NEW MACROSS TV SERIES ANNOUNCED!

Tochiro

Already happened in Mac7.

Now if they want to be sure to kill, then they need to load up all of their missiles with pineapples. Heck, they can even have lethal and non-lethal variants. The lethal ones have pure pineapple salad while the non-lethal versions simply use pineapple cake.

Except you forgot that Ozma was unaffected by the pineapple cake.

Actually that's a great idea: How about a main female character pilot this time around (no, Alto does not count). That'd shake things up a little.

Hell we haven't had a female ace since, I dunno. Mac II I guess?

I'm continuing to set my sights low so as not to be disappointed.

I felt that Nora Polanski was pretty ace, but she was on the other side and not a main "Hero".

Just when I had given hope for another series in whatever format for another 3-4 years at least this news comes thru.

I know, right? I just finished rewatching Frontier over Spring Break, and when I got done, all I could think of was, "we're not getting a new Macross anytime soon?" Glad to be wrong. My Macross itch has been itching badly of late.

Here's hoping for M7 references. If just to give the forums a chance to spontaneously burst into singing Totsugeki Love Heart like we used to back in 2008.

I'm hoping we get more references from Plus. We didn't get enough during Frontier.

The Idol concept is a key part to the series,it'll never leave the show. They could scale back as MacF was very Idol focused. If they go back to say Minmay levels that would be perfect. good amount of songs with equally good amount of drama,action and tension,perfect balance.

I hope that they make the whole idol thing to be something bad. Like the government controlling how idols are made and marketed and used. Kind of like what they did with Jamming Birds, but this time sinister.

I hope that they make the whole idol thing to be something bad. Like the government controlling how idols are made and marketed and used. Kind of like what they did with Jamming Birds, but this time sinister.

You mean like how Leon used Ranka in the TV series?

OH MY STARS & GARTERS!!!!!!!!

This is Frikkin Awesome! I am going to have a smile on my face all weekend long!

You mean like how Leon used Ranka in the TV series?

Kinda, but I felt Jamming Bird was a better example since they were created by the military, where as Leon took an already formed idol and used her for government work. Would like to see a Macross series where the government effectively runs the whole idol/music process.

It would be nice to see Macross return to have more realistic dog fights again, a la Yukikaze and Zero.

While the dog fights were pretty nice to watch in Frontier, I felt they lacked the over the top missle spam Macross is known for, nor were they as believable as the kinda fights you see on Zero, DYRL or Plus.
But as this will likely be Bandai funded, I guess there's a high chance they will be following the Frontier success formula...

They should go Robot Girls Z route, instead... :D

hahahah ...nahhh :p

that little promo made me excited again. damn teasers.

what if it is set after MacF and shows Alto as a Vajra king, hes like fused half beetle and half kabuki.

seriously though, I would like to see another female ace in the show,like Milia or Nora. For the Idols,i think one will be sufficient. If its set after MacF I can bet we will get alot more VF-30 exposure.

hahahah ...nahhh :p

that little promo made me excited again. damn teasers.

what if it is set after MacF and shows Alto as a Vajra king, hes like fused half beetle and half kabuki.

seriously though, I would like to see another female ace in the show,like Milia or Nora. For the Idols,i think one will be sufficient. If its set after MacF I can bet we will get alot more VF-30 exposure.

Or another colony...

SPOILER ALERT ON THAT VIDEO!!! Jeesh, why watch the show now.

I hope they have bad guys with personalities in this one. Frontier's bad guys left a lot to be desired.

What spoiler? All it showed was the previous series' and the dates that they came out....?

Although they fact that they included Macross II in there is very worrying for me as in my opinion it not only SUCKED ASS, but the Valks also looked like CRAP as well.

Hhhhmmmmm, how about a succesful, independent, cute, pink haired VF Pilot and her on again off again relationship with a David Coverdale looking Rocker Boyfriend...

Here is some inspiration:

...Runs from the room before being lynched.

Peeks back in... Anyways I am open to anything at this rate, although switching the male female roles could be an interesting change up. Focusing on a colony planet instead of a colony fleet could be interesting. Well, I am going to try not to get my hopes settled on any one thing & take what I can get. This has really made my weekend.

What spoiler? All it showed was the previous series' and the dates that they came out....?

Although they fact that they included Macross II in there is very worrying for me as in my opinion it not only SUCKED ASS, but the Valks also looked like CRAP as well.

Sarcasm my friend.

A Japanese site "ほらみぃ" will translate you guys' posts, yeah, including mine into Japanese and introduce them to its subscribers sooner or later. :)

I am looking forward to reading Japanese fans' comments.

Wish List:

1. I want clear reoccurring villains with personalities.

2. A hero in training who becomes a real male remodel. Christ sake Basara was more manly than Alpo, Luca & Michael combined.

Yes it has been confirmed that Kawamori will not be involved as Big West has trapped him at the bottom of a very deep well. The only thing that can save him is the power of Aquarion's Mugen Punch.

Kawamori not involved...I wonder is that goor or bad?

man i'm so happy this is going to happen. i am of two hearts on what i want this to be. part of me years for something completely new....whether it be set it the far flung future post frontier or some story between plus and 7. another part of me is itching for a truly modern retelling of the original story. let's face it sdfm and dyrl are the best of any macross series or movies. it perhaps deserves a modern update, reboot in the same vane as 2199. also with the macross clearly in the pic in that tv spot....i'd say this is most likely. that being said i'd welcome it with open arms. macross is ready for a reboot and new fans. i'd like it to be more "realistic", have more developed characters and subplots. think modern BSG type of space opera but in a rebooted macross universe. i doubt that will happen though. also perhaps new themes and motifs are in order. How many times can we do love triangles, idols etc. (then again i'm perferctly happy with the traditional macross motifs in the case of a retelling/reboot so long as you add something additinal and new)

interesting thought: you know....attack on titan could totally be a prequel to macross. i mean its been said that the protoculture visited earth before and advanced our technologies and evollution. who is to say the titans aren't prototypes of what eventually became the zentran? haha.

Kawamori not involved...I wonder is that goor or bad?

looking at history we got mac II out of that....was that also bandai sponsored? if kawamori is not involved that does lend itself to play to less cliched (by now) motifs. then again if its a reboot, i'm sure they won't stray too far from the original. i hope the project is done with love and passion and not just a cash grab from the involved parties.