Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

The extra figures would be nice, since I doubt this'll come in at under the price of the YF-19. I know I can't personally justify a new paintjob though, especially since the tolerances are so tight that any transformation would probably ruin it.

Unless they mold it in sparkly plastic like the Hi-Metal, but really, I never liked the way the sparkles look on that one.

The problem with paint is as you stated... transforming the toy would damage the finish. Thing is, molding in ABS, or most any plastic, with a pearlescent or metal flake additive mix can have its own set of issues: flow marks around injection gates, swirls near internal ribs and screw-bosses, and knit lines where the plastic meets after having to go around open slots.

I wouldn't even bet on them being profitable.. wouldn't surprise me if they operate just to break even.

Either way though, I can't see this being successful when there's a relatively large amount of these still on the market. Unless they add some bonus features (stand like the VF-1s, extra figures, etc), I don't see this being a big seller. The effort to redesign the intakes to use the YF-19 style ones wouldn't be worth the cost in tooling.

After the VF-19 was released Yamato had said that they had considered making the intakes removable but that would compromise the poseability in battroid which they thought was an important mode for this valkyrie. I remember it well because i was quite annoyed as i always prefer the fighter mode. So if they made that decision only 3 years ago, would they redesign it so soon? Ok Bandai kind of did with the VF-25 but that was because they put no thought into the V1 in the first place anyway.

That's interesting. I wonder if, as part of the "extras", they will finally produce those mini 1/60 Fire Bomber figures of Basara, Mylene, Ray and Veffidas that they showed that one time. I should still have the photo of the prototypes somewhere...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40942&p=1113238

Asked for pics of those figurines back on page 2 of this thread......I've searched with no luck......hope you find those pics!

I'll see if I can find it. It should be amongst the pics that I took at the last Yamato Showroom I went to (the one with the VF-19S and 17S). But it was the only photo I never put up because that was one of the hush-hush things we were not allowed to share online. I figure now that Yamato is technically no more, no harm, no foul, right? ;)

Yeah as someone who already has both I would want something extra to entice but I also know many people skipped the booster so I guess it's not bad for them. Now how about finishing Fire Bomber instead, retool the VF-17 and do the 11 MAXL, yes it's practially a single use mold but well sell very well to complete the set.

That's interesting. I wonder if, as part of the "extras", they will finally produce those mini 1/60 Fire Bomber figures of Basara, Mylene, Ray and Veffidas that they showed that one time. I should still have the photo of the prototypes somewhere...

That´s a Great Idea!! Not only for the VF-19 kai re-release but also for the eventual next ones or even for new releases !!, Imagine to have figures of both Sara & Mao Nome together with the ones of Shin & Edgar in the next VF-0D package !!!..A real fan Magnet !!

Hey if people are willing to spend over a 100 dollars on 3rd party Transformers with much lower plastic quality and no diecast, I don't think the price of Destroids is the main problem.

I think it's lack of demand.

Can't speak for anyone else but price was completely the reason why i didn't get one. Since the destroids didn't transform i was expecting the price to be signifigantly cheaper than a VF-1 ver 2. i couldn't justify getting one for the same price as a vf-1. Still wish i had one. Maybe i'll find one cheap somewhere someday.

Can't speak for anyone else but price was completely the reason why i didn't get one. Since the destroids didn't transform i was expecting the price to be signifigantly cheaper than a VF-1 ver 2. i couldn't justify getting one for the same price as a vf-1. Still wish i had one. Maybe i'll find one cheap somewhere someday.

They're only getting more expensive as they become more rare.

Why does every thread about a new piece devolve into a discussion about destroids?

Lets talk about clown Valks and how expensive this thing is going to be. Is the YF-19 sold out anywhere?

It's called a distraction... Destroids keep getting introduced to discussions not just here but in the new TV show thread when discussions don't go their way.

"But you guys want Destroids??? You guys are dumb!!!"

As far as destroids go, I've always wanted a konig monster but it's too expensive for what it comes with.

As far as the fire kai, M7 was above average. It was a slow start but picks up half way through.

That said I like its outrageous design, actually I love it's design. Really glad it's coming out with the sound booster

It's called a distraction... Destroids keep getting introduced to discussions not just here but in the new TV show thread when discussions don't go their way.

"But you guys want Destroids??? You guys are dumb!!!"

It's better than ten years of "but you guys like Macross 7? you guys are dumb"

regardless of how ridiculous m7 show is, I still managed to watch all of them as a completist (not toy-completist as I dont have the $$ to spend on all of em! haha)

the song are pretty good and I enjoyed them (esp 7th moon)

Not to derail the conversation any further...but it is ironic that the current/ongoing Phalanx/Spartan thread started similarly with the initial release of the VF-19 Sound Booster.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35060&page=1

There must be something about destroids and Fire Bomber that get fans all riled up.... :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_600_6094.jpg

Want! on those figures! But I'd love a Viffida on her drum set.

Yep...holding the 80's style ghetto boom box just doesn't feel the same! ^_^

gallery_12176_600_56986.jpg

Make it happen EXO!!! :)

gallery_12176_640_644214.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Yes, Jvmacross, those are the figures I was talking about. Also, I found the photograph I took back at the November 2011 Yamato Showroom event. I think the focus is a little sharper so you can see more details.

Notice also the VF-0D plans peeking out from the side. I didn't upload this pic because we were not allowed to, but I suppose it's OK now.

post-1318-0-88008300-1397256729_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-98104200-1397256753_thumb.jpg

If it comes with the FB figures, I will buy one.

If it comes with Speaker Pod Gamma, I will buy at least one.

If they promised production of a VF-11MAXL and a VF-17T Custom if they sold enough, I would buy quite a few just for that chance.

But otherwise, I'm not sure. Even as a huge M7 fan, it will be hard to justify unless the price is right, as I already have the Yamato one - and as has been noted, if I wanted another, it's not like they're hard to find right now.

Yes, Jvmacross, those are the figures I was talking about. Also, I found the photograph I took back at the November 2011 Yamato Showroom event. I think the focus is a little sharper so you can see more details.

Notice also the VF-0D plans peeking out from the side. I didn't upload this pic because we were not allowed to, but I suppose it's OK now.

Battle 7 line art?.....

post-12176-0-07197900-1397259281.jpg

I see a Battle 7 over there!! Was it also a hint?? :D

Edit: Damn Jv you are fast! :lol:

From that image:

VF-19P > Checked

VF-4G > Checked

VF-17 & Fast Packs > Checked

VF-0D > Production Stage

QF-3000E > Not checked

VF-1J Max & Miria Re-issue > Not checked

Battle 7 > Not checked

Macross Bicycle > Wut??

Edited by charger69