39 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I watched, most, of Disenchanted last night.  I wasn't expecting much since it was a straight to D+ sequel and the promos did not look interesting either.  The original was a great little Romp that made good fun of the genre.  This one tried to get the same magic back but misfires.  The songs were just not that interesting and dragged on IMHO.  Then near the end I just turned it off so I'm not exactly sure how it ends and will probably never know...

We'll watch it with my 8 year old daughter and see what she thinks.

4 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

So Macross?:D

More like early Babylon 5 (with songs instead of just talking).  All the interesting stuff happens off screen and the characters talk about it.  (not exactly - since very little interesting stuff happens).  In macross (the original) there is plenty of action to go with the singing.   Later Macross shows it varies.

So far I'm two episodes in and I'm trying my best to keep any interest with this one. I was looking forward to this but so far it's really weak on dialogue, characters feel wooden, the use of modern music doesn't fit & apparently in 1899 all Ocean liners were the same design as the Titanic. 

Hoping it gets better and it all comes together, 6 episodes to go. 

Wednesday is awesome, really enjoying it so far. Jenna Ortega was the right choice, I'll always be a Christina Ricci fan but Jenna is right up there. 

@Chunky001As long as "the message" doesn't go The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina levels, I'm good. B))

27 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Interestingly I though something was a little off with ep. 5. It seemed to have lost something. Then watched two more today. They were "off" too. Then I noticed Tim Burton only directed the first four episodes.:(

Hmmm, I'm only two episodes in. Gotta see this through! LOL

Also up to Ep 5 on Wednesday and I'm really liking it. Ortega is killing it as Wednesday!

As to the directors, if I hadn't been made aware I probably wouldn't have noticed when Burton stopped directing, as it is a pretty mild shift IMO. Looking forward to binging the rest tomorrow!

12 hours ago, derex3592 said:

...2 dudes yanking each other off through an iron gate....

I haven't seen it yet, so thanks for the spoilers!!

Just kidding. :D But really, sometime, tossing anything sexual into a plot just kills it. I was interested at first, but I keep forgetting that it's even out there. Maybe I'll give it a try if I can remember for more than five minutes that it even exists.

13 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Wife and I tried 1899 last week and got 3 episodes in and yeeeeh...NOPE.  Just don't want or need to see 2 dudes yanking each other off through an iron gate. LOL. Man, those crazy Germans...LOL. Just a bit tooooo out there for us and we like out there.

Thanks for the warning, I’ll put this on my “don’t need to see” list of movies.

14 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Wife and I tried 1899 last week and got 3 episodes in and yeeeeh...NOPE.  Just don't want or need to see 2 dudes yanking each other off through an iron gate. LOL. Man, those crazy Germans...LOL. Just a bit tooooo out there for us and we like out there.

And it's boring, I gave up by episode 4. 

21 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I managed to barely get through episode 2 and gave up.  I gave up after the 2 guys were making out.

Just finished Wednesday.

Spoiler

I had a feeling either Thornhill or Dr. Kinbott would wind up being the main baddie.

Fun little twists though.

Also, 

Spoiler

I didn’t realize that was Christina Ricci;  the big glasses and red wig threw me off.

5 hours ago, Dynaman said:

On the flip side you can always wait till a show is done and binge it anyway.  Unless the services start having viewing windows for their own shows.

Unfortunately you'll have to shelter yourself from all the hype talk for 10-some weeks. I can see Netflix doing this for their popular shows to keep the momentum running. 

5 hours ago, azrael said:

Unfortunately you'll have to shelter yourself from all the hype talk for 10-some weeks. I can see Netflix doing this for their popular shows to keep the momentum running. 

I've managed to do it with a number of shows,  it can be tempting to look at the Andor thread here for instance since I have not watched it yet but I manage.

7 hours ago, azrael said:

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I've managed to do it with a number of shows,  it can be tempting to look at the Andor thread here for instance since I have not watched it yet but I manage.

I've done that also, but sometimes it's just as hard to keep from being spoiled as it was easy to find out that Han died in TFA. (Some idiot posted a leaked image on a forum.) Plus, if there's a discussion going on, I can't join!

Personally, I love to binge and I still pay Netflix for their service every month. But, if they go to weekly rather than full season release at once, I may end up going intermittent with them as well as I do with others.

Don't shoot yourself int he foot 'flix!

Edited by Thom