4 hours ago, Big s said:

I guess she owes over ten million. From what I understand, if she wants to appeal the decision she has to come up with the cash first. I guess it’s some legal rule in that state. 

Makes sense. If your found guilty in a criminal case you do the time (or maybe get to stay out on bail in some cases) until the appeal. 

18 hours ago, Big s said:

Might be wort watching 

I read about this series a few months ago and then forgot all about it. 

Usually teaser trailers do nothing for me but this super quick clip has "Watch it" written all over it. Come on Burton, don't mess this up. :lol:

Heckuva season finale of BARRY on HBO Max. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in season 4.

Also started BOSCH: Legacy on Amazon's Freevee service. It hasn't skipped a beat from the original series however Freevee has commercials but thankfully they're not as long as broadcast nor as annoying at Hulu's ad-supported service.

Edited by TangledThorns

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Heckuva season finale of BARRY on HBO Max. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in season 4.

Also started BOSCH: Legacy on Amazon's Freevee service. It hasn't skipped a beat from the original series however Freevee has commercials but thankfully they're not as long as broadcast nor as annoying at Hulu's ad-supported service.

Legacy was pretty good but be prepared for the finale! Thankfully it has been renewed.

Chris

I had an idea for a USA based Squid Games with deadly games like the 'floor is lava' (Netflix already has a game show with that title btw) and dodge ball but the title would not be PC, lol. The title of the series was a ball game and if you grew up in the 1980s you probably know what game I'm referring to.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched First Kill, and it was actually pretty good. Romeo and Juliette meets vampires and monster hunters. Maybe a little too teen-soap a times, but entertaining.

And Legacies. Saw the first few episodes of season 1 and it's not bad. Has a Nancy Drew vibe and better special effects than First Kill.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched all available episodes of FX’s “The Old Man” on Hulu. Really great show and can’t wait for the next episode. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

5 hours ago, Dobber said:

Just watched all available episodes of FX’s “The Old Man” on Hulu. Really great show and can’t wait for the next episode. 

Chris

The Old Man is a good series, pacing can be slow at times but with Jeff Bridges & John Lithgow it all works out nicely. The next episode is the Season 1 finale. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:34 PM, 505thAirborne said:

My new favorite show.

I binged the whole thing Saturday night on a whim after Hulu recommended it to me, love it, great series! My Chicago buddy was quite vocal on the show not being true-to-Chicago all the time, but I'm okay with that, it was a solid show either way, I'm looking forward to season 2. 

On 7/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, Tking22 said:

I binged the whole thing Saturday night on a whim after Hulu recommended it to me, love it, great series! My Chicago buddy was quite vocal on the show not being true-to-Chicago all the time, but I'm okay with that, it was a solid show either way, I'm looking forward to season 2. 

Finished up season 1. Awesome show and can't wait for season 2. 

Spoiler

So here's my one big question... how did the money get inside those tomato cans?

After reading all the hot takes about Terminal List I finally checked it out myself and wrapped it up last night, I really liked it! There's almost nothing political about it, it doesn't really lean either direction, I don't understand how it's being labeled as an alt-right conservative wet dream, it's just a really good military thriller with a conspiracy background and an unreliable narrator. Pratt was great, it was nice to see him do something other then the ah schucks funny guy he literally always plays, he really nailed the roll, pretty brutal stuff, and his weapon handling was pretty on point. Pratt clearly put the time in to proper firearms training and I really appreciate that, Keanu did the same for John Wick and it shows, those films are great because of the clear knowledge and dedication he put in. Good on Chris Pratt, and Amazon for putting this out, too many people these days get all up in their feelings and just want everything homogenized, sometimes a spade is a spade, and sometimes a gritty action thriller is just that, and that's fine.