9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone following The Outsider?  Wow...talk about a cliffhanger...and it's not even the last episode of the season!  Guess I'll be keeping HBO...8)

Sadly, something tells me there will be no more trips to the TT bar in season 2....;) LOL!

WTF did I just watch? Man...I must be getting old..

electric indigo and 505thAirborne:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you both for pointing out "End of the F***ing World" upthread. I missed this one last year and decided to check it before starting in on "I am not Okay With This." The shorter episode format helps.

Wow! The first season is such a fun spin on an accidental Bonnie and Clyde adventure wrapped with modern teenage humor and angst. Finished it last night, and now it's on to season two to see where things go from here. A solid recommend, especially to anyone else who missed the Netflix debut.

22 minutes ago, technoblue said:

electric indigo and 505thAirborne:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you both for pointing out "End of the F***ing World" upthread. I missed this one last year and decided to check it before starting in on "I am not Okay With This." The shorter episode format helps.

Wow! The first season is such a fun spin on an accidental Bonnie and Clyde adventure wrapped with modern teenage humor and angst. Finished it last night, and now it's on to season two to see where things go from here. A solid recommend, especially to anyone else who missed the Netflix debut.

You're welcome! Episode 1 season 2 of "End of the F***ing World" has a few awesome HOLY SH-T moments. Jessica Barden is a total delight, she plays a total dark character in the show yet when you see the out-takes she's a total goofy dork... which I love! 

"I am not ok with this" is also really good and season 2 is already being filmed. :D

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

You're welcome! Episode 1 season 2 of "End of the F***ing World" has a few awesome HOLY SH-T moments. Jessica Barden is a total delight, she plays a total dark character in the show yet when you see the out-takes she's a total goofy dork... which I love! 

"I am not ok with this" is also really good and season 2 is already being filmed. :D

This is why I'll always, always keep Netflix going, there's a steady stream of quality, original content always coming out. I wasn't going to check out End of the F***ing World right away, but I'm so glad I did because I loved it, I've done that with several Netflix originals, you never know until you watch :). 

On that note, season 2 of Kingdom releases next week, an absolutely brilliant, well made and acted, Korean zombie series, also on Netflix of course :). Highly recommended, really great stuff, far superior to Walking Dead IMO, but that's not exactly a hard task. It takes place in feudal Korea, apparently based on a Korean comic called Land of the Gods, once again, highly recommended even for those with zombie fatigue. 

For the most part, I really enjoyed the first season of The Outsider, however, the last episode was anticlimactic.....especially coming off of the crazy cliffhanger on the previous episode....guess I'll look to see what they come up with during Season 2...assuming there is one

• 3 weeks later...

I binged watched the Epix channel's War Of The Worlds tv series over the weekend. You ever watch a show that you want to like, but in the end it leaves you disappointed? That's kind of how I feel about this show. The acting and directing are good. The sound design really stands out both in ramping up the eeriness and tension, but the writing just isn't there. This show was at it's best when it was copying Walking Dead's formula of following survivors of the attack trying to reunite and just survive.

By episode six(of eight total) the wheels kind of fall off as the writers try to ramp up the tension artificially by having characters enter into conflicts with each other that could have been avoided if you know, just explained things to each other. This episode also has one of the most out of touch self indulgent lines I have ever seen in a show like this.

Mild spoilers below...

The "aliens" in the show have pretty much wiped out all of humanity with a brain wave emp pulse bomb that killed anyone above ground in seconds and are now trying to use robotic dog like drones to finish off the survivors. A scientist thanks to his ex-wife has managed kill and capture one of the drone dogs and is dismantling it looking for a way to kill them all in revenge for his son being killed by them.

There's blind girl in his group of survivors who somehow has a connection to the "aliens" and can now see again. She also has the ability to sense the "aliens" "pulse" when they are nearby, has visions induced by them, and seems to have limited control over the drones that have been unleashed. 

When the scientist asks her about the abilities seeking any way to stop the "aliens" she gets super whiny and defensive saying "They're scared and just want to live!" Refusing to help if it means killing the "aliens". Yeah I'm pretty sure the humans that are now rotting in the streets wanted to live too you pretentious b****.[/spoiler]

More heavy spoilers and speculation on where I think this show is going in season two...

Throughout the entire series the scientist guy keeps commenting that the "aliens" know humanity better than they know themselves. The emp pulse brain fryer was keyed to match human brainwaves perfectly, the dog drones are programmed to specifically hunt human DNA and look a lot like the dog drones the US Military is developing while their ships use human radio signals to navigate. If you've noticed by now I've used quotes on the word "aliens", the reason is the "aliens" are actually humans.

The big reveal in the season finale is the blind girl following the signal she keeps hearing and boards an alien ship to confront them and it's what I guess is a future version of herself(they have the same wrist tattoo) looking like a cancer patient strapped to a life sustaining pod.

I'm almost certain this series second season is going to explain that the "War Of The Words" is humanity from an ecologically destroyed future world going back in time to euthanize humanity leaving only certain humans with specific DNA still alive. The "aliens" main motivation so far seems to be to get the blind girl to boink another survivor, this one a french semi-autistic punk born from incest that might have multiple sclerosis. The show also repeatedly makes points on the "aliens" targeting humans not any other animals or plants, and how nature is reclaiming the earth. Definately feels like they're going for that pretentious nature good/humanity bad/carbon footprint political tripe the  hollywood elite have been pushing lately.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I will admit that I do remember funny things from The Office...but Micheal is just sooooo awkward that it wasn’t funny. He was just too cringey and uncomfortable that I couldn’t watch it anymore. I only got through, I think, the first 2 seasons before I couldn’t watch it anymore. The Jim and Dwight stuff is great though.

Chris

Well I finished up Season 4 of The Expanse this week. WOW. I'm now a huge fan! Season 3 and 4 had some amazing CGI, some of the best I've seen. I wasn't watching in 4K either sadly.  The writing was better once Amazon took over in Season 3 and 4 I thought, things moved along at a better pace.  Almost gave up after Season 1, but now I realize they were "solar system building" for the rest of the series.   Totally ready to see where they take it in Season 5!  Thanks for the recommendation on that one guys! 

P.S. Avesarala and Amos are my two favorite characters, followed up by Bobby the Martian Marine girl. She's :wub:!

• 3 weeks later...

Seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix. This was never on m list to watch but I'm glad I did, the trailer is opposite of how the show plays out. It's far more of a dark series with twist & turns long before it's a comedy. There's a hint of Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul in there plus just being it's own show. It's worth a watch. 

On to season 3.  

For fans of  mocumentary style shows like “the Office” I’d recommend “What We Do in the Shadows” all episodes are available on Hulu. The show is freaking hilarious.

Chris

14 hours ago, Graham said:

Just finished binge watching Dead to Me season 2 on Netflix with my wife this weekend. I hope there will be a season 3.

Now watching Colony season 3 on Netflix.

I recommend (For you & your wife) the series on Netflix "Good Girls". I flipped a coin whether or not to watch it and I knocked out the first two seasons in like 4 days. B))

On 5/6/2020 at 7:54 AM, Dobber said:

For fans of  mocumentary style shows like “the Office” I’d recommend “What We Do in the Shadows” all episodes are available on Hulu. The show is freaking hilarious.

Chris

Yeah What We Do in the Shadows is probably my favorite new comedy series in years, it's hilarious episode after episode. Also, check out the movie if you haven't seen it, it's by Taika Waititi, him and the vamps from the film were in last seasons council episode, which was also absurdly hilarious.

I think last nights episode was my favorite episode of the series so far, Jackie Daytona was frakking hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah What We Do in the Shadows is probably my favorite new comedy series in years, it's hilarious episode after episode. Also, check out the movie if you haven't seen it, it's by Taika Waititi, him and the vamps from the film were in last seasons council episode, which was also absurdly hilarious.

I think last nights episode was my favorite episode of the series so far, Jackie Daytona was frakking hilarious. 

Yup! I love how it seems like they are clueless but it ends up being true....like Lazlo’s unrecognizable disguise! :lol:

Chris

27 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Finished GOTHAM on Netflix last night. It was a fun series. Robin Lord Taylor as Penguin made it even better, he owned that role!

Are all of the seasons of Gotham on Netflix?