17 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Latest on that new B5 show with the CW being sold.  JMS is still optimistic but if I had to bet it is done.

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/babylon-5-reboot-delayed-due-to-the-sale-of-the-cw

This is possibly the best case scenario, B5 will now assuredly be saved from the stank of CW millenial soap opera syndrom.

So I watched the first three episodes of Vox Machina, and I don’t really much care for it. The animation is pretty good for American animation but the show has a mix of the humorous and the serious. I’m ok with that kind of mix in most shows but here the serious stuff feels super generic and dull and the humor is very cringy rather than funny. I kinda expected a bit more of the funny stuff, but they’re just not all that great with the jokes anyway.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

In what way?

In a good way. :D 

In all seriousness, though, a lot about the Mother character had me making comparisons to Rei Ayanami. She checks a lot of the same uncanny valley checkmarks. It's one of the highlights in a story that otherwise hasn't sucked me in that much yet. I'll give it another episode or two, maybe it'll grow on me.

I have a vague recollection of what you said, so my response might not be on point, but I found both of Mother's "outfits" so to speak to feel adequately artificial and uncanny. You might call it physical perfection compared to her anemic form or however you put it, but I find that comparison ironic since it's very much a living statue-esque look, in its own way just as sterile a representation of the human form as her "mother" look.

Not that I disagree, I think it looks great, too. :lol:

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I loved Letterkenny but I haven't been able to get into the newest season. I don't think they have anywhere left to go with it. Definitely a lot of fun for the first several seasons though.

100% agree. This last season was not that good at all. It had some good moments but overall pretty bad. It was great while it lasted though.

Chris

35 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Started watching Euphoria on HBO Max last night. It stars Zendaya and glamorizes teenage drug use. Neither of which I'm a fan of but my wife likes the series 😅

I used a ton of drugs in my teen years and all three of my personalities turned out fine.:crazy:

12 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Super late to this party, but a buddy of mine turned me on to Letterkenny on Hulu.

Letterkenny is one of my all time favorite comedies, I push Hulu on whoever I can for that show alone. 

Gotta hard disagree on the newest season, I felt it was back to form so to speak, last season was the boring one, the McMurrays weren't even in it! This latest season feels like early Letterkenny, better then ever, as good as it's ever been. I'm ready for Shoresy, give yer balls a tug. 

2 hours ago, hutch said:

Reacher was exactly what I wanted out of a Jack Reacher streaming series.  I can’t wait for season 2. 

Happy to hear rumors that Jack Ryan 3 is coming in the next few months.  I’ll binge that one too. 

Reacher felt a lot like watching the Shooter(USA) series. A new spin on an established movie with some course corrections.  By season 3, the Shooter formula was getting old, hoping season 4 will help it turn a new leaf. 

Ryan season 2 was good, but not as "edge of seat" good as the first season; here's hoping it gets a little better.  Wouldn't mind a season dedicated to Ryan's "go to guy" Chavez, I believe, in an origin story, it would fit in the timeline roughly about now, wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Hrm... it's a Matt Groening kind of day, isn't it?

Hulu orders 20 new episodes of Futurama, and Part IV of Disenchantment dropped on Netflix today as well.

2 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hrm... it's a Matt Groening kind of day, isn't it?

Hulu orders 20 new episodes of Futurama, and Part IV of Disenchantment dropped on Netflix today as well.

I didn't know about that one, but that's probably because I haven't used Netflix since Part III came out.

1 minute ago, mikeszekely said:

I didn't know about that one, but that's probably because I haven't used Netflix since Part III came out.

It definitely wasn't well-publicized... I noticed mainly because I got a push notification from Netflix about it on my phone.

1 minute ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It definitely wasn't well-publicized... I noticed mainly because I got a push notification from Netflix about it on my phone.

Netflix's "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach doesn't help.  For every Disenchanted or Stranger Things there's twenty other Netflix Originals that I don't care about taking up real estate on the main screen.  Meanwhile, shows I actually care about have long since migrated to Hulu or HBO.  I'd probably dump Netflix except my wife likes watching Chinese dramas.

Disenchantment Part IV feels kind of directionless.

For the third time, the big dramatic end-of-part cliffhanger is resolved in like fifteen minutes and quickly forgotten... then it's back to kind of uninspired hijinks until they start building up to the next one.  It definitely isn't as fun as previous parts, and I honestly won't be surprised if Netflix doesn't pick it up for another season.

It's kind of all buildup and no payoff.

So just like the first three seasons then.  I eventually get round to watching them all but if a new season doesn't come round one day, no loss.

EDIT - though perhaps they are lampooning all those Star Trek: The Next Generation cliffhangers that went nowhere.  (nah, I don't think so either)

Edited by Dynaman

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

If you're a fan of Julia Garner (Ruth from OZARK), give this one a try. It's pretty nuts what this Anna Sorokin aka Anna Delvy got away with in real life. 

The wife and I LOVED it. Binged it in a day.:good:

I'm a sucker for grifter stories.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

If I wasn't so backlogged with work I would have binged it in one day too! :D

While Julia doesn't look 100% like Anna, she looks damn close and that accent is almost spot on, she deserves an award. 

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

If I wasn't so backlogged with work I would have binged it in one day too! :D

While Julia doesn't look 100% like Anna, she looks damn close and that accent is almost spot on, she deserves an award. 

I think I was half way through the first episode before I figured out who it was. She transformed pretty good for the role.

What's funny is my wife HATES her in Ozark. So annoyed she won't watch the show. No issue as Anna though.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:09 AM, sqidd said:

Recommend Tinder Swindler and Fyre on Netflix next then. Both are documentaries and the Fyre Festival is mentioned in Inventing Anna and found the few major things in common with all this is young people that are sociopaths that live on Instagram. Unreal.

58 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Recommend Tinder Swindler and Fyre on Netflix next then. Both are documentaries and the Fyre Festival is mentioned in Inventing Anna and found the few major things in common with all this is young people that are sociopaths that live on Instagram. Unreal.

Seen em. Loved them. No idea why I like them so much.

Check out the HBO doc on what's her face that had the scam blood testing machine startup. Very similar to Fyre and Inventing Anna.................. but $9B:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

On 2/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, 505thAirborne said:

FYRE is hilarious (in the sense of what a train wreck it turned into), watched it twice. Need to check out that HBO doc. 

When you watch it keep in mind she is using a fake voice the entire time. It makes it soooooooo much better!:rofl: