Okay buuuuuuttttt

Wells isn't the ONLY Reverse Flash. We know that Tachyons power the suit giving it the ability of the speed force. We knew that someone else was wearing the suit and being the crap out of Wells. I do believe Wells is behind it all since the super conductor was acting hay-wire and Reverse Flash sucked Wells in and beat the crap out of him in a convincing performance that made me go "Damn! Wells isn't the Reverse Flash?" until the end. My original theories after the first episode was A) Wells is the true Reverse Flash due to him obviously having a secret room with knowledge of the future and could obviously walk. And later on B) Perhaps Wells is really the future Barry Allen. But as Cisco said, Barry is Red and Reverse is Yellow, Barry said there were Red and Yellow lightning streaks during his mothers death. So obviously Barry was there trying to stop Wells, or, yes, maybe Wells dies and Thawne gets the suit and kills Barry's mother. Ugh Now I kinda wanna watch Flash Point again.

Okay buuuuuuttttt

Wells isn't the ONLY Reverse Flash. We know that Tachyons power the suit giving it the ability of the speed force. We knew that someone else was wearing the suit and being the crap out of Wells. I do believe Wells is behind it all since the super conductor was acting hay-wire and Reverse Flash sucked Wells in and beat the crap out of him in a convincing performance that made me go "Damn! Wells isn't the Reverse Flash?" until the end. My original theories after the first episode was A) Wells is the true Reverse Flash due to him obviously having a secret room with knowledge of the future and could obviously walk. And later on B) Perhaps Wells is really the future Barry Allen. But as Cisco said, Barry is Red and Reverse is Yellow, Barry said there were Red and Yellow lightning streaks during his mothers death. So obviously Barry was there trying to stop Wells, or, yes, maybe Wells dies and Thawne gets the suit and kills Barry's mother. Ugh Now I kinda wanna watch Flash Point again.

Like I said, lots of paths we could go down in this rabbit hole.

Who is Wells? Is he a Hunter Zolomon (Zolomon was also in a wheel chair before he got his powers)? Is he a Thawne descendent? Eobard Thawne once got his powers from taking a Flash-suit and drawing the leftover energies out of it. Is he a different character completely?

Oh the questions....

I'm confused.

Wells can't be in two places at once beating himself up no matter how fast he is so he can't be the Reverse Flash in the latest episode which leads me to believe that he is one of the Reverse Flash since he had the suit. Wells I guess replaced the tachyons and kept it for himself before using it as bait to power his suit at the end. Why didn't Reverse Flash just phase through the security door to get it though?

I'm confused.

Wells can't be in two places at once beating himself up no matter how fast he is so he can't be the Reverse Flash in the latest episode which leads me to believe that he is one of the Reverse Flash since he had the suit. Wells I guess replaced the tachyons and kept it for himself before using it as bait to power his suit at the end. Why didn't Reverse Flash just phase through the security door to get it though?

If I only had the time to explain this...

Concerning Arrow...

Considering there's only 1 person in the DCU whose ever challenged Ra's to single combat and won (and happens to wear a mask...and cape), that pretty much went down exactly how I expected.

So the question of the hour is, they killed Tatsu/Katana? You bastards! Or did they "kill" her?

I'm confused.

short answer, time travel

I definitely loved the finales for both shows, about what I expected to happen to Ollie happened, I mean when he said his goodbyes I'm pretty sure he knew full well that could have been his last time seeing team Arrow, and also of course, Reverse Flash was well done. Now I'm guessing with Ollie out Laurel steps up as Canary, and obviously Roy has to also step up as Arsenal, I can't wait to see when Ollie finally gets back to Starling, er or maybe just Star by then, and he comes across a well worn and battle hardened Canary and Red Arrow, or uh Arsenal. Big questions now all around, who was that walking up to Ollie on the cliff side? Is he going to be taking a dip in a certain now confirmed Lazarus Pit? What man will emerge from said Pit? As far as The Flash goes I'm firmly in the Eobard Thawne camp, I mean Reverse Flash clearly avoided Eddie when he was ripping through the Police, Eddie even mentioned it, it's obvious to me that Eddie is maybe the father or something of Eobard in the future, I mean they're both Thawnes so they're definitely related, but what happened in the future to make Thawne want to go back and torment The Flash? Did Flash let Eddie die in the future? Is Iris with Eddie and they have Eobard and something happens to both of them? Either way, I'm blown away that they're already setting up an Infinite Crisis story, obviously the other red bolt of lightning the night Barry's mom was killed was Barry himself attempting to stop it, it's incredibly ambitious for a TV show in my opinion.

Finally got around to watching the Flash mid-season finale. Loved it! After ready your theories, here is my take...

The Yellow speedster is Eddie of the future. Wells is making the suit in the present and Eddie somehow obtains it at some point in the future. Barry at some point breaks up Eddie and Iris and gets with her. Jealous, Eddie now hates Barry and wants revenge. Future Flash and Eddie have some form of confrontation that takes them through time, hence the Flash disappearing in the future, and during their struggle Barry's mother is killed. Future Flash and "Reverse Flash" seperate somehow during their confrontation probably at different points in time and we still don't know where the Flash ended up.

That's what I think is going on. Wells has been protecting Barry too much to be the Villian IMO.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of stuff going on lately since Arrow and Flash both returned. I thought Pied Piper was fairly well done, he obviously has some more business with Team Flash, and I'm fairly certain he will be involved with Cisco eventually becoming Vibe. I've been liking Arrow, Brick is pretty awesome, damn good casting too in my opinion, it's good to see Roy finally taking on some real responsibilities, he's been mostly just getting kicked around since he put his hood on, so more time spent developing him the better. Laurel...is definitely Canary, I mean she's trying. I'm really glad she didn't just suddenly start whooping ass when she put the costume on, she obviously has quite a ways to go. Overall I'm still pumped every week to watch both these shows, lots of interesting stuff is happening, more Rogues are constantly getting introduced, the Wells Reverse Flash storyline is being handled really well, SPEED FORCE was mentioned, Grodd is coming sooner or later, I'm damn impressed with what CW has done, keep it coming.

• 1 month later...

He'll obviously be back as he's in the previews of the next episode hostage courtesy of captain cold.

Barry will probably abuse this new power to fix mistakes creating that paradox point were all waiting for.

Kinda sad they aren't using the cosmic treadmill but that would probably only work in comics. I wonder if they'll touch on the speed force soon.

From all interviews and panels at PaleyFest, the only response to this is "Just wait." Sounds like they'll get to it. Maybe not this season or in Season 2, but they'll get to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm....

Judging by the preview, the leaked set images and and all this talk of time travel, I get the feeling this whole season of The Flash and Arrow has been a frakin' Flashpoint.

Last nights episode wasn't bad but yeah I'd seem to agree with you. Might explain how caity lotz will be returning. Theories are flashpoint or the pit. Although didn't I see Ollie wearing an assassins uniform in the preview trailer?

My bet will Lazarus put to bring Caity back, making the seasons of two whole shows just invalid will pass off too many fans.

I know that on recently dead the Lazarus pit can bring people back but mentally whack jobbed. Which would be an issue as Sarah has been dead several months, not days.

With flash point all Barry has to do is know when and where at his super speed get off the junction stop the death jump back on the freeway and go for the next deal.

I actually thought about Barry fixing not only his mothers death but even stop the queens gambit from going out saving Oliver and Robert and Sarah from their horrible fates. Then again saving his mother could do that as well!

I need to watch last night again cause there were a few odd scenes they didn't make sense at the time.

I need to watch last night again cause there were a few odd scenes they didn't make sense at the time.

I have a hunch where the flashpoint where take place but we'll find out on the season finale of the 2 shows.

I thought Captain Lance already knew Ollie was The Arrow?

He had a hunch but he didn't care in the end cause Oliver was actually doing some good for the city until things got to personal after the death of Sarah. But yeah he pegged him as the Arrow since Season 1. What's driving me nuts is that this keeps happening and now it's happening with Barry. The whole point of having dual identities is to keep your family safe....and while Oliver tries to keep it on the DL barry just doesn't give two craps and has made it pretty clear when Captain Cold found out.

I'm really hoping that when the Flash point paradox happens all this crap will just go away. It would also explain why the Ras Al Ghul character will continue into Season 4.

Anyone else laugh out loud when the Trickster told the kid "I am your Father"?

that was classic, and Hammil was really channeling his Joker voice that episode.

I hope that the "flashpoint": doesn't erase the whole season, that would piss me off if they didn't handle it right.