Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

May... Have... To... Buy.

Same here. I disliked the fire valk's scheme but the change from yellow to gold changes alot for me. But in the end, I predict that the price would probably deter me from buying it anyway.

Any guesses for the price? Or was it already announced?

The new look reminds me of the glamour shot of the Fire Valkyrie from Macross 7 TV's Seventh Moon opening.

I do like it...but I'm sticking to what I wrote before. The new figures and add-ons are not enough of a temptation for me to pick up Arcadia's rerelease since I already have the Yamato set.

That said, I hope this does well. I would like to see other Macross 7 designs.

Edited by technoblue

With the confirmed release of the 1/60 FB set....perhaps there is renewed hope for the sound bazooka (plus other unproduced Yamato stuff)? If so, I hope it is a web exclusive and they pack in the 1/60 FB set (even though that now seems less likely than a stand alone sound bazooka release... ;) )

And with that said....if anyone buys the new VF-19 Kai set and does not want the 1/60 FB set...PM me...I'll take them! :)

Edited by jvmacross

I think the sound bazooka will come with the vf 17t assuming release someday <_<

Convenient that the Super Packs on the 17 pretty much fit at the same point as the super bazooka does too. They could make it mount to the underside of the 17T as is.

You guys are saying there is no improvement.. they aren't even using the new mold? It's the old Yamato mold?

I think he is talking about the new YF-19 mold.

And I think this is the old yamato mold because I see 2 shields in the picture.

That wouldn't make any sense. If they used the new YF-19 mold they wouldn't get a VF-19kai because, as everybody knows, they barely share any pieces.

Time to really predict the re-release of the most wanted Valkyries including extra figures...I am wishing the VF-1D Hikaru, Minmay, with "teaching Roy",Minmay in falling position, Hikaru in closing the cockpit position, and the little minmay cousin...Wish made.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It has to be an improvement, it's got removable intake covers now...

where did you see/hear about this? i might be interested if it's true but i don't see the intakes covers being removable

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I wonder how difficult it would be to give the Kai the backward sweeping wings like the YF-19.

If I remember correctly, the Kai was shown doing this in that DYRL homage episode.

And yellow > gold. Looks tacky and will only work if the rest of the Valkyrie gets a metallic red coating.

Pass on this simply because I'm not a fan of this Valk, but if Arcadia tried to take advantage of me by re-re-re-releasing a VF-1 or two with metallic accents the I'd insta-buy and hate myself for it later.

-b.

And yellow > gold. Looks tacky and will only work if the rest of the Valkyrie gets a metallic red coating.

Ha, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who thought this. Metallic coloring almost *never* looks good on mecha it seems like, at least to me. Pretty much every metallic kit Bandai releases tends to be pretty gross, too.

I hate the fire valk and basara, but if this leads to the 19F/S getting more love I'm all for it. It'd be kinda nice if they did a VF-19A now that the Arcadia YF-19 is out too, come to think of it.