Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

I literally just got my YF-19 yesterday, brand new relatively cheap (Y25,000), so they are still readily available as far as I can tell. I don't know if this release will be the same, though.

One thing is for sure -- I can see them being more available than anything with the words "Bandai" and "Ozma" on them, though.

Why??? Why Arcadia????

made the YF-19 just like that...... Why????

19k13.jpg

Why arcadia??? :(

Is it just me or is that a tab sticking out of the top intake??? I know the other pics had the intakes closed in fighter, but one can only hope they are still working on it. Hell, for the price that it commands, why not make small improvements to entice current owners to make another purchase. I agree the timing is bad and the decision to re-release with little gimmicks for such a high cost will do little for the die hard fans to justify another reason to purchase. Only the completist and those who missed out the first run might have a go at it. I find it hard to believe the sales for this unit will outmatch the first run by Yamato given how little is provided along with the time of release. If further improvements are made, I would change my mind and buy one or two.

Those FB figures are probably going to cost an arm and half a leg. Anyone willing to pay for this set, most likely would want to keep the figures. If a decision to sell, I'm sure $100+ would be a good asking price - and people will pay. For those inquiring about buying the FB figures, how much are you willing to pay? $50 tops for me, no more.

I was really excited when this was announced but seeing the metallic gold and the price has me passing this one up until a price cut. Hope Arcadia sells this one but man that gold looks pukey

Really??? And the McDonald's yellow and red on the first one didn't bother you at all? IMO, this is far better looking than the first release. Loved the engineering and detail of it, could not stand the color. Wish they made the MAXL to go with this. That would be an instant buy for me.

I too am only interested in the FB figures.

I wasn't interested in the VF-19K until I saw it in person in Akiba with the Sound Booster attached, soon after that I got the Yamato one, that was awhile ago. I like the McDonald scheme. It's anime accurate, and I like McDonalds.

Really??? And the McDonald's yellow and red on the first one didn't bother you at all? IMO, this is far better looking than the first release. Loved the engineering and detail of it, could not stand the color. Wish they made the MAXL to go with this. That would be an instant buy for me.

That's not fair. If you relate anything red and yellow to "McDonald's" then people won't want it. Unless it's a box of chicken nuggets... If anything I'd get the new version... keep the Booster and figures and sell off the Fire Blinger valk... :p

I think I'm in the "hold for Black Friday" group.

This.

There wouldn't be tears shed if I missed it.

This too.

I literally just got my YF-19 yesterday, brand new relatively cheap (Y25,000), so they are still readily available as far as I can tell. I don't know if this release will be the same, though.

One thing is for sure -- I can see them being more available than anything with the words "Bandai" and "Ozma" on them, though.

For sure this.

Gotta agree that this seems like a bad move. I really hope they don't get screwed over :(

Yeah, I hope that Arcadia doesn't either. I just have to assume that they've learned from all the factors that led to Yamato's demise and that they're making sound business decisions (regardless of someone's personal taste in Valkyrie colors).

-b.

This.

This too.

For sure this.

Yeah, I hope that Arcadia doesn't either. I just have to assume that they've learned from all the factors that led to Yamato's demise and that they're making sound business decisions (regardless of someone's personal taste in Valkyrie colors).

-b.

As long as it sells well in Japan. I mean they do like the design of the Rozen Zulu and the Khsatriya from Gundam. The VF-19kai is so dull compared to how garish those are!

Not familiar with those designs, but if this VF-19 is dull or conservative in comparison then hopefully that bodes well for Arcadia. :)

Just want to reiterate, while I'm no fan of this Valk I do hope it does well so that we can get more of the releases that I and others like/want as well.

-b.

On the fence, only M7 figure I own is the VF-11 cause it was all I could get of the VF-11 sculpt. I didn't exactly cry my eyes out when I missed the first release of the VF-19K, I didn't exactly crawl to a fetal position and cry harder missing the VF-17's. Plus the release of this, the YF-30, and the VF-171EX Recon are way to close together to safely buy. And honestly, a 282 dollar preshipping price tag for this is far to much for me to handle justifying this into my collection.

If you're on the fence, and you don't already have a 19, I would totally recommend it, if not this one, one of the older releases. In my opinion, the 19 mold is the greatest Macross toy ever made, ever. It is a dream to handle. I found myself getting every iteration so far, and I generally as a rule do not buy repaints! The 19Kai also features the most gimmicks.