Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

Looks like the new one is in a darker shade of red and in gold instead of in yellow... I might actually have to get this one and I passed on the old VF-19 Kai.

And I would advice you to sell your old VF-19 Kai's because when the new one gets available the value of the old one will drop like a rock.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

And I would advice you to sell your old VF-19 Kai's because when the new one gets available the value of the old one will drop like a rock.

Not sure about this advice. The release of the Arcadia VF-1S Roy and Hikaru (bright white) has had a negligible effect on the market value of the previously released 30th VF-1S Roy and Hikaru. They too were re-colors....and arguably more popular than the VF-19 Kai.

I think this "re-color" trick has been played-out once too many times by Arcadia.

One scenario that I can see happening is the potential rise in value of this new Kai...if...it is released in extremely limited numbers (kind of like the weathered VFs for Roy, Hikaru, and Max).....if this is the case....we will know pretty soon after it's release.....otherwise, I believe the existing "stock' of original Kai's may actually have a downward effect on the new Kai.....perhaps up to the point of seeing it as "sale" fodder by year's end...... :rolleyes:

Arcadia assembled the YF-19 for for distribution in a rush within a months time. Is there a specific reason why the Fire Valk would be stalled until October? I'm just hoping there is going to be some late tweaks and surprises. Hard for me to pull the trigger for the same Valk with a gold trimming paint scheme and little figures for north of the border of $250+. Mr. K kept quiet in regards to the extra Isamu without helmet until it's release. That was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the same will happen for the intakes, the INTAKES ARCADIA!!!!! It can be done and it should be done. By the way, where is the stage suit Basara pilot figure???

Part of me wants to put my old one up for sale like right now.......however...it is absolutely perfect. One has to wonder if Arcadia can deliver one to me as perfect. Not to mention, it's going to be freakin expensive going off the YF 19 price structure. I'm thinking minimum $100 more than the 19.

Have a second look:

attachicon.gifBn9wU4LIUAA4BFL.jpg large.jpg

Oh wow, can't believe I missed him. Renato was right on the money. Yeah I was betting at $250 minimum but realistically we are probably looking a lot more. I've been holding back on all of Yamato's VF-19s series after getting the Fire Valk in hopes of Arcadia re-releasing with updated parts, namely the removable intakes. It matters a lot for me since I predominantly display my Valks in fighter mode. If this release doesn't have it, I guess I'll just have to give up hope. :(

Oh, wow, they even have the pink shirt Basara version from "Deathmatch on Planet Rax/Lux"!! :wub:

I'm getting pretty excited... but fear for the price... -_-

Removeable intake covers would really be nice, but I don't expect it to happen. However, I really wish they would do those pink inner panels on the inside of the Sound Boosters in transluscent plastic, like the Hi-Metal version.

Saw the Yamato VF-19Kai at around US$110 (or was it $102? Can't remember now) last night, warming the shelf.

Yes, way cheaper than the re-re-re-re-re-re-issue of VF-1S Focker (honestly the new version has a different color and comes with a stand), which still stands at around US$130.

I hope Arcadia can hold till the release of VF-0D. Fingers crossed.

Saw the Yamato VF-19Kai at around US$110 (or was it $102? Can't remember now) last night, warming the shelf.

Yes, way cheaper than the re-re-re-re-re-re-issue of VF-1S Focker (honestly the new version has a different color and comes with a stand), which still stands at around US$130.

I hope Arcadia can hold till the release of VF-0D. Fingers crossed.

Why wouldn't they hold? As far as Arcadia is concerned those items on stores outside Japan are already considered sold. Any shelf warmers are the shop's problem.

Anyway saw this pic posted by Arcadia on Twitter. Seems like the gold trim is actually better than I thought.

post-28699-0-17229000-1400643486_thumb.jpg

Edited by abbadon

Why wouldn't they hold? As far as Arcadia is concerned those items on stores outside Japan are already considered sold. Any shelf warmers are the shop's problem.

*snip*

That's not necessarily true, if the shop stops or reduces orders for Arcadia's products because they have Yamato/Arcadia merchandise warming the shelf, well then...

Re: this release, I really hope that it's priced competitively so that people are enticed to buy - especially if there is an expectation that folks will double-dip.

-b.

Looks like the new one is in a darker shade of red and in gold instead of in yellow... I might actually have to get this one and I passed on the old VF-19 Kai.

I think the original yellow was better. If i didn't have it i would still buy the old one! But i do have an issue with gold and metallic paints in general on toys/models. Makes them look a bit street-fareish. If they had made it yellow-orange instead (like that Sazabi yellow/orange i mean) then it would have looked MUCH better together with the black accents.

Edited by Dimis

I kind of like it, I have the Yamato but I bought it because I'm a collector - not because I love it.

The gold metallic, that's pure hot rod - which is cool. Based on the extras and the colour change it's enough of a difference for me to buy this. Wonder what the price will be.....

You know, I'm actually torn. The yellow was always the weakest part of the fire valk to me, but it wasn't a big deal. The gold looks slightly better in the photos, but I also know how much wear and tear those shoulder pieces go through during transformation, and I imagine the gold will eventually peel and flake (unless they actually use metallic plastic, which it doesn't look like from the pics so far).

I guess the big question I have is what color is underneath? :p

And anyway, unless this thing drops in price massively, I don't think a set of figures and shiney paint is enough to justify buying a third one of these.

Edited by Chronocidal