF-19 from Yamato.

I was actually under the impression that they were always gold. Don't they look gold in the CG model in the opening? A lot of the artwork shows them as gold-like, too (the Bandai 1/144 and 1/100 kits' box art come to mind). Much like how some things in cartoons painted white are actually supposed to be silver in "reality".

Edited by Renato

I was actually under the impression that they were always gold. Don't they look gold in the CG model in the opening? A lot of the artwork shows them as gold-like, too (the Bandai 1/144 and 1/100 kits' box art come to mind). Much like how some things in cartoons painted white are actually supposed to be silver in "reality".

They look yellow on my cels...... :)

gallery_12176_600_1227.jpggallery_12176_600_27588.jpg

gallery_12176_600_6094.jpggallery_12176_600_30013.jpg

gallery_12176_600_25324.jpggallery_12176_600_46544.jpg

Wasn't there an argument about the red color of the VF-19 Kai Yamato had with Kawamori. I think it went like this that the guys at Yamato that the hue prototype color was exactly the red from the animation and Kawamori answered that this is not the color it has in his mind.

If this true I think that the highlights are exactly painted in the colors Kawamori envisioned.

My point is that sometimes in anime they use simplified colours to represent what the "real" colours should be. Is Minmay supposed to have blue hair, or black?

To add even more controversy, Kawamori in fact told them to do the whole valk metallic red, but Mr. K declined, because then it would be too similar to "another company's product", clearly referring to the VF Hi-Metal line by Bandai (or maybe their 15th anniversary chrome 1/100 kit?).

Could be a licensing thing. Maybe only Bandai has the go-ahead from BW to do metallic Fire Valks. Mr. K does also mention that tolerances would change if they switched to all metallic, and that it would affect fragility.

Edited by Renato

• 1 month later...

I was going to ask MrK a question, but apparently this newest picture got the attention of all the Basara cosplayers *hem* dress ups.

And started going on about their abilities... To pretend to be fictional.

One even claiming he can sound like Fukuyama lol.

Oh Cosplayers, how I wish you would go away.

• 2 weeks later...

over on the developer blog for the fire valk and sound booster combo

transformation guide:

http://arcadia.ac/vf19/diary/02/index.php

Thanks for posting...

The gold looks great in these photos.

Not going to lie, although I'm not at all a fan of the VF-19 Kai, the gold does indeed look good in those pics.

-b.

• 5 weeks later...