11 hours ago, Graham said:

Struggling to get through Legion season 2 at the moment.  Fallen asleep during a couple of the mid-season episodes. Which is strange, as I really enjoyed season 1.

Binged watched  the first 10 episodes of Luke Cage, season 2 at the weekend, to give myself a break from Legion.  Think I'm enjoying it more than season 1.

I don't think adding that single extra episode to Legion helped, I think it hurt it, 10 episodes would've been fine, I definitely found this season dragging more then season 1.

On another note, The Terror is getting a second season! Odd to hear at first since the first season covered the book the series was based on, but apparently the series will be approached like Twilight Zone episodes, a new story, setting, and characters every season. Works for me, if AMC can put together something as detailed, and gripping as season 1 I am absolutely on board!

19 hours ago, Dobber said:

Sounds kind of like Longmire....which is a good thing. 

Chris

I only managed to sit through two episodes of Longmire, seasons apart I might add; so its hard for me to make that call.  Yellowstone is going to be more about trying to maintain one's empire and power, all while trying to decide which of the kids will take the reins of the Ranch.  I view it more as a "Corleone tale" with a cowboy twist and no M. Puzo.  

"An LA source said"  Hardly inspiring.

I don't keep up with UK newspapers, is the Mirror considered reliable.  With that "article" I would have doubts.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see him back as Picard, even if only as a minor character, but he is a movie star now and I would expect he wants more money then they would be willing to pay except for a cameo type of role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just a reminder, BoJack Horseman season 5 will be on Netflix very shortly... I can't wait! :D

It's on! Officially out today, I'll start my binge tonight! I can't wait! Easily one of the best animated series ever, I need my season 5 fix, bad.

11 hours ago, Tking22 said:

It's on! Officially out today, I'll start my binge tonight! I can't wait! Easily one of the best animated series ever, I need my season 5 fix, bad.

Just finished this season. I SOOOOOOOOO hope a season 6 & 7, perhaps an 8,9 & 10 are in the works. :lol:

This season definitely a different vibe than the previous IMO, this one felt somehow darker. Hope the character Flip doesn't come back though, he got annoying quickly. 

I still need to get on with season 4. Season 3 was the one that ended with

Sarah Lynn dying

right? Or if that WAS season 4, then I guess I'm completely on track.

EDIT:

Never mind, that trailer reminded me what happened in season 4, completely forgot about that season (even though it was a good season, they're all good seasons).

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I still need to get on with season 4. Season 3 was the one that ended with

Reveal hidden contents

Sarah Lynn dying

right? Or if that WAS season 4, then I guess I'm completely on track.

EDIT:

Never mind, that trailer reminded me what happened in season 4, completely forgot about that season (even though it was a good season, they're all good seasons).

Well if you're all caught up on Season 4, get a move on with season 5. Such a very addictive show! 

So for those who watched season 5 of BoJack Horseman, what's your take with the very ending? 

Spoiler

Is Diane driving off to find herself, is she going to be like BoJack and drive cross country/go back to Boston or is she maybe considering something far worse... suicide? Her stuff is unpacked in her studio and that last shot of her putting out her cigarette and the way she waves goodbye to BoJack.... what can I say, it did not give me any good vibes. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

I'll tell you when I get to it, but I decided to go through the last two episodes of season 4 first, just to get my bearings straight. Within the first minute of "Time's Arrow" I X'd out of there right quick. "Nope," I said to myself. "Nope, nope, noooope. I'm not in the right mood for this, frakk it, noooope."

51 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'll tell you when I get to it, but I decided to go through the last two episodes of season 4 first, just to get my bearings straight. Within the first minute of "Time's Arrow" I X'd out of there right quick. "Nope," I said to myself. "Nope, nope, noooope. I'm not in the right mood for this, frakk it, noooope."

I feel ya, "Time's Arrow" is a rough ride. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching this film. Might be one of the best things the Coen Brothers have Directed/produced in a long time. 

In between the dark humor, quirkiness and unique stories, the way this is filmed on location and the attention to authenticity in certain scenes is simply amazing. 

We saw this last night on Netflix. My wife and my son loved it. It was a great family Holiday fun movie. Kurt Russel really played a great Santa. Made me a believer again. :good: 

Go check it out. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

33 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Anyone else watch this series? I'm ready for season 2! 

Yes, and I absolutely loved it! I thought it was fantastic! I actually started reading the newer Sabrina comic series about a year and a half ago when I started on the new Archie series, you can tell the folks that worked on this really enjoyed the source material, got me hyped for the series. I'm excited for the holiday special in December.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yes, and I absolutely loved it! I thought it was fantastic! I actually started reading the newer Sabrina comic series about a year and a half ago when I started on the new Archie series, you can tell the folks that worked on this really enjoyed the source material, got me hyped for the series. I'm excited for the holiday special in December.

I feel the same way. I remember watching Sabrina the teenage Witch back in the day and thought this was just going to be a modern day remake... nope, this has a sinister dark feel to it which I really enjoy, the acting is great and no sappy or cringe worthy dialogue. What I find really unique is the town setting, it feels like it's somewhere between the 60's or 70's while other parts are modern day with the use of Smartphones and laptops. 

I haven't read the comics yet but I'm very tempted buy to them. 

P.S. Nice to see Saul & Gaeta from BSG show up. :p

On 11/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, no3Ljm said:

We saw this last night on Netflix. My wife and my son loved it. It was a great family Holiday fun movie. Kurt Russel really played a great Santa. Made me a believer again. :good: 

Go check it out. ;)

Just watched it with the kids, we really enjoyed it too.

Chris

On 11/24/2018 at 3:32 PM, no3Ljm said:

Go check it out. ;)

We're watching this right now, so I'm enjoying this very much. You can definitely feel the Chris Columbus influence in this movie, even if he only produced. 

(And in spirit John Hughes too)

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 2 months later...

I just finished Homecoming, and wow, what an experience. Definitely a  s l o w  burner, cleverly constructed, and masterfully realized, with a killer performance by Julia Roberts and the supporting cast, and the best camera work I witnessed in a TV series.