Comic Con 2014

Hi guys, .....looks like I wont be able to make it to this years comic con. The good news for me is I have two friends that are going. The only problem is I don't know how to find out about all the comic con goodies for sale. I am looking for Halo action figures, Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars....anything macross of course. If someone could point me in the direction of how to find the goodies and where they might be located at the con that would be great. Depending on how much room they have, I could also ask them to get an item from for you. But that is a maybe cause I don't know how much time they will have to get me stuff. If they are able to ...they will get it to me and I will then ship it to you with a very minor extra fee going to them. Thanks for any help

Hi guys, .....looks like I wont be able to make it to this years comic con. The good news for me is I have two friends that are going. The only problem is I don't know how to find out about all the comic con goodies for sale. I am looking for Halo action figures, Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars....anything macross of course. If someone could point me in the direction of how to find the goodies and where they might be located at the con that would be great. Depending on how much room they have, I could also ask them to get an item from for you. But that is a maybe cause I don't know how much time they will have to get me stuff. If they are able to ...they will get it to me and I will then ship it to you with a very minor extra fee going to them. Thanks for any help

Hey dax, I'll be attending as well, but as stated above most exclusives are not announced until about a month or so before the event, sometimes a day before a certain day during con.

And did you mean ROBOTECH items or Macross? As far as I know, the only Comic Con exclusives imported from Japanese companies are the ones through BluFin (aka, the official Gundam kits distributors, who sometimes also do Toei merchandise like The Dragonball Z scouter). There have not been any Macross Comic Con Exclusives as far as I know, from previous years.

ROBOTECH however is a different branding, different merch, etc and I expect you can track their Con exclusives, if any, through their official websites

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd follow up on this. The SDCC2014 exclusive list has been posted:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014/exclusives

doesn't look like there's any Macross or Robotech exclusives... There weren't any last year for sale either-- just displays of those robotech plushies ( http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=robotech ) which were discontinued.... :< sadface. After pre-ordering a full set, I heard they were on sale again, but now I'm not sure.

Entertainment Earth will have MP Prowl and Sunburst, and Hasbro has the dinobot set, and sw black jabba the hut set.

Both lines suck so I hope your friends like lining up at the crack of dawn, especially for Hasbro. Good times, I've got my folding chair this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going. I don't think we'll hear about exclusives until about a month before the event. -

Hey Jenius, how was Comic-Con? I saw your latest blog post on the Toynami SD figures. Anything else you saw that looked interesting, incl. non-Macross related? I've always wanted to go but don't think I could ever stomach the crowds or the distance/cost.

Comic-con is awesome but there are intense crowds and a fair amount of waiting in line. I picked up an MP Sunstorm and Prowl (the Sunstorm review will probably go up tomorrow). The Sentinel toys look fantastic. I always take time to oogle at the Bandai Gundam display cases. Toynami had the Acid Rain toys at their booth which look really cool. Someone should make an anime and incorporate them. They also had their crazy expensive Voltron toys which was cool because I'd never seen them in person as well as the Tippet Ed-209 and Robocop 2 bad guy (Cain?). The Hot Wheels Darth Vader car (1:1 scale) was awesome. I had lots of fun drinking with friends around the convention also during off hours. Kevin Smith was entertaining as always although I don't know that I'm going to watch Tusk. Daniel Radcliff having to answer questions from people dressed as Harry Potter was pretty awesome. The new Gotham show seemed like it tried a little too hard to fit almost every Batman character I ever heard of into it. IZombie seems like it will be a good show for fans of Buffy. I do like that it's now acceptable to wear a yellow bikini with a tail attached to it and put some ears in your hair to cosplay as Pikachu. I also liked the shirt that said "pikachupacabra". "Let's Be Cops" will probably be a good stupid comedy. Maze Runner looked a little too dark for the teen set that should be its target demographic (no real romance element to draw in the ladies). I also now have a Star Wars light saber made via Origami. I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell.