• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I just finished off episode six. I don’t know if I like this show or not, it’s very uncomfortable and slow paced and even though it seems like a comedy it’s more of an absurd drama but the story kinda has me wanting to see where things go. It’s definitely an oddity for a full series and it’s so simplistic that it could have easily been done as a live action show. I’ll probably end up finishing it and might not be able to decide if it’s great or terrible by the end, it’s definitely a unique feel for an adult animated series 

I think I’ve decided that I really like Fired on Mars. The first few episodes are definitely kind of a downer and slow paced. But things really kinda pick up and start to come together later on. The last two episodes have actually built up a sense of suspense that I don’t think I’ve felt from an animated series, let alone an American animated series.it’s also a show where I don’t really know what’s going to happen since a lot of the plot seemed to revolve around failure rather than success. But I get the feeling that the main character may have figured out how to deal with failure, either that or things are really gonna blow up in his face.

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

Anyone  else keeping up on BARRY?

I watched the first three episodes of this season, but haven’t had time to finish what’s available yet. I just haven’t had much time for tv lately. I’m oddly hooked on Fired on Mars, which is a show that I wasn’t too sure on and the lady of the house has me watching Beef with her. 
the shows I’m most excited for are the return of Venture Brothers and Futurama. I think bot shows are returning this summer 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:42 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Anyone  else keeping up on BARRY?

Oh yes, absolutely!

Spoiler

Interesting to see the time-jump was real, I half-expected it to be a fake-out and we'd see it was a dream sequence or something, but nope, we're certainly in the endgame now. Bill Hader continues to impress, he's an incredible actor and director, I'm interested in seeing his upcoming horror film. 

Finally watched the second (and last) season of Carnival Row. Very well done and certainly packs a lot into ten episodes. Actually a shame there won't be a third, but that they wrapped up all the major story lines means that the viewer is not left hanging. I'm looking at you Warrior Nun!

Edited by Thom

So, finished the third (and possibly, final) season of Ted Lasso and took some time to let it sink in.

Season 3 had some funny scenes and those signature “kick you in the feels” moments.

But it is fair to say that some of Season 3 felt a bit uneven.  Even with the longer runtimes, Nate’s arc could have used an extra scene or two to better connect the dots and the plot through lines.  Also, Keeley’s story sometimes felt a little too disconnected from everything else.

But overall, it ended fairly well.

Season 2 was definitely better, and I consider it one of the best seasons of a TV series I’ve ever watched.

Season 3 doesn’t hit that level consistently, but it still had its damn-good moments.

Edited by Mog

So how about the Barry finale? Holy crap, I loved it. So much to unpack, so many great moments and performances, damn, what an incredible show, and once again, Hader is brilliant, as an actor and director.

Spoiler

I loved the ending, it was brutal. I didn't expect Barry to go like that, but I also expected him to have one more massive shootout with Fuches and Hank's guys. Expectations were subverted throughout the episode, loved it. If Gene's dumbass would've just not killed Barry he would've copped to everything and Gene would've been off the hook, brutal. I liked seeing John at the end, he clearly knew he was watching bullshit with that absolutely hilarious "Mask Collector" movie, it was a schlocky, Hollywoodified bastardization of real events, as Hollywood tends to do, such great commentary throughout. And that rather chilling Walmart scene? Yikes, crazy motherfrakker comes in and just says "guns", walks out looking like he's going to the set of an Expendables movie, just fantastic, nobody batted a single eye, even the door greeter lady. Sally is clearly done with men in general, expected, understandable, but most of all that big final scene for old No-Ho Hank, the best, funniest character in the entire series IMO. Such a fantastic actor, such a great performance, Fuches pushed him too far, Hank just wanted his life with Cristobal, such a bummer. 

Loved it, I'll be starting Succession next now that it's also over, what are the odds three massive prestige series end in one week? Barry finale, Succession and Ted Lasso? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, Tking22 said:

So how about the Barry finale? Holy crap, I loved it. So much to unpack, so many great moments and performances, damn, what an incredible show, and once again, Hader is brilliant, as an actor and director.

Hide contents

I loved the ending, it was brutal. I didn't expect Barry to go like that, but I also expected him to have one more massive shootout with Fuches and Hank's guys. Expectations were subverted throughout the episode, loved it. If Gene's dumbass would've just not killed Barry he would've copped to everything and Gene would've been off the hook, brutal. I liked seeing John at the end, he clearly knew he was watching bullshit with that absolutely hilarious "Mask Collector" movie, it was a schlocky, Hollywoodified bastardization of real events, as Hollywood tends to do, such great commentary throughout. And that rather chilling Walmart scene? Yikes, crazy motherfrakker comes in and just says "guns", walks out looking like he's going to the set of an Expendables movie, just fantastic, nobody batted a single eye, even the door greeter lady. Sally is clearly done with men in general, expected, understandable, but most of all that big final scene for old No-Ho Hank, the best, funniest character in the entire series IMO. Such a fantastic actor, such a great performance, Fuches pushed him too far, Hank just wanted his life with Cristobal, such a bummer. 

Loved it, I'll be starting Succession next now that it's also over, what are the odds three massive prestige series end in one week? Barry finale, Succession and Ted Lasso? 

Finished the BARRY finale last night. Yeah, great series, excellent cast and pretty smart they kept it to less than 30 minutes too. Bill Hader was one of my favorites on SNL.