It wasn't this thread, but I mentioned somewhere on the forum that I enjoyed the first season of the old show as a kid. It has a quirky 1980s charm. At this point, the live action trailer isn't delivering much in the nostalgia department. At least Bay's Transformers had Peter Cullen voicing Optimus Prime.

I'm also here for the nostalgia (or lack thereof apparently). I was the only boy in the house and had two sisters to share a TV with so I watched A LOT of Jem with my Robotech, Transformers, etc...

Edited by xrentonx

Kidd Video was a couole years before Jem, and was pretty much just an even more nonsensicle version of Dungeons and Dragons.

Best crossover ever^^

Rock___n___Shock_by_Transformers_Mosaic.

Gimme_a_Gimmick_by_Transformers_Mosaic.j

She__s_Got_the_Power_by_Transformers_Mos

Wow...just wow. That's not fanfic?

This was a preview trailer when I saw Tomorrowland today. I was surprised they were far enough along in production to even have a trailer in theatres. Looks like they took alot of artistic license. Jem says her catchphrase in the trailer, "Showtime, Synergy", which will probably be the token reference to the old cartoon, b/c it doesn't look like they're using the hologram idea here. Shame, b/c they could pull it off with today's effects.

This was a preview trailer when I saw Tomorrowland today. I was surprised they were far enough along in production to even have a trailer in theatres. Looks like they took alot of artistic license. Jem says her catchphrase in the trailer, "Showtime, Synergy", which will probably be the token reference to the old cartoon, b/c it doesn't look like they're using the hologram idea here. Shame, b/c they could pull it off with today's effects.

It's a shame they aren't staying true to Jem.

I wasn't a big fan or anything, but I must admit, I liked the 80s sound for their music and the 80's hairstyles! Plus the technology for Synergy.

If they only had a better storyline, Jem could've been a good show. But that storyline, just ...*puke*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

still feels a little cheesy, but better than some of the movies I've known of like.....Spice World.......yeah I'm scraping the barrel pretty deep. I hit the bottom.

The barrel has no bottom, just increasingly firm layers of muck.

• 4 weeks later...

Oct 23, 2015 mark it on your calanders

Jem "Hannah Montana" and the holograms

I want that time back I spent watching the two trailers! Seriously, a trailer is when you put out the best moments to get peoples attention so they go see the movie.

Rating the movie by the trailers this needs to be direct to DVD in the $1.99 bargain bin! (And that still ain't a bargain)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3614530/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 20% - "Jem and the Holograms ignores its source material's goofy charm in favor of bland by-the-numbers drama."
Metacritic Score: 44 out of 100
Jem and the Holograms Is a Historic Box Office Bomb
Jem and the Holograms Director on Film Bombing, Getting "Death Threats" from Show Fans Edited by areaseven

And the 80s Tranny movie is STILL THE BEST ONE.

Oh, the inappropriate jokes I could make with that quote :p

Seriously though, I agree. On a whim, I rewatched the 80's animated movie, and I could still watch it all the way through to the end. I can't stomach Shia's whining and nonononnonono's beyond the first viewing.

Edited by GU-11

Oh, the inappropriate jokes I could make with that quote :p

Seriously though, I agree. On a whim, I rewatched the 80's animated movie, and I could still watch it all the way through to the end. I can't stomach Shia's whining and nonononnonono's beyond the first viewing.

I have a couple MP3s on my phone from that movie.

Dare by Stan Bush still rocks!

I have a couple MP3s on my phone from that movie.

Dare by Stan Bush still rocks!

I still hunting for a good quality mp3 of the post-movie series's ending theme. For some reason, I just can't get enough of it--just kept rewinding the ending credits to listen to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in, Jem and the Holograms has been pulled from majority movie theaters after poor boxoffice numbers of only making 2 million dollars after only 2 weeks in the box office.

However no one was surprised as the movie only had a 5 million dollar budget.

5 million........

Wow, that really just showed no faith in this film at all didn't it?

This just in, Jem and the Holograms has been pulled from majority movie theaters after poor boxoffice numbers of only making 2 million dollars after only 2 weeks in the box office.

However no one was surprised as the movie only had a 5 million dollar budget.

5 million........

Wow, that really just showed no faith in this film at all didn't it?

I didn't even know they could make a regular studio style movie for that much any more. I was really shocked when I saw that. Not shocked when I heard how badly it did but taken in context of actual losses it is NOWHERE near the worst...

The ultimate epic fail

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3614530/board/thread/249514353

This guy predicted that Jem would be #1 in the box office!

Just wow....

Edit to add

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jem-and-the-holograms-two-weeks_56411700e4b0b24aee4b7401?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618

Universal sunk $5 million into the movie, so it's not a huge loss for the studio. But the "Jem" did manage to rank fourth among the worst opening weekend wide releases since 1982.

"This is unprecedented, and shows just how badly this film flopped," said Jeff Bock, senior box-office analyst at Exhibitor Relations, in an interview with Business Insider. "Not only is it the lowest-grossing debut for a studio film this year, but it's the worst all-time -- by a considerable margin -- for any film released in 2,000-plus theaters."

Edited by eight_car