• 2 weeks later...

Finished Jack Ryan on PRIME. Good series, thought the second season was way better than the first. Jon Krasinski is great but Wendell Pierce as Greer steals the show.

Currently watching SPACE FORCE on Netflix. Not super funny but it has its moments, kinda charming really. Steve Carrell is channeling his inner Michael Scott in it. That being said I expected it to be mocking the newly created SPACE FORCE but it ends up defending the idea really.

17 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Currently watching SPACE FORCE on Netflix. Not super funny but it has its moments, kinda charming really. Steve Carrell is channeling his inner Michael Scott in it. That being said I expected it to be mocking the newly created SPACE FORCE but it ends up defending the idea really.

Considering how this season ends, I'm hoping for a season 2. I think it got derailed due to the virus shutdown. 

Honestly this series is a lighter toned version of Mars, which is also on Netflix and a good watch.

Though I didn't watch the first two seasons of 13 Reasons Why I'm watching the final season with my wife. HOLY DERP! It takes the worst parts of high school and dials it up to 11. Plus most of the student actors look like they are 30, which they are in real life. WTF is with them dressing better than most adults I know and having tattoos too? Should change the title to TEEN ANGST PSYCHO HIGH!

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Though I didn't watch the first two seasons of 13 Reasons Why I'm watching the final season with my wife. HOLY DERP! It takes the worst parts of high school and dials it up to 11. Plus most of the student actors look like they are 30, which they are in real life. WTF is with them dressing better than most adults I know and having tattoos too? Should change the title to TEEN ANGST PSYCHO HIGH!

The first season was actually really good and the cast still looked young, the character Hannah Baker was like the whole reason for the show. in fact I was excited for Season 2. The 3rd installment is when they really started to take liberties & start to slowly chuck reality out the window, 

This final run was cringey for so many reasons, lots of wasted resources & potential for a satisfying finale. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 2 weeks later...

Ya really gotta admit, even though the videos are mostly all sped up, whoever the actual stunt pilots were for Airwolf AND the camera follow bird pilots really had some pretty BIG balls for some of those flying scenes!

That modified Bell 222 still looks TOTALLY wicked to this day! 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, TangledThorns said:
We finished the second season of OZARK on Netflix last night. It's a great series but does anybody here that watched it thinks it resembles BREAKING BAD?

There's definitely a Breaking Bad vibe to OZARK. Season 3 is probably the best IMO so far and if filming/production ever resumes Season 4 will be the last and what a finale it will be. 

I was just about to post the Beavis and Butt Head news myself.  Loved the show but I seriously doubt it will work for today.  I hope to be proven wrong about that.  Time to watch the movie again.  (which I ALSO thought would never work, feature length B&B - no way! - and I WAS happily wrong about that)

Edited by Dynaman

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I was just about to post the Beavis and Butt Head news myself.  Loved the show but I seriously doubt it will work for today.  I hope to be proven wrong about that.  Time to watch the movie again.  (which I ALSO thought would never work, feature length D&D - no way! - and I WAS happily wrong about that)

The original audience for Beavis and Butt-Head is now paying the cable streaming bills....so maybe there is some spare cash in between the Netflix, D+, HBO, Hulu, Amazon, etc bills! :)

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The original audience for Beavis and Butt-Head is now paying the cable streaming bills....so maybe there is some spare cash in between the Netflix, D+, HBO, Hulu, Amazon, etc bills! :)

I thought there was a short lived continuation a couple years back.  It either never happened or did so poorly nobody cared.  I sorta halfway remember seeing a little bit of it and not liking it - then again I could be misremembering the whole thing.

Some good shows I came across recently (though two have been out for a while already.

Those two are the Umbrella Academy,

A really fun romp of dysfunctional 'super heroes' as they battle more of their own personal demons as well as the coming apocalypse. Four days and counting... I recommend it! Season Two should be out shortly.

The other is Hanna,

Based on the movie of the same name with Saoirse Ronan, it successfully expands on the original, adding a lot sub-pllots and altering some character motivations. Esme Creed-Miles is just great as the lead, and Joel Kinnaman, whom I last saw in Altered Carbon, is a great Erik Heller. Liked him better than the movie version, though they are very similar. And of course, a stand-out villain played by Mireille Enos. Season Two comes out in under a month.

And I just started watching Warrior Nun.

Just a few eps in and I was a little iffy at first. It looks good, but there were some moments where it felt a little b-grade. But! The lead played by Alba Baptista is fun and quipy and carries it off well, there are a number of good twists and turns, and is has some very nicely choreographed fight scenes. Five eps in and I have to keep from binging!

Edited by Thom

Yeah! Season 1 of The Umbrella Academy was a lot of fun. I've been picking up the graphic novels while waiting for the next installment. 

Here's the thread I made for the show.  

Hanna is already on my Amazon "to watch" list, but I don't know much about it or the original movie so I'll be going in fresh. Is the original movie required viewing? Will have to check out Warrior Nun after that trailer. It looks...interesting. :huh: At least, I like the monster hunting aspect. But before I get to it, I need to finish season 3 of Dark. I'm about half way to the end.

Edited by technoblue

14 hours ago, technoblue said:

Hanna is already on my Amazon "to watch" list, but I don't know much about it or the original movie so I'll be going in fresh. Is the original movie required viewing? Will have to check out Warrior Nun after that trailer. It looks...interesting. :huh: At least, I like the monster hunting aspect. But before I get to it, I need to finish season 3 of Dark. I'm about half way to the end.

Not watching the movie doesn't deprive of anything, as season one of Hanna is a reboot of it. The series has a lot of similar plot points, although its expands and ads its own as it goes along. Both were enjoyable, though as you would expect there were some aspects of one that I preferred more than in the other, and vise versa.

Dark and Hannah are on my list for sure. I binged the four part Jeffrey Epstein Filthy Rich documentary on Netflix yesterday. Yikes...what a nut case!  Good watch actually. Definitely some shady sh*t going on behind the scenes of that whole debacle! 

Edited by derex3592

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

....so did the trailers for Prometheus...<_<

So, so, true.

And that's exactly why I'm tempering my expectations. Ridley hasn't exactly been hitting it out of the park lately.

-b. 

The Alien franchise has been beleaguered for a while, and retconning from what was started in the first movie in the way that Prometheus and Covenant went didn't help, even if it was done by Ridley.

This being an entirely different story, I'd say go into it with fresh eyes. Ridley Scott has a great reputation and the story looks good. In fact, it reminds a bit of the Netflix movie, 'Mother,' only carried a little further.

5 hours ago, Thom said:

The Alien franchise has been beleaguered for a while, and retconning from what was started in the first movie in the way that Prometheus and Covenant went didn't help, even if it was done by Ridley.

This being an entirely different story, I'd say go into it with fresh eyes. Ridley Scott has a great reputation and the story looks good. In fact, it reminds a bit of the Netflix movie, 'Mother,' only carried a little further.

You want a good ALIEN experience? Play ALIEN: Isolation. You're welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...