Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

I don't know why, the fire valk is my most disliked valk, but it's somewhat starting to grow on me especially with that big ass booster...very slowly. It has a charm that I can't put my finger on :/

I should stop looking at pictures :mellow:

I had the very same feeling towards the Fire Valkyrie until it was announced that Arcadia was re-issuing it.

Ummed and arred about it for a while only as I have the other VF-19 Valks already and thought I should complete the set then all this flurry of discussion came up so I felt compelled to buy one!

Was never a big fan of its clashing bright red & yellow color scheme but now has started to grow on me.. glad I finally made the decision to buy one though! Actually looking forward to its arrival!

It would be nice to get an optional Basara in his FB outfit as a pilot. Removable intake covers and or extra figures/parts might sway me to buy the bundle set. However if it is just a simple re-release, I think I might just pass up on it.

The stage suit Basara figure came with the Sound Booster, so if this is a bundle I would expect they would include both the stage costume and the green shirt figures, at the very least. I wouldn't worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ I would agree for a lower price and if they added a headphone jack like the project BM! Kaneda's bike from Akira. I never really use the sounds on it, but I like how they added the headphone jack so you can make it play louder. :)

The Fire valkyrie is probably one of the most "perfect" designs of all the 19 since it's the only design I know of that actually uses the little doors on the sides of the head for the transformation. All other models do have them but don't really need them.

I bet the reissue may only include the FireBomber standing figures that were shown a while back and displayed alongside the giant sound booster thing. I'm actually tempted to get another to display in fighter mode since this valk has become one of my favorites.

Edited by Frogze

Pass! That bike isn't canon!!!! :p

ep9_hikaru_rides_to_stadium.png

....however, they'll probably fix that on a future issue of Macross the First!!! :rolleyes:

I just realized that Yamato did make scaled bike! And its the same dropbar type as Hikaru's! Guess they really do love Macross to that extent :lol::lol:

YAMA_PEDAL_ID_Bicycle.jpg

EDITED : sorry for the necromancing act! just saw the ad today

Edited by aaajin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

it looks like Mr. K is tweeting a few days ago that it's the 20th anniversary of Macross 7, promoting the mylene bass.

makes sense the reason for arcadia to reissue the fire 19 valk first over other things.

maybe we'll see more M7 stuff being released.

Unless they use pliable rubber for... certain parts, a MAXL will be a parts-former like nothing else.

Not sure what you're talking about. The chest speakers are obviously domed units that flank the Cockpit in Fighter/Gerwalk. They're clearly visible.

Yes, but the difference in canard position and shape, difference in intake shape between Battroid and fighter, and Battroid's slender legs might not translate at all well into fighter. It just seems to me that, lacking replaceable parts, a compromise Valkyrie might be problematic.

Battroid doesn't have slender legs. They're pretty thick in all of the lineart, actually.

Considering Yamato included swappable shields for anime accuracy in different modes would it be that bad if they included Canards of different lengths to swap for Anime Accuracy as well? There might even be a way to make the canards recess for one mode and pop back out for the other as well.

I don't really see a big shift in Canard position but it does appear the nose/cockpit area deforms a bit in Battroid, however that might be to Arcadia's benefit as you could make the forward portion of the nose cone angle back a bit and that would give tons of space for the cockpit shield to be deployed.

Intake shape has been compromised on every Valk ever made, there's little point in worrying about that.

Meh?

The fact that the band members are not in scale with the cockpit figure is an instant pass for me. ^_^

I think I prefer the regular version and Veffidas without a drum-set is kinda lame but the Micro-FB are cool.

Eh, can't exactly say it's tempting, but the gold trim does look a little better than plain yellow plastic.

Maybe if someone wants to trade for an old Yamato one, or they hit the discount shelf, but I've got all the VF-19s I can handle for now. :lol: