Official Toy Transformation Instructions Thread

1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok will add these two now. Was not active at this board for a while so sorry if it takes long.

It's all good - I/we appreciate the links/videos that you and everyone are providing to this thread.

-b.

I just book mark it. When the toys for the new tv series comes out I want to see it populated with all the TF instructions for quick reference so I know what to look for in case I wreck the thing. Some toys I have left in one mode for so long I have forgotten how to transform them.

I probably won't bother with smaller and cheaper toys. Just the masterpiece grade ones. But if you think something is particularly complex and expensive despite being small, I think it would be useful to add them too. Some people have big chunky hands and are destined to wreck stuff no matter how careful they act.

Sometime a toy might be so tight in the joints and the transformation hinges that you try to apply force and it won't budge. then you wonder if it was supposed to move at all. These videos give you indication which parts really move and which are not supposed to move. Not all toys are fun to transform. Some require some guessing. That's what I use it for.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. Didn't know my Arcadia YF-19 video is already linked here. Thanks! :)

Sorry if there's no audio since YouTube muted it for containing a copyrighted music.

Anyways enjoy and hope it helps a lot. ;)

• 2 months later...

*bump* I just added jenius' and VF5SS's vids of the bandai chogokin yf-30 being transformed. Good work making those vids guys. Getting to see it touched is a whole different thing than a static pic. hehe

Hopefully bandai milk that mold so I can buy recolored ones. Wonder if the other weapon it is rumoured to be able to attach to the back gets announced? Would love a special release with all options in one package.

• 2 months later...

Thanks jenius for this amazing SV-51 transformation video and toy review.

Since I don't have the SV-51 myself it is really nice to see the transformation of the toy and the sheer massiveness of it in 1080p. :)

Side question. Did the SV-51 get a nickname in Macross Zero?

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

added the sv-51 ivanov transfomation vid by jenius to the links in the first post.

I haven't transformed my sv51 in a very long time. Good to see these vids to jog my memory. The sheer size of this mech is quite intimidating along with its clawed feet and pointy spikes. Very evil looking. The stand is often bashed for taking up space but for a fighter this size, it suits it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Done. Added the 1/48 VF-1S guide.

Keep me updated by putting guides here for when all the newer toys get them and I will add those too.

I wonder if one day Arcadia does 1/48 v2 (about the size of what VF-0 toy is) with all the things 1/60 v2 line had? (more balanced proportions in each mode)

I felt the 1/48 was still superior to 1/60 in some areas like the FAST PACK attachment for example.

Every time I see "Sandman", I think of the guy on youtube with that username that does the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) videos that speaks about western women being entitled and how you need to survive by hiding all the money you saved up if you wish to be happy person.

lol Every day he posts a new video with a robotic voice explaining female manipulation tactics. XD Welcome to MWB. Keep making those videos Sandman. The subtle 'jedi mind tricks' of the gold digging monkey-branching hoes can't affect me. (my wallet belongs to the valks)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...