On 5/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, Dobber said:

Man Barry S3E2 was pretty bleak. 

Chris

Just started this season of Barry but f'ing forgot HBO Max doesn't release a full season altogether like Netflix does. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

So gonna start Moon Knight tomorrow as its already finished, lol.

8 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Just started this season of Barry but f'ing forgot HBO Max doesn't release a full season altogether like Netflix does.

A crime against humanity!!!:diablo:

One episode left to watch of Outer Range. Just as I suspected everything has been a slow buildup to the big reveal in the last episode (which I will watch tonight).

The big reveal better be incredible or I'm going to be ticked off. I hate it when they don't pay slow seasons off very well. From would be a good example of that.

I enjoyed Outer Range.

Danger, major spoilers inside. Don’t click if you want to watch the show spoiler free:

Spoiler

I had a notion early on that Autumn was linked to Rebecca somehow but I wasn’t able to guess that she was Amy. It seems tragic, given what we’re told about Autumn this season, especially since we see how she needs medication to remain stable as an adult. Not an uncommon thing but a stark change from her younger self. I can understand why some fans think it is a little suss.

Royal spilling the beans on his past was totally unexpected. I loved that.

Of course, Rebecca is still a mystery herself and the hole has created something of a conundrum with all the timey-wimey back and forth. I mean, if the future that Royal saw early in the season is still set (with the mining company moving in, with Perry back, and Billy alive), then I wonder how the timeline will resolve itself? 

The side story with Deputy Sheriff Joy Hawk, all the crap she’s putting up with to solve the Abbot/Tillerson case, and then we see how she follows the time sludge into far history when the character’s ancestors still roamed the valley—that was moving. This show brought quite a few moving scenes.

Anyway, I’m glad I got to see it. I’ll be tuning in for season 2. 

12 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Just like LOST, lol!

Not as bad as Lost......but Lost-y.:lol:

9 hours ago, technoblue said:

I enjoyed Outer Range.

Danger, major spoilers inside. Don’t click if you want to watch the show spoiler free:

Reveal hidden contents

I had a notion early on that Autumn was linked to Rebecca somehow but I wasn’t able to guess that she was Amy. It seems tragic, given what we’re told about Autumn this season, especially since we see how she needs medication to remain stable as an adult. Not an uncommon thing but a stark change from her younger self. I can understand why some fans think it is a little suss.

Royal spilling the beans on his past was totally unexpected. I loved that.

Of course, Rebecca is still a mystery herself and the hole has created something of a conundrum with all the timey-wimey back and forth. I mean, if the future that Royal saw early in the season is still set (with the mining company moving in, with Perry back, and Billy alive), then I wonder how the timeline will resolve itself? 

The side story with Deputy Sheriff Joy Hawk, all the crap she’s putting up with to solve the Abbot/Tillerson case, and then we see how she follows the time sludge into far history when the character’s ancestors still roamed the valley—that was moving. This show brought quite a few moving scenes.

Anyway, I’m glad I got to see it. I’ll be tuning in for season 2. 

I agree with all of the sub plots that you refer to being good or interesting. It's not like the show was horrible.

But...

There were a lot of sub plots that went nowhere. And most importantly the overall arching plot is a big fat WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! To me the season was a big fat build up to a nothingburger. Of course, if there is a season 2 I will watch it looking for the payoff. Which is probably all part of Amazon's evil plan to implant Alexa in my brain.:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I agree with all of the sub plots that you refer to being good or interesting. It's not like the show was horrible.

But...

There were a lot of sub plots that went nowhere. And most importantly the overall arching plot is a big fat WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! To me the season was a big fat build up to a nothingburger. Of course, if there is a season 2 I will watch it looking for the payoff. Which is probably all part of Amazon's evil plan to implant Alexa in my brain.:D

Indeed. The main conceit of the show is still a big question mark/mystery box. I understand the creative team is trying to normalize it with the feud between the families, but it’s not easy to force wave something of that magnitude. It’s obvious they want to hook their audience. My only concern is that this could turn into another Amazon Original like The Tick, which was fun and well done, but cut too short after just two seasons.

Spoiler

This season was focused more on world building and character moments. The creative team could bring that geologist back in—the one that Royal spoke to after swiping Autumn’s rock. It’s too bad they let that path hit a dead end this season.

The lack of exposition reminds me of the early days of Doctor Who. I guess I’m used to it with these stories that are built around time travel shenanigans. With DW, the timey-wimey stuff was accepted as a plot contrivance simply because the Doctor was an alien and had access to greater technology. The finer details were fleshed out later on.

I do hope Outer Range takes a moment to revisit its ‘why’ at some point. They don’t even have to explain all of it, just establish if the hole is something magical, supernatural, or scientific. For the moment, my hunch is that it may be more of a supernatural phenomena.

35 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Indeed. The main conceit of the show is still a big question mark/mystery box. I understand the creative team is trying to normalize it with the feud between the families, but it’s not easy to force wave something of that magnitude. It’s obvious they want to hook their audience. My only concern is that this could turn into another Amazon Original like The Tick, which was fun and well done, but cut too short after just two seasons.

Reveal hidden contents

This season was focused more on world building and character moments. The creative team could bring that geologist back in—the one that Royal spoke to after swiping Autumn’s rock. It’s too bad they let that path hit a dead end this season.

The lack of exposition reminds me of the early days of Doctor Who. I guess I’m used to it with these stories that are built around time travel shenanigans. With DW, the timey-wimey stuff was accepted as a plot contrivance simply because the Doctor was an alien and had access to greater technology. The finer details were fleshed out later on.

I do hope Outer Range takes a moment to revisit its ‘why’ at some point. They don’t even have to explain all of it, just establish if the hole is something magical, supernatural, or scientific. For the moment, my hunch is that it may be more of a supernatural phenomena.

Agreed. The could pay off the big picture. But unfortunately these days shows don't seem to last very long. The streaming business model is get people to sign up with the lurer of new shiny shows. Only the truly outstanding shows will see a 3rd or 4th season. And the second season of a lot of shows aren't even half of what the first season was. I don't blame the business model. Their job is to make money. But I get a feeling that corporate culture is to go all in on season 1 without a ton of thought to what they're going to do with season 2......because in a lot of cases they don't get one. Or the budget is cut and they just produce filler.

All that said I would love to see a season 2 where all of the little sub plots come together and the big picture is revealed in detail.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Good lord 1883 is absolutely incredible. It makes 95% of shows out there seem like they were made by a high school audio/visual club. The quality is absolutely off the charts.

Yeah, definitely a good find on Paramount+ but they really screwed up by giving Yellowstone to Peacock. But remember that Star Trek started on NBC too tho, lol.

I tried out the pentaverate and it’s very almost good at times. It tries and really is kinda dull. 
also been watching Kids in the Hall. Definitely still funny and has that weird creepy humor at times that made the old episodes great. They do play off the getting older thing well and now that they don’t have to worry about censorship the jokes are more pervy. Be warned, lots of dong. Although if you’re into that then I guess it’s a bonus 

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah, definitely a good find on Paramount+ but they really screwed up by giving Yellowstone to Peacock. But remember that Star Trek started on NBC too tho, lol.

The wifey pays for Peacock so I guess we're good when we start watching Yellowstone. I hear it's great.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

also been watching Kids in the Hall. Definitely still funny and has that weird creepy humor at times that made the old episodes great. They do play off the getting older thing well and now that they don’t have to worry about censorship the jokes are more pervy. Be warned, lots of dong. Although if you’re into that then I guess it’s a bonus 

I started watching it. Seems like The Kids In The Hall to me (a good thing). I love how they even took a poke at Amazon by saying it was making a deal with the Devil. They were always edgy. Love it.

The opening theme song zapped me back in time.........HARD. The 90's we're great.

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

The wifey pays for Peacock so I guess we're good when we start watching Yellowstone. I hear it's great.

I started watching it. Seems like The Kids In The Hall to me (a good thing). I love how they even took a poke at Amazon by saying it was making a deal with the Devil. They were always edgy. Love it.

The opening theme song zapped me back in time.........HARD. The 90's we're great.

Yeah, that theme really hit home. I didn’t realize how much I missed it.

I was absolutely dying of laughter with that post apocalyptic dj, stuck playing Brand New Key over and over with that absolutely horrific look of boredom and a mix of fear. That stupid song got stuck in my head all day afterwards 

I bailed a minute and fifty in, as I am tired of people complaining about Hollywood this and redo that and yadda yadda yadda, and just watched the SheHulk trailer instead. Looks silly and fun, and you know, that's what I want.:D

Edited by Thom

2 hours ago, Thom said:

I bailed a minute and fifty in, as I am tired of people complaining about Hollywood this and redo that and yadda yadda yadda, and just watched the SheHulk trailer instead. Looks silly and fun, and you, that's what I want.:D

I don’t remember she hulk being a serious character anyway. The drinker has valid points sometimes, but he’s usually drunk so you can’t take him serious.

Letterkenny spin-off Shoresy drops May 27th on Hulu, looks fantastic! Keeso apparently did a really good with this first season, many thought Shoresy wouldn't be enough to carry his own show, he's just not multi-demensional enough, but Keeso apparently pulled it off. I'm hyped, Letterkenny is absolutely one of my favorite comedies ever, this latest season was back to form IMO, better then the several previous seasons by far, and much closer to the older seasons. I'm excited to check it out, only six episodes is a bit of a bummer, but I'll take it! Keeso is hilarious, a great rider, dude just makes some great comedy overall, he's making Canada proud. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/shoresy-season-1-review-letterkenny-spinoff

I’m not paying to see it, but I hope that it has a real retro look. And hopefully it’s set in the late 60’s early 70’s and lots of horrible accidents happen to the other racers that barely gets a reaction from anyone 

Holy smokes. The ending of S6 E7 of Better Call Saul!:ohmy:

I'm sad this is the last season. Absolutely excellent show. Better than Breaking Bad IMO. One of the best shows on TV right now.

Finally polished off The Expanse last night. That's a heck of a ride. The fifth season started for me with some fatigue, but I quickly became engrossed again. Tokyo Vice a week or so before that has also been excellent, and I'm eagerly awaiting a second season.

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Tokyo Vice a week or so before that has also been excellent, and I'm eagerly awaiting a second season.

Out of nowhere the subtitles stopped working for me. I had to abandon the show.:(

I liked it.

On 6/1/2022 at 4:51 AM, TangledThorns said:

Finished OUTER RANGE on PRIME last night. Quirky show with hints of LOST, DARK and Twin Peaks though probably wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for Josh Brolin. Still, hope to see a second season soon.

It’s an interesting show with some of the worst decisions ever made. I still don’t get the thing about the baby bear or the grand daughter wanting to kill Roy. Maybe a second season will answer some of these questions.

and it was really creepy that that neighbor would give rides to the little girl and then made out with her as an adult in the most awkward make out session ever

Shoresy was short, but an easy 10/10 for me, hot damn what a hilarious show. Keeso made him into a full fledged character, not just the one-note mother frakking chirp-master he was on Letterkenny. Highly recommended, only 6 episode and they go fast, but it's a fun little ride, easily one of the greatest hockey-based shows or films I've ever seen, up there with the best for sure like Goon and Enforcer.