I'm looking for pics of the GU-11 gun-pod for the VF-1X/P. Google was infriendly.

Greg

http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3.html

Never quite did get around to putting a redirect onto the main index page to bounce traffic to the M3 main page... you should find what you need under the SDF:M or DYRL sections.

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to the update to the database.

My bad though, I actually meant the GU-11D that is shown on page 099 in the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Valkyrie part 2.

Thanks again,

Greg

You mean the one pictured here? (scroll down to the "GU-11D 55 mm TRI-BARREL GUN POD:" section):

http://sketchleytranslation.host-ed.me/Stats/Statistics/VF-3000/VF-3000.php#ARMAMENTS

If so, then it's the VF-3000's gun pod, and was retconned by the VFMF writers as a later model VF-1 gun pod.

Edited by sketchley

I like that the VFMF writers are trying to bring these lesser known designs to the forefront and give them backgrounds and stories that they wouldn't otherwise get.

However, sometimes they get things wrong (some of the underwing munitions for the VF-19), or end up with some just plain weird interpretations that have no precedent (the above and below FAST packs in the latest book). That said, I think they got the GU-11D just right - logical, and not unbalancing to what's gone before and comes after.