NEW MACROSS TV SERIES ANNOUNCED!

Tochiro

My issue with any new series with characters that are in previous series would be any potential changes in voice actor. If they do Megaroad, Hikaru will have a new VA, and most likely Minmei too. I know it's been done before with M30 and other games, but a TV series will be very different.

Great news!

May be that's why Bandai is taking do long to release the DX YF-30?? They may know something we don't

By the time this get out, Arcadia will have their version in pre-order... :lol:

Obviously I'll be happy with whatever kind of story they decide to do and after the success of Yamato 2199, the upcoming Origin, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Macross the First.

Having said that, I'd prefer a new story with new characters. See the Macross universe expanded even more and hopefully like Frontier get more people into Macross.

Great !! I really think it´s time for Kawamori to tell us about Hikaru, Misa and Minmay fate, I mean "The Mega Road 01 Story"...Just imagine to meet Hikaru & Misa kids, and finally to know if Minmay found her real love after deception, everything happening in a new universe exploration adventures..And what about discovering why the Megaroad 01 cut transmissions when arriving the center of galaxy...please please kawamori close the circle !!!!!

Haven't you been keeping up with Macross Chronicle... The circle is already closed.

I assume that they're a little tongue-in-cheek, but can somebody translate those little notes all around the photo?

Oh, and w00000t!!

HIKARU and MISA: "MACROSS!"

MINMAY: "ALL-NEW MACROSS"

MILIA (SDFM): "Really?"

MILIA (M7): "FINALLY!!!"

BASARA: "LET'S GO!!!"

BRITAI: "Congrats, damn miclones!"

HIKARU: "Is it true!?!"

MAX: "Keep your eyes on that monitor!"

Haven't you been keeping up with Macross Chronicle... The circle is already closed.

I´ve never had the chance to get one of these M Chronicles. How was the circle closed?

If the circle is already closed, it will always seem to be based on "rumors" since Macross chronicle Magazine is in Japanese language and has no easy access for the rest of the world fans...A real official canon climax should always be depicted in a TV series or at least in a movie...

Two words:

MORE TOYS

I hope for an all-new production rather than a reboot/remake of SDFM. But that said, I wouldn't mind a reboot/remake either, provided that they did it similar to how they adapted The Walking Dead from comics to TV -- specifically, keeping a lot of the significant plot points, but changing up characters, relationships, and taking different paths to arrive at the same points. I loved that approach, because the TV show felt familiar to readers of the comic, and yet was different enough that there were plenty of surprises to keep you in suspense.

Just when I had given hope for another series in whatever format for another 3-4 years at least this news comes thru.

I wonder if they'd be doing a full season or just the safer just 1-cour which is now the standard for the industry these days. I also hope they handle the pacing better this time around. Frontier started out great but then started to drag as it was approaching the finish line for, I don't know, reasons. They really fumbled the writing there when they really didn't need to. Great finish though.

At the very least this means the forum will be pick up pace again.

And Gubaba, I can understand your predicament. Japan is a great place but if you're not planning to set up roots, well... You're at least still young so you're still fine.

If the circle is already closed, it will always seem to be based on "rumors" since Macross chronicle Magazine is in Japanese language and has no easy access for the rest of the world fans...A real official canon climax should always be depicted in a TV series or at least in a movie...

Oh, come on...! what country do you think Macross is from...? Sketchley's an honest man.

Just think about it like it was Inception or (the original) Total Recall. No one reallllllly knows the true ending of the story, but it doesn't change how great the story was, nor does it really need to be specifically drawn out. Space is a big place. they disappeared.

Hell we can't find aircraft on earth that crash, imagine trying to find a ship the size of the megaroad in the Galaxy!

It's be like trying to find a Neutron in a Haystack, covered by a football field of sand.