NEW MACROSS TV SERIES ANNOUNCED!

Tochiro

マクロスTV新作シリーズ、始動!特報映像!!!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/wkvadQcTPgU/

I can't watch the video. Seems that 土豆 is not available outside of the mainland China; 簡体字 is used, and it's not in Hong Kong or Taiwan, right?

Well, and once again. Translate what you want to tell into English, please

think outside the box ay? what if...they embue the missiles with music? MUSIC BULLETS

Already happened in Mac7.

Now if they want to be sure to kill, then they need to load up all of their missiles with pineapples. Heck, they can even have lethal and non-lethal variants. The lethal ones have pure pineapple salad while the non-lethal versions simply use pineapple cake.

Synopsis:

AD 2057.

A rare event! 3 Macross fleets intersect on the edge of the outer rim. A month long nexus planned decades ago, before saying goodbye for deeper exploration. A grand festival has been in the works for quite sometime. Each of the fleets will be showing off their ace pilots and customized/divergent Valkyries (think Macross: The Ride), in explosive demonstrations and technical squadron maneuvers. This is a chance to swell each fleets knowledge base and shared experience from their time apart since setting off before parting ways, on course, through the outer rim. Corporate sponsors, and military contractors all have reputations to uphold, and their partners back home are always looking to get more support for their R/D departments from the N.U.N.S...

Civilians among the fleets are also gearing up for a concert to be remembered. Reigning idols from each of the fleets will each have a showcase week of concerts and public tours before combining for a joint concert the eve of the last day...

Each of the Macross fleets have their secrets and flaws, but members of one of the massive fleets know the true meaning of this temporary union...

Just saying......

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Synopsis:

AD 2057.

A rare event! 3 Macross fleets intersect on the edge of the outer rim. A month long nexus planned decades ago, before saying goodbye for deeper exploration. A grand festival has been in the works for quite sometime. Each of the fleets will be showing off their ace pilots and customized/divergent Valkyries (think Macross: The Ride), in explosive demonstrations and technical squadron maneuvers. This is a chance to swell each fleets knowledge base and shared experience from their time apart since setting off before parting ways, on course, through the outer rim. Corporate sponsors, and military contractors all have reputations to uphold, and their partners back home are always looking to get more support for their R/D departments from the N.U.N.S...

Civilians among the fleets are also gearing up for a concert to be remembered. Reigning idols from each of the fleets will each have a showcase week of concerts and public tours before combining for a joint concert the eve of the last day...

Each of the Macross fleets have their secrets and flaws, but members of one of the massive fleets know the true meaning of this temporary union...

Just saying......

We all know the true meaning........ :rolleyes:

ep35_loli_warera_conda_sell_models.png

I like this quote from TFW-forum macross-thread:

referring to Kawamori's recent mecha-styling shenanigans..

:lol:

I think what he means by this is not the actual fighter itself but the style of paint scheme on the 25's. They do have a lot of silly swooshes/etc... like a pair of sports shoes.

ChaoticYeti's idea isn't bad really. For my money either the story of the very first colonized planet (which would satisfy people who want to be planet-side plus use older mecha) or some sort of space civil-war (which has been hinted at in Frontier) would both be interesting if done right.

I think what he means by this is not the actual fighter itself but the style of paint scheme on the 25's. They do have a lot of silly swooshes/etc... like a pair of sports shoes.

ChaoticYeti's idea isn't bad really. For my money either the story of the very first colonized planet (which would satisfy people who want to be planet-side plus use older mecha) or some sort of space civil-war (which has been hinted at in Frontier) would both be interesting if done right.

I'd like to see fleet vs fleet.

Don't think it's just paint-schemes...

from http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/101574-macross-thread-3869.html#post10674442

No, no you're not. I'm just sitting here biting my tongue. I was going to make an athletic shoe remark, but I already used that one for the Alto 171. :lol

My personal tastes aside, I do think it's fantastic Bandai is making so many toys for the Frontier fans.

Now that I think about it a lot of Kawamori's more recent designs have all kind of looked like shoe's with arms and legs, some more than others like that Basquash thing....which confirms that Kawamori is basing all of his designs on shoes now. Calling it now.

Kawamori's Basquash mechs... :D

It would be cool if they re-animated SDFM with current technologies based upon Mikimoto's Mac First series.

Mac First updates the story without moving too far from the original. It also provides SK an opportunity to retcon the story to fit the current chronologies created by M0, M7 and MF as well as open the door to some new directions he wants to take the franchise in.

It would finally give BW total ownership over an animated SDFM series and a basis to legally challenge any international trademark rights issues.

I guess we'll see.

I think it'd be nice to have a serious female valk pilot. M2 had many problems, but Sylvie was cool. Klan was pretty badass, but that was undercut by the Loli aspect of her character.

It'd be refreshing, whether she's part of the triangle or not.

Actually that's a great idea: How about a main female character pilot this time around (no, Alto does not count). That'd shake things up a little.

Hell we haven't had a female ace since, I dunno. Mac II I guess?

I'm continuing to set my sights low so as not to be disappointed.

God I hope its a reboot. Macross is popular still, but nothing has come close to the original, or DYRL, which was the same story. Stick with the story, just make it breathtaking visually.

God I hope its a reboot. Macross is popular still, but nothing has come close to the original, or DYRL, which was the same story. Stick with the story, just make it breathtaking visually.

Yeah. A reboot.

of 7.

With Basara now as a moederedere blob or something...

Maybe the untold story of the brave, unsung heroes of Space War I...the Destroid units.....will finally be told!!!! :lol: They can delve into issues like depression, suicide, rampant alcoholism and the constant fear of death among the units....the target teen demographic would love it! ;)

.......of course, if this happened Bandai would probably still only release the Tomahawk mold, in 50 different paint schemes....but it would be DX!!!! :rolleyes:

I'd hope for a "gap-filling" story. Show us immediately after SDF:M---but NOT following the Megaroad etc! Could have first human colonization of other planets, discovering Eden, bringing Zentradis into society, etc. LOTS of stuff to show that we've never seen before.

All of which would be more interesting than "yet another pop-star saving humanity via singing", especially one set "a few years after Frontier".

They frankly skipped 2010-2040, but have really flushed out 2040-2060.

And you know what else that would mean?

MORE VF-4!!

Unfortunately, I doubt it would happen, mainly because it doesn't provide a good opportunity for a powerful, influential music act, which is really essential to Macross. If one had existed, it would have been referenced in anything taking place in the future (i.e., all of the other works aside from Zero). While I respect the idea that there isn't a strict canon, we do have a pretty solid universal timeline that contains all of the major events and major players and is pretty well reflected across the whole body of work, and adding a bunch of exciting stuff - particularly a new idol or band - in the middle kind of makes a mess of it.

think outside the box ay? what if...they embue the missiles with music? MUSIC BULLETS

If you had watched all of 7, then you would know that they already one-upped your idea. ;)

The first time I saw Macross I honestly did not know who Hikaru would end up with and whoever he chose I would understand, unlike 7, Zero and Frontier, you knew who the main character wanted all along

It's been said before but it bears repeating - the real triangle in 7 didn't involve Mylene at all. The real triangle was Basara - Sivil - Gigil.

The Idol concept is a key part to the series,it'll never leave the show. They could scale back as MacF was very Idol focused. If they go back to say Minmay levels that would be perfect. good amount of songs with equally good amount of drama,action and tension,perfect balance.

I'm not saying "remove the idol concept" I'm saying deconstruct it, as in "it seems it's cool from the outside but when you really become an idol you find out it sucks" or something like that. SDFM had interesting hints in that direction but I'd want it full blown.

(Come to think of it, if a reboot happens it might do *just that* with the later part of Minmay's story. Kawamori may have meant it all along back then, but Frontier seems to have nearly nothing of the kind - there it only sucks for an idol when you get betrayed or used).

Edited by Saruta

Hmm... A Macross Class could that be a hint?

We've spent much of late at the core of the galaxy maybe we are going back to Earth. Or maybe a nearby colony with a Macross class.

The defunct Macross VFX 3D had a Macross class. Maybe revisiting the concept..

Or maybe a megaroad class ship?

If it's Bandai-sponsored, maybe they'll do like Build Fighters and offer official same-day subs? Though Build Fighters is HEAVILY merch-driven.

I'd be fine with a super merchandise driven Macross show about kids fighting other kids with toy robots.

Great !! I really think it´s time for Kawamori to tell us about Hikaru, Misa and Minmay fate, I mean "The Mega Road 01 Story"...Just imagine to meet Hikaru & Misa kids, and finally to know if Minmay found her real love after deception, everything happening in a new universe exploration adventures..And what about discovering why the Megaroad 01 cut transmissions when arriving the center of galaxy...please please kawamori close the circle !!!!!

Oh please no. There is nothing left to tell about Hikaru, Misa and Minmay.

... you can always know what hapened to Rick Hunter. :lol::lol:

Edited by akt_m